IGNORED

Happy Birthday to Stevie Maxwell (and a BIG newsflash)

Justme

8/7, today is Stevie's birthday. BIG NEWSFLASH, he LOVES spending time with the FAMILY!!! :pink-shock: Bet ya'll didn't know THAT!!

I think he's 63, or maybe 62. Mary's 18th birthday is soon, plus their wedding anniversary. There may be another August birthday, too...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the newsflash was going to be that he allowed his family to spend extra hours contemplating HELL and DEATH while partying out on bean burritos and an extra animal cracker each. Woo-hoo!

He's 63.

Teri's 63rd is also this month, the 17th, I believe.

I wonder what it's like to be 63 and have 6 adult children living at home.

8/7, today is Stevie's birthday. BIG NEWSFLASH, he LOVES spending time with the FAMILY!!! :pink-shock: Bet ya'll didn't know THAT!!

I think he's 63, or maybe 62. Mary's 18th birthday is soon, plus their wedding anniversary. There may be another August birthday, too...

But does he love the Lord Jesus with all his heart?!?!?!?!?!??!

Inquiring minds want to know!

He's 63.

Teri's 63rd is also this month, the 17th, I believe.

I wonder what it's like to be 63 and have 6 adult children living at home.

And in 10 years, he'll be 73 with 6 adult children living at home.... Sarah will be 43 and Mary nearly 28.... :roll:

And in 10 years, he'll be 73 with 6 adult children living at home.... Sarah will be 43 and Mary nearly 28.... :roll:

I really, truly hope not, but I fear that will be the case. I don't see him letting those "kids" go.

I, a perfect stranger from the other side of the world, knew all of those "little known facts" except that he can make awesome popcorn. And as my ten year old can also make awesome popcorn, I am unimpressed.

Another newsflash-Bible Time is his favorite time of the day!

Of course it's his favorite time of day. If he could he would read the bible all day everyday.

Steve is like,the worst boring old fart I have ever heard of.heck,my gma was hipper than he was.And that's saying a lot.LOL

The worst part is he turns his kids into boring old farts at a young age. :(

But does he love the Lord Jesus with all his heart?!?!?!?!?!??!

Inquiring minds want to know!

Stevehovah loves the Lord with all of his three sizes too small heart.

Of course it's his favorite time of day. If he could he would read the bible all day everyday.

He could read it all day if he wanted to. His sons run the business, his daughters cook and clean and keep the ceiling fans sparkling clean. All Steve really has to do is check the female family member's outfits for defrauding contrasting buttons, eat his burritos and read his bible. In fact, given his discomfort whilst "witnessing" at the fair recently, I suspect that that is all he does do. Oh, and lecture other patriarchs at the occasional conference.

When will Steve let go of his bs. 28 & 43 still living at home with no job, education, or life. Poor Sarah is dying in that house.

I really, truly hope not, but I fear that will be the case. I don't see him letting those "kids" go.

Me either.

Mary needs to get out very soon before she forgets how (if she knows), or misses all her chances and becomes another Poor Sarah. No offence meant to Sarah at all - I think she seems a lovely girl, and would blossom somewhere else where she felt safe and could use her brain, and slowly unfold and open to the world. Mary still has a tiny bit of teenage brightness - she has to go before that family crush it forever

Me either.

Mary needs to get out very soon before she forgets how (if she knows), or misses all her chances and becomes another Poor Sarah. No offence meant to Sarah at all - I think she seems a lovely girl, and would blossom somewhere else where she felt safe and could use her brain, and slowly unfold and open to the world. Mary still has a tiny bit of teenage brightness - she has to go before that family crush it forever

I actually think Mary is the most brainwashed of all - the image of her making a heart with her fingers and saying "but I love my Daddy" when FJers told her that her father was brainwashing her is chilling.

She's never known ANY normalcy - the family was deep deep down the rabbit hole by the time she was old enough to remember, and she had not only parents but all her older siblings re enforcing it all. She's shared a room with Sarah all her life, and Sarah is old enough to have always been somewhat of an authority figure to her and to hold her accountable to Steve's standards.

The glow that Mary has is genuine joy that she's heading to heaven, unlike the rest of the world who haven't been lucky enough to hear her father's wisdom.

I actually think Mary is the most brainwashed of all - the image of her making a heart with her fingers and saying "but I love my Daddy" when FJers told her that her father was brainwashing her is chilling.

She's never known ANY normalcy - the family was deep deep down the rabbit hole by the time she was old enough to remember, and she had not only parents but all her older siblings re enforcing it all. She's shared a room with Sarah all her life, and Sarah is old enough to have always been somewhat of an authority figure to her and to hold her accountable to Steve's standards.

The glow that Mary has is genuine joy that she's heading to heaven, unlike the rest of the world who haven't been lucky enough to hear her father's wisdom.

Aaah lilith...you just broke my heart :( and unfortunately, you are probably right, I hadn't looked at it that way. It is just so sad to see these girls wasting their lives cleaning ceiling fans when the world has so much to offer.

bweeheehee

Had to go get some memes for this momentous occasion.

stump the literalist: :twisted:

post-10046-14451999327403_thumb.jpg

and, not that animal crackers are square but this was just too funny:

post-10046-14451999327574_thumb.jpg

I agree that Mary is the most brainwashed out of all of them. The older ones might remember somewhat of their life before then went down the rabbit hole. But Mary has only known this life & dose not realize that their is a different world out their.

I hate to bring the conversation further down, but I'd say that none of the reversals have a chance. John, Joseph, Jesse, Anna, Mary. None of them remember life the way Sarah, Nat and Chris vaguely do.

He could read it all day if he wanted to. His sons run the business, his daughters cook and clean and keep the ceiling fans sparkling clean. All Steve really has to do is check the female family member's outfits for defrauding contrasting buttons, eat his burritos and read his bible. In fact, given his discomfort whilst "witnessing" at the fair recently, I suspect that that is all he does do. Oh, and lecture other patriarchs at the occasional conference.

Well, it's no wonder he felt uncomfortable - he was accosting young kids with balloon animals at a county fair in order to push his version of Christianity on them. I bet that deep down, the old Steve is still inside him somewhere and knows just how very creepy this comes off. It would have suited him better to sit this one out and send only the 'kids' out on this recruitment...

I think it's a swings and merry-go-rounds sort of situation. I think their chances of escape are all equal (ie, pretty much nil).

I don't think any of the reversal remember any time when things were different. I think Steve had well and truly boarded the crazy train by the time they were at an age were they might have been exposed to anything different.

On the other hand, they might be just a little less enmeshed, and might find it slightly easier to adapt if they suddenly found themselves in a less restrictive situation.

I put Mary's hand heart down to her immaturity. Let's face it : In chronological terms she was 16 (15?) when that incident occurred and that's normal behaviour for an average 8 yo. That's pretty much where I'd expect her to be in terms of social development.

I remember being approached by religious zealots when I was a kid, some of them family members. It always made me feel very uncomfortable and somehow guilty; like I was being labeled a bad person. It's interesting the Maxwells seemed to focus on kids. I guess they know they can't win over any adults.

Just how old is Anna? I think she is about my daughter's age and WOW what a difference. I feel really bad for those girls. :cry:

I hate to bring the conversation further down, but I'd say that none of the reversals have a chance. John, Joseph, Jesse, Anna, Mary. None of them remember life the way Sarah, Nat and Chris vaguely do.

I actually have a lot of hope for John. I attended a Maxwell conference back in 2011 with a friend, Friday evening and Saturday morning. In the short time that I had observing them, I came away feeling that John was just 'different' from the rest. He seems genuine in a way that the others can't pull off. He came right over and talked to my friend and I - two women sitting in the pews without our headships around and he comes over anyways. Just imagine! He wasn't the only one though, Sarah also came over and chatted with us so I'm sure they're under strict orders to chat up the customers in the pews. While the family was putting on their "concert" (and I use the term loosely) John was up on stage, playing his banjo, smiling his big ol' smile with his foot tapping away to the music, he really seemed to be having a good time. He comes off as friendly and funny and just plain old nice.

Now Joseph, he's another story. I got bad vibes from him - he seemed to be quite arrogant, unfriendly (I didn't see him speak to anyone other than his family). He was even walking just a few feet in front of me into the church and didn't even bother to hold the door. I didn't like him at all.

We also spoke with Anna and Mary who were very sweet. They deflected ALL compliments, immediately saying Praise The Lord, or some other such. Those girls have no hope, they are so far gone :?

I thought the newsflash was going to be that he allowed his family to spend extra hours contemplating HELL and DEATH while partying out on bean burritos and an extra animal cracker each. Woo-hoo!

Y'all can't tease me with the "newsflash" stuff! I figured it was saracastic, but still a little subconcious part of me hopes everytime I open FJ that there will be a thread at the top that says "Sarah Maxwell Engaged!!!!!" with like ten pages to it in half an hour. (Aside, if that ever did happen, do you think Curious would break protocol and make it one of the black notification banners at the top? :) )

Hell, at this point I'd be pretty shocked/excited if there were any thread title with "______ Maxwell is engaged!"

Archived