IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

Well, last night was the finale. There were four worthy designers and no drama to speak of other than some model drama: one of Justin's models broke her ankle and one of Bradon's spilled coffee on her dress moments before she needed to walk down the runway. Dom won, becoming the first not just AA woman, but first African-American of either sex to win. That said, her collection didn't much appeal to me. Maybe I'm just not big on prints or something. I am glad she won, considering that she's been a strong competitor all season. Still, I think Alexandria had a better finale collection.

Dom -win

Alexandria -2nd

Justin -3rd

Bradon -4th

After all the insanity of this season, it was good to see four mentally healthy, mature adults in the finale.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone on team anyone-but-Alexandria, I'm happy enough with the outcome. I did think Justin came on strong at the end, but they had already written him off.

I thought Alexandria's collection was really unexciting. Well made, but boring. Her palette was so monotone, and all the shapes were the same.

What was Bradon's unconventional material?

I really like Dom, and I'm glad she won. I wasn't into the shower curtain jackets, but I liked the Tide dress a lot. What the heck did she wear to the runway show? It looked like a garment bag.

At least someone who never made me want to throw things at my television won. But I liked Justin's collection better.

Alexandria, I don't get. You can buy half of that at Kohl's. Usually on the discount rack because no one really wants it that much. Although, Heidi is dressed like that in most paparazzi shots that hit the web, so it is her down time wardrobe and appealed to her. Alexandria should be sending her a bottle of champagne for getting her past three episodes. Personally, I think she should have been sent away the first time she sketched harem pants.

I thought Alexandria's collection was really unexciting. Well made, but boring. Her palette was so monotone, and all the shapes were the same.

What was Bradon's unconventional material?

I really like Dom, and I'm glad she won. I wasn't into the shower curtain jackets, but I liked the Tide dress a lot. What the heck did she wear to the runway show? It looked like a garment bag.

That dress that Don was wearing was (said in my best Shenzi from Lion King voice) FUUG LEE!

Tonight was the reunion show. Helen, Kate and unfortunately Dom all dog piled on Alexandria and came across all mean girl. They were just nasty to her. Helen I knew was mean and I'm not surprised by Kate either, but I am disappointed in Dom. It make me wish she'd not won.

The reunion episode is sitting on my TiVo, but I don't think I want to watch an hour's worth of people being bitchy.

Was there anything entertaining?

I don't think they mentioned if anyone got fan favorite. Maybe they didn't have one this year although I've not trusted the outcome since that no-talent hack Anya won. Did "Meana" Irina win fan favorite too? I can't remember, but I do know that I did not like her.

I did like that several designers said that they thought there were clear favorites. Jeremy got called out for saying that Bradon's marriage proposal was just for show. Tim said that Jeremy already HAD a husband and Bradon said that he'd gotten an email (or snail mail) from a woman who'd changed her mind about same-sex marriage after seeing Bradon's proposal.

Sustainicorn and Miranda said that they'd made up and were friends now.

Is it bad that I didn't recognize the first two eliminated contestants -Angela and Kahindo? I was sitting there and wondering who that other black woman contestant was!

I guess I might have to watch it. I can always zip through it if the bitchiness gets too much.

I did not like the three "cool girls" piling on Alexandria. I already didn't like Helen and Kate, but that really tarnished my view of Dom. It's just so damn junior high to be in the mean girls' clique. Poor Alexandria seemed so puzzled by their meanness.

Am I the only one who didn't really care about the dog pile on Alexandria? She always rubbed me wrong.

I don't like anyone to be bullied even if they are temperamentally cool Swedes.

No me neither I guess it didn't seem like they were being that mean but the fact that they ganged up was. I just didn't enjoy Alexandria's talking heads at all. I know they all talk shit but she didn't have anything nice to say ever, no sense of humor and extremely condescending. It didn't seem like she had any respect for the other designers and didn't think she had anything to learn and that bugs me. Kate and Helen are mean girls too but I felt like they were at least somewhat humble and willing to be wrong. Dom for the most part was humble and respectful.

Is anyone else watching All Stars?

I was not very happy to see the return of Jeffrey. He's gross. In the first episode this season his attitude seems better, so that's good.

Also wasn't too thrilled to see Irina, but they didn't show much of her and she wasn't bitching, so - so far so good.

There were a lot of people from Season 10, for no reason I can see.

I'm happy to see Seth Aaron again. I liked him in his season.

And I'm glad to see Elena again. She was insane in her season, but I liked a lot of her work. I hope she can keep it together and make good clothes this time.

I'm watching All Stars!

It doesn't bother me that Jeffrey's returned (I liked him his season) and I'm positively thrilled to see Seth Aaron again. I don't understand why they have three designers from Season 10 and none from seasons 1,2, or 4. They do however have a judge who was a contestant on seasons 1 and 4 as Austin Scarlett and Christian Siriano return as judges. (Austin's a judge in Episode 5.)

I missed the beginnings of the show last night, but I didn't quite get why they were criticizing Jeffrey's design. It was supposed to be an avant-garde challenge. Haven't these people ever seen any Comme des Garcons or Junya Watanabe? Japanese avant-garde fashion (heck any avant-garde fashion!) isn't supposed to be wearable in daily life. Heck, they should have just looked at the hat that Lady Gaga was wearing in London recently. It appeared to cover her eyes.

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2013/10/lady-g ... ondon.html

If I never have to lay eyes on season 9 winner Anya again, I'll die a happy woman.

ETA: I don't know if you caught Million Dollar Shoppers after PRAS last evening, but that Gregg Asher, the guy who wears high heels along with about three days growth of stubble, looked like he was wearing a housecoat in some talking heads last night. I think my girls had one similar when they were little.

I'm watching All Stars, but I'm unimpressed so far.

I thought the insect-inspired challenge turned out some interesting things. I liked the winning look. I was very glad to see Daniel go. He rubs me the wrong way.

Jeffrey's was fugly as fuck, in addition to being unwearable.

I'm tired of all the tears, but at least so far there hasn't been much in the way of bitchery and fighting.

All I can say so far is that Alyssa Milano is a terrible host.

Yes she is. And her attempts to pronounce the Marchesa perfume name are painful, and I suck at French.

I'm watching! Ready for some snark, too. alyssa Milano is AW.FUL. She needs lessons on how to 1) read and 2) talk. She is SO stiff and plastic.

Re the fashion - there were about 2 avant garde pieces in the whole thing. I mean, really, an LBD with some black boning-like pieces attached?? a knee-length cocktail dress, essentially??? I am also glad Daniel is off -- I agreed with the judge who mentioned his taste level is definitely not where it needs to be.

I expected the designs to be better from "all stars" but I guess all but 1 of them lost their season, so....

I'm watching! Ready for some snark, too. alyssa Milano is AW.FUL. She needs lessons on how to 1) read and 2) talk. She is SO stiff and plastic.

Re the fashion - there were about 2 avant garde pieces in the whole thing. I mean, really, an LBD with some black boning-like pieces attached?? a knee-length cocktail dress, essentially??? I am also glad Daniel is off -- I agreed with the judge who mentioned his taste level is definitely not where it needs to be.

I expected the designs to be better from "all stars" but I guess all but 1 of them lost their season, so....

There are three former winners: Seth Aaron, Jeffrey, and Irina.

There are three former winners: Seth Aaron, Jeffrey, and Irina.

Well, dammit. :) thanks for correction.

I loved Victor's and Christopher's dresses this evening. I thought Irina's was not good; in fact, I wouldn't have been surprised it was in the bottom. Jeffrey was damn lucky he didn't get auf'd this week,

Irina's was so tacky!

I have to admit that Jeffrey's personality is soooo much easier to take this season. His dress wasn't great, but I don't mind if he sticks around as long as he stays pleasant.

I was sorry to see Melissa go. I liked her. Maybe not her dress, so much.

Archived