IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

I think Tim saved him because he was enthusiastic about Justin's design. He didn't think it would turn out the way it did. He even told the judges he was pushing him to keep going, instead of getting him to change his mind. Tim normally does a good job steering the contestants in the right direction. I think saving Justin was his way of saying, "I'm sorry" for his critique. I think the judges should have picked someone else after Tim tried to take the blame for Justin's garment.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Helen is a soggy crybaby and a shallow gossip. I can't wait to see her ass go home.

I think Tim saved him because he was enthusiastic about Justin's design. He didn't think it would turn out the way it did. He even told the judges he was pushing him to keep going, instead of getting him to change his mind. Tim normally does a good job steering the contestants in the right direction. I think saving Justin was his way of saying, "I'm sorry" for his critique. I think the judges should have picked someone else after Tim tried to take the blame for Justin's garment.

Ah, this makes more sense to me. I get the save now.

Who knew shoes could be such a bore. And I was so disappointed with the way Kate's pair looked on the model. I was drooling over them before I saw them on foot.

The battle of the LBDs; didn't love anyone. I guess I'd have to say that Helen's was the best up there. I'd wear a peplum in a minute (and do own a peplum dress, but then again I do not consider being "hippy" or "looking bigger than I am" an affront to humanity), but not at that length or with that horrible hem. Alexandria's is a hell no for me; it looked very costume-y, like she was off saving the world and these are the tatters that remain. That leaves Helen, and I guess I'd wear some "meh" dress.

I didn't hate anyone in the bottom, either. This was one big group of safe garments, with no stand outs and no clear losers, IMHO. I hope next week is better.

I hate to say it, but do these people NEED an unconventional element in order to created something interesting?

The peplum was all wrong. They can be great, but that one wasn't. From the back it made the model's ass look huge. And she's a model!

I will not miss Miranda. Everything she made looked the same, and it was all sad.

I agree that Kate did nothing to highlight those shoes, which were so odd. I would have liked to see something to really show them off.

What the fuck happened to Bradon this week? That outfit was terrible.

I have to admit I missed most of this week's show and all of the sound. I had my TV on mute. I did love seeing Swatch with a little blue rubber ball in his mouth and then playing with Tim on the floor. That was sweet! Lifetime, just cancel PR and give us the Tim and Swatch Show, please.

Can someone shove that ball into Ken's mouth and keep it there until he's finally booted (none too soon)? Until then, STFU KEN!

Well, last night we were treated to the designers having to make outfits for Heidi's New Balance line. Most of the designers did make clothes you could actually work out in even if those crack-smoking judges did not acknowledge it. Neither winner Helen nor Kate the anointed made good clothes while either Bradon or Alexander should have won with Justin or Dom in third place. Alexandria, imo, should have gone home for that crazy dropped crotch on those pants. I wasn't that impressed with the other parts of her outfit either. Nina criticized Alexander's for the high waist, but where exactly does Nina think the waist on activewear should be? I want my waistband near or at the waist if I'm running or otherwise active. I ran in the heavy rainband of a tropical storm once and got as soaked as you could get without immersing myself in water. If my shorts' waistband had been lower, then my butt would almost certainly have been exposed. Why can't get they get actual athletes to judge activewear?

Oh, and the Dutchess was back, but unfortunately he made a fat-shaming remark.

But the "pleasure pants" line was pure Duchess gold!

Most of the FW pics are up at Blogging Project Runway (TLo live tweeted during the show, but no pics on their site, yet).

If this goes the way most people interviewed think it should, a nice person will finish first. And Ken? Hit the road Jack. For some reason, he didn't even show a collection although he was still in the workroom after last night's elimination. I wonder if the air date was moved back a week, meaning Ken's the next auf. I sure hope so.

As for finalists, I'm calling Braden, Dom, and *maybe* Jeremy. Alexander, from what I've seen, went full-on costume/drag...a big FU decoy collection, IMO. Apparently, one outfit has to have some (all? it wasn't clear) unconventional materials. I guess it makes sense, since there have been what, 3 UM challenges this season to date.

eta: TEAM DOM!!!!

Those drop-crotch pants were awful! How in the world would they work for exercising? Your thighs would rub together! Or, mine would anyway. And they look soooooo ugly.

Looking at the Fashion Week collections, I was underwhelmed by both Dom and Bradon. They weren't bad, I just expected more pizzazz.

So did I, happy atheist. I gotta say that I liked Justin's collection best. I hope he wins and I'm glad that Tim "saved" him from elimination.

Can you post a link to the photos of the collections?

I agree with Ken needs to go, he's like a little kid who whines when he doesn't get his own way, and someone has always caved in before this in his life, so he thinks it will work here.

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/ have pictures up.

I was also disappointed by Dom's collection. I was expecting more. My favorite of hers was the dress I'm assuming was the unconventional materials dress. The rest was just kind of blah. Justin's was better than expected. He may not be cut out for the crazy time restrictions during the regular season.

I liked the fabrics in Alexander's collection. Everyone else's collections seemed competent, but boring. Department store clothes.

Alexander's jewel tones were nice, but I don't really like most of the clothes.

Kate's looks are growing on me. I also like Justin's for the most part. That collar/belt detail ties things together nicely.

I like Dom's unusual materials dress.

I don't like many of Bradon's fabrics. The dappled water color print just isn't my thing, and the satin is SO! SHINY!

And I just can't with the butterfly emerging from the crotch on these pants:post-2315-14451998183854_thumb.jpg

Helen has a few nice things, but then she's got this one where it looks like the model spilled coffee on herself.

post-2315-14451998184338_thumb.jpg

God I hope Ken goes away next week.
I think Heidi and the other judges were trying to make him explode on purpose last night so they could get rid of him.

He's got to go soon, though, because

if you look at the finale collections, he doesn't have one. But Jeremy does. This makes me think Ken walks out (like Sandro) and they bring Jeremy back.

I think Heidi and the other judges were trying to make him explode on purpose last night so they could get rid of him.

if you look at the finale collections, he doesn't have one. But Jeremy does. This makes me think Ken walks out (like Sandro) and they bring Jeremy back.

In the promos for next week he's shown flipping his shit again, so that might be the breaking point.

Two things continue to irritate me about Project Runway the more seasons we get:

1) The fact that in the past 3/4 seasons they've allowed designers to make whispered comments during the runway show. Bleh!

2) Choosing dramatic contestants over talented ones. Ken is just not talented enough to account for the rage.

I didn't really like the challenge this week. I've lived in the South and the North, and I don't really see a difference in the fashions. Modern Southern Woman=Modern Woman+ more make up.

In the promos for next week he's shown flipping his shit again, so that might be the breaking point.

Two things continue to irritate me about Project Runway the more seasons we get:

1) The fact that in the past 3/4 seasons they've allowed designers to make whispered comments during the runway show. Bleh!

2) Choosing dramatic contestants over talented ones. Ken is just not talented enough to account for the rage.

I didn't really like the challenge this week. I've lived in the South and the North, and I don't really see a difference in the fashions. Modern Southern Woman=Modern Woman+ more make up.

Yeah not sure where they were trying to go with the theme this week. I don't think there really is a difference in fashion between the North and the South, except maybe people in the south not wearing a lot of heavy wool sweaters because its hot. Basically it was just a "make a dress, any dress" kind of challenge.

My favorite was actually the sun flower dress. I really did not like any of the plaid dress. The patterns were so much I really couldn't see the cuts of the dresses.

Both Justin's and Jeremy's dresses were thing you'd currently see in Belk stores. The plaids seemed more inspired by people's outmoded stereotypes of what southern hillbillies might wear, but even then I think they'd be wrong. You don't see more plaid in the South than the North and you might even see less.

Alexandria should have gone home for that abomination made out of boxer short material.

I did see several posters over at TLo's blog using "Bless your heart" today and not in a complementary way.

It doesn't mean they

bring Jeremy back though. Jeremy wasn't eliminated yet when Fashion Week happened, so he showed a collection so there wouldn't be spoilers. It's how it is every year. For example, everyone eliminated after Kate (8 people) showed a collection last season. The only time a person who hasn't been eliminated in an episode by the time Fashion Week rolls around IRL is Maya because she quit in an episode later in the season.

So, Ken definitely quit at some point. Based on the previews, it might be this week. If he quit before or in the early parts of the work time they will probably bring Jeremy back in, but if it's later in the episode they just won't eliminate the lowest design.

If Ken doesn't quit this week, then it won't be Jeremy they bring back, it will be the last person eliminated.

Just let me know when Ken is gone and I'll watch the show again.

Seriously, these days I usually just watch Project Runway On Demand. I was a huge fan for seasons 1 - 7ish. I want to watch talent, skills, and creativity. I dislike the drama.

This season doesn't seem to have much talent. I'm not impressed by anyone.

Temper tantrum Sandro (fairly scary) left voluntarily or was forced to leave after he punched a camera. Quite rightly. But Sandro was actually a little less scary to me than "Don't even look at me," obscenity laden scissor wielding Ken. There is something very wrong with this Ken guy. I fear he could massively blow at any time.

Come on Project Runway! More talent, better screening for fragile people, much less drama, fewer weird materials, and give the poor suckers more than a day for each challenge please. I'd like to see decent design and construction. Thanks.

Just let me know when Ken is gone and I'll watch the show again.

Seriously, these days I usually just watch Project Runway On Demand. I was a huge fan for seasons 1 - 7ish. I want to watch talent, skills, and creativity. I dislike the drama.

This season doesn't seem to have much talent. I'm not impressed by anyone.

Temper tantrum Sandro (fairly scary) left voluntarily or was forced to leave after he punched a camera. Quite rightly. But Sandro was actually a little less scary to me than "Don't even look at me," obscenity laden scissor wielding Ken. There is something very wrong with this Ken guy. I fear he could massively blow at any time.

Come on Project Runway! More talent, better screening for fragile people, much less drama, fewer weird materials, and give the poor suckers more than a day for each challenge please. I'd like to see decent design and construction. Thanks.

I agree about giving them more time, but I really enjoy the unusual materials challenges. I think it's key that they have more time for those though. I think there are some really creative, interesting designs with the unusual materials.

Ken is a psychopath. Sandro was all bluster, Ken is calculating rage. Much scarier.

Archived