IGNORED

Behind Enemy lines

debrand

Fournier's was certainly an apology of the non-apology variety. Unsurprisingly.

"Some people" (ooh, I wonder what people he means) :oops: didn't like his Holocaust reference as a comparison to the millions of children being "lost" from Christian homes. (Yeah, 'cause being exposed to different ideas is not quite the same as being exposed to ZyklonB, y'see, Ray.)

Then he goes on to say the same stuff again, only with less sex, and to flog his book. :snooty:

Yeah, I think he's trying to get fired, hoping for a court case and a mad settlement and a future of being a star speaker at fundy get-togethers.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Voddie posted about it on FB this morning: “Another ‘great’ district exposed.â€

facebook.com/VoddieBaucham/posts/10152557149642550

Thanks for finding and posting that.

The comments are truly frightening (not that that's any surprise). :(

Huh.

When I spent a year at Evil Public School (prior to that and after I was enrolled in private Christian schools) I started that year out going to Christian Club and ended it an atheist. Then two years later I realised I was gay.

Clearly, Ray is onto something here. DAMN YOU EVIL PUBLIC SCHOOLS, I COULD HAVE BEEN STRAIGHT!

• 4 weeks later...
It seems that this teacher is going to get a metaphorical slap on the wrist- he's getting suspended for 5 days without pay. It's a settlement that avoids a lawsuit and somewhat punishes Mr Fournier. The dipshit gets to keep his job however. http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/10/10/ ... pares.html

It's ridiculous, but I'm realizing that Fuquay Varina tends towards the ridiculous. More recent news: http://www.carynews.com/2014/10/10/4222 ... olice.html

It seems that this teacher is going to get a metaphorical slap on the wrist- he's getting suspended for 5 days without pay. It's a settlement that avoids a lawsuit and somewhat punishes Mr Fournier. The dipshit gets to keep his job however. http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/10/10/ ... pares.html

Fournier apologized for the Holocaust remarks soon after they were published in the Christian magazine “No Greater Joy.†But he never addressed his anti-gay statements or remarks that, as a biology teacher, he despises teaching evolution as required by the state.

“Some people might not understand the seriousness of the spiritual destruction of our children and as a result, might come to the conclusion that I am being disrespectful to those families who directly suffered in the holocaust,†he wrote in his apology last month.

That's some apology, fucker. :roll:

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/behind-enemy-lines/

Walking through the gates of the public high-school where I teach feels as if I were walking into a concentration camp dedicated to the spiritual death of those imprisoned behind these walls.

A fuckng concentration camp?!

Let's play a game. It's called, ‘ Which of these items doesn't belong':

a) Learning how to read and write

b) Learning about the environment

c) Having one of your arms set into a spaced pair of vice grips just before another person cuts through said limb with a hand saw

d) Recess

a) Workshrets followed by an in-class movie

b) Being soaked in petrol and set on fire

c) Naptime

a) Taking a standardized test

b) Being vaccinated at school

c) Writing a report

d) Being forced to dig your own grave before being shot

a) Milk and apple slices as a snack

b) 10 litres of water x 500 men

Fuck the fundie idiot responsible for that moronic article. I know it's wrong of me, but I actually hope she experiences some hardship.

I think the best thing this district could do would be to reassign him to do study hall or any insignificant position. This guy is jonesing to get fired, and if the SD had done that they would play right into his hand. Not firing him and making him stay in a non-teaching position is probably the best way to handle this.

It sucks either way, but at least this Fournier idiot won't be teaching crappy science to kids.

The parents should be throwing a fit that he is allowed to stay and teach. I do see why they didn't fire him, but they should have moved him to a position so miserable that he would quit.

I think the best thing this district could do would be to reassign him to do study hall or any insignificant position. This guy is jonesing to get fired, and if the SD had done that they would play right into his hand. Not firing him and making him stay in a non-teaching position is probably the best way to handle this.

It sucks either way, but at least this Fournier idiot won't be teaching crappy science to kids.

If the school district doesn't do that now, they may end up doing it by the end of the school year. The ripples from this haven't stopped spreading yet. My guess is he's going to have a lot more trouble controlling his classroom.

"Any questions? Yes?"

"Mr. Fournier, do we get our arm tattoos today?"

"Mr. Fournier, how do you know who's a lesbian?"

And so forth.

I once taught in a school where a teacher "didn't relate well to students" and was assigned to monitor the halls and make sure students had passes. As an extra challenge, if they were tardy he wrote them up for detention. He had 16 years on the job and was getting paid much more than I was.

oh lord, and i bet he's feeling the itch to write about this whole experience as "persecution". *eye roll*

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope that the school and students will watch this guy like a hawk. He is not the type of person to take this as a lesson and change. He will mess up again. I bet anything on it.

If he's tenured, this won't do to much, though his teacher's union might not like hearing about it...

It's North Carolina, where you can be fired for wearing the wrong color *God forbid they wear Duke Blue, instead of Carolina Blue.* Seriously, this is a right to work state (As is SC) and that really means, "right to fire for any damned reason!"

Archived