IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

All the dresstestants turned out fairly respectable garments except one: Amanda whose jumpsuit with a peignoir over it was just pure fugly. I don't get Nina's love for jumpsuits. They're damn impractical and when you need to take a leak and then to have to take a bathrobe off before you drop trou just plain stupid. Like someone on TLo said, Nina must never have to pee. A few contestants did have construction issues, but every other single designer had a better garment that Her Majesty Amanda.

At least I can take a little comfort in that Amanda's dress wasn't to Zac's taste either.

Probably also stems from her love of granny-panty inspired shorts.....Jumpsuits are impractical and unflattering and don't belong paired with million dollar jewelry.....

That bathrobe shower curtain coat on that so bad, who in the right mind would wear that.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLO have the 9 finale collections, and it's mostly a big yawn. Fäde's at least has some color, and Sandhya's is pretty interesting. And I actually kind of like Korina's. It has a lot of mod-style color blocking, which I am a sucker for.

Lots of visible nipples everywhere, which is just stupid. Real women can't wear stuff like that.

I do wish they timed things differently so there weren't so many dummy collections.

TLO have the 9 finale collections, and it's mostly a big yawn. Fäde's at least has some color, and Sandhya's is pretty interesting. And I actually kind of like Korina's. It has a lot of mod-style color blocking, which I am a sucker for.

Lots of visible nipples everywhere, which is just stupid. Real women can't wear stuff like that.

I do wish they timed things differently so there weren't so many dummy collections.

I totally don't understand why they don't. It would, clearly, be cheaper to have fewer finale collections. I read a few years ago that the non-finalists get the same amount of money to spend on their collections.

I really liked Fäde's dress, but it was not avant garde. It sucks that he was eliminated. His decoy finale collection was one of my favorites.

The two winning dresses were both cool. Sean's idea with the dye was brilliant. I just wish the dress was a little less simple. Kini's umbrella dress was inspired.

I don't care that she had immunity, Korina should have gone home for that stupid costumey getup. Her thunderbird idea was interesting, and I liked the sketch. The thing she ended up with was laughable.

A lot of us over at TLo laughed at Amanda's ignorance of Egyptian history. Cleopatra would NOT have cried over a flooded Nile; she may have cried over a Nile that failed to flood. The annual floods were responsible for much of ancient Egypt's success and prosperity. Her dress was colorful, but those triangles of fabric/vinyl/whatever reminded me of Chemex coffee filters.

I really liked Fäde's dress, but it was not avant garde. It sucks that he was eliminated. His decoy finale collection was one of my favorites.

The two winning dresses were both cool. Sean's idea with the dye was brilliant. I just wish the dress was a little less simple. Kini's umbrella dress was inspired.

I don't care that she had immunity, Korina should have gone home for that stupid costumey getup. Her thunderbird idea was interesting, and I liked the sketch. The thing she ended up with was laughable.

These were pretty much my thoughts. There was nothing wrong with Fade's dress, but was not close to avant garde. I think I would have had Kini as the sole winner. Sean's idea was innovative and worked great, but the dress was way too simple. He could have made an over the top white dress, especially given they had two days (finally). I actually liked the hat on Kini's dress from afar, thought it helped make the look, but up close it did look a little messy.

Korina and Amanda just.need.to.go.

These were pretty much my thoughts. There was nothing wrong with Fade's dress, but was not close to avant garde. I think I would have had Kini as the sole winner. Sean's idea was innovative and worked great, but the dress was way too simple. He could have made an over the top white dress, especially given they had two days (finally). I actually liked the hat on Kini's dress from afar, thought it helped make the look, but up close it did look a little messy.

Korina and Amanda just.need.to.go.

And Sandhya with them. A triple elimination would be fun. Although, I guess if Circus Clown on an Acid Trip were the goal, Sandhya achieved that this week. Her little "I've never been compared to a famous designer" speech was such a smug passive aggressive pile of steaming crap, too.

I loved the runway show this week. Finally Kini got prob, ever though he had to share the win. The product placement is driving me nuts. Why would we associate high-end fridges with a clothing design show? Totally ridiculous.

I'm so ready to see Sandyha go home. She's a smug so-and-so. I can't wait to see next week when Manic Panic lady has no cares to give when Sandyha's crying and begging for compassion. I think Tim's over her too.

LOL, I forgot about the random scenes of the designers standing in front of the open fridge opining about its fine design and organizational capability.

Perhaps they can use the fridge as an inspiration when they design their exclusive accessory for red robin employees.

So with Sandhya and Fäde both gone, I think that my favorite finale collection that's still in the running is Korina. That can't be right. I'll have to go look again.

Much as I dislike Korina, her dress last night was great. Sandhya's jumper thing was a fucking joke.

I did not find Amanda insufferable! How did that happen?

So with Sandhya and Fäde both gone, I think that my favorite finale collection that's still in the running is Korina. That can't be right. I'll have to go look again.

Much as I dislike Korina, her dress last night was great. Sandhya's jumper thing was a fucking joke.

I did not find Amanda insufferable! How did that happen?

I didn't either. Very strange. Must be because too much screen time was devoted to Sandhya being a passive-aggressive whiner and it didn't leave any time for insufferable Amanda?

If a child that age wore that monstrosity Sandhya made to school, it would be a very bad day on the playground.

I think Kini has the skills to walk away with the prize, with Sean coming a close 2nd.

I am glad Sandya is gone, her whole "I love what I do and because I do so, so should you! What do you know about design you silly judges" was too much.

The refrigerator product placement went right over my head. I though using dolls was weird.

Did anyone else get a little concerned about the little girls during fittings. After seeing hands down models clothing during other fittings, and how much touching there is, I wondered why the girls didn't have their moms or someone there as a chaperon. I just didn't want to see anyone with half naked little girls. This sounds weird as I write this, but it just didn't seem right to me, even if some of those little ladies seemed to be be 12 going on 25.

I heard someone (Kini?) ask his model to go into the other room to change. I think they were pretty mindful of the girls' safety. There were probably some chaperones offscreen, keeping an eye on things. I hope so anyway. I don't think anyone would straight-up molest a kid in the workroom, but I could imagine some of these people just not realizing that certain actions would be inappropriate.

OMG, Sandya's really did look like an over-sized onesie. It would have been even worse if she had kept on those stupid sailing cutouts. She definitely had a style all her own, though can't say it suited my taste.

Top 3 were all really good. As much as I hate Korina, hers was super cute, especially with the hat. Kini's was spectacular, though I thought it was a bit to oldish looking for a girl that age. Better suited for high school or college.

I really like the sweater part of Emily's look, and I disagreed about the colors being sad. Sure they weren't primary or pastel, but I thought it was a pretty pallet. The undefined waist was the problem for me.

Char's vest was cute.

Does Zac Posen have a kid? How does he know so much about American Girl dolls?

Can you post the link to see the collections? Do they identify the designers or did you guess by the style of the clothes.

Apparently next week they have to go up to random strangers on the street and ask them to be their model/muse. If you are the random person and have no idea what's going on, that is SUPER creepy.

Can you post the link to see the collections? Do they identify the designers or did you guess by the style of the clothes.

They're all identified this year. The designers introduced the collections themselves. It's not clear which are the decoys and which are the real finalists, at least not until people are eliminated.

Alexander, Amanda, Char: http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/09/projec ... anda-char/

Emily, Fäde, Kini: http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/09/projec ... fade-kini/

Korina, Sandhya, Sean: http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/09/projec ... dhya-sean/

Apparently next week they have to go up to random strangers on the street and ask them to be their model/muse. If you are the random person and have no idea what's going on, that is SUPER creepy.

At least with the camera crew along, you'd have some reason to believe it's legit.

I despise the "real women" challenges. Every season some douche-y designer resorts to: body shaming their client, whines they've never designed for a woman with body, or cries over the dress form proportions looking different then their "real" models.

I despise the "real women" challenges. Every season some douche-y designer resorts to: body shaming their client, whines they've never designed for a woman with body, or cries over the dress form proportions looking different then their "real" models.

Same! It's incredibly body shaming, and it's like these designers don't even want to design for your everyday women, just runway models. Why bother trying to become a designer then, if you don't want people to wear your clothes? Not to mention how rude and whiney the douche-y designer ends up, it's like can you really call yourself a talented designer if you can only design for one shape? I remember one contestant, I forget his name, completely body shaming his client and reducing her to tears, calling her fat - when he was way more overweight than she was. And also just calling it the "real women" challenges reduces models to objects. They treat models like objects on the show anyway, though.

Same! It's incredibly body shaming, and it's like these designers don't even want to design for your everyday women, just runway models. Why bother trying to become a designer then, if you don't want people to wear your clothes? Not to mention how rude and whiney the douche-y designer ends up, it's like can you really call yourself a talented designer if you can only design for one shape? I remember one contestant, I forget his name, completely body shaming his client and reducing her to tears, calling her fat - when he was way more overweight than she was. And also just calling it the "real women" challenges reduces models to objects. They treat models like objects on the show anyway, though.

I wonder, though, if they had say four or five days or even a week for each challenge, how would they respond to a challenge that is not dressing a model? By this point in the season, especially since all the model choosing/stealing/swapping drama has been eliminated from the show, they know how to fit the model they have been assigned. When you have about six hours (which by the time you take out mandatory breaks that the producers require--for eating mostly--, time to film the individual "interviews", takes and retakes of stuff like Tim's critiques, etc...) to work, fitting someone new adds an extra layer of difficulty. On the last episode, we heard some of them moan a bit about having to fit children instead of models. No one screamed age-shaming or ageism over it.

Yes, they should not call anyone "fat", whether the person is or not, but perhaps the general moaning is not based on size or perceptions of the women so much as the time constraints and pressures of the show's format.

And the phrase "real" bugs me, too. I applauded last year when Heidi shot back at it during judging and asked "who is not real?". "Real" and "average" are not synonyms and I don't know why we decided they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived