IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

I want that cowl/jacket type thing that Emily made. I loved it. I don't get the Sandya love from the judges.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a really disappointing group of "future" designs. Blah.

The cowl/hood thing was pretty cool. The runner-up coat with the floating straps on the forearms was interesting. Sandhya's was the most futurey, but not the most attractive.

I think it's good that Angela left. She would have died of dehydration from all the crying otherwise.

Amanda's outfit was a hot mess! I don't even know how to describe those unflattering pants where the bell started mid-thigh. :cray-cray: Sandhya is getting too much praise, too fast. I'm predicting a fall from the pedestal soon in a "we're so disappointed, and expected more from you" auf'ing. I loved Emily's outfit, but I'm surprised Nina didn't call her out on it not being suited for a bra. Mitchell's design was cool. I could totally see that being adapted to a fitness challenge. I'm glad Weepy Girl was auf'd.

I'm not a huge fan of some of Sandhya's designs, but I love her. What's-his-douche-face mutters about he being a bitch on the runway, and she flicks him off and tells him never to speak to her that way again. I admire her "don't fuck with me, especially you men" attitude. She stands up for herself, and is very aware of patriarchy and the abuse of women. Didn't like her skirt though :lol:

Amanda's dress was AWFUL. I also hated her dress from I think the movie theater challenge? Also same sort of attempt at a fringe thing which was ugly as sin. I don't get why the other designers like this fringe dress.

The judging this week was so WHAT.THE.FUCK! My top three would have been Fade, Kini and Sandhya, Amanda would have been in the bottom along with Hernan. I couldn't believe that Christine just tacked that brown fabric to the bottom of those pants, but I didn't hate her outfit or Sean's as much as Amanda's and Hernan's.

I'm not a huge fan of some of Sandhya's designs, but I love her. What's-his-douche-face mutters about he being a bitch on the runway, and she flicks him off and tells him never to speak to her that way again. I admire her "don't fuck with me, especially you men" attitude. She stands up for herself, and is very aware of patriarchy and the abuse of women. Didn't like her skirt though :lol:

Amanda's dress was AWFUL. I also hated her dress from I think the movie theater challenge? Also same sort of attempt at a fringe thing which was ugly as sin. I don't get why the other designers like this fringe dress.

Amanda is this year's Wretchen.

Amanda is this year's Wretchen.

I couldn't remember who Wretchen was, so I googled her. Still not as bad as Amanda! Haha. Can Amanda just go already? I agree with your post that she should have been in the bottom.

Wretchen is the nickname that Tom and Lorenzo (or one of my fellow Bitter Kittens) gave to Gretchen a few seasons ago when she was the anointed one and won her season. That season was infamous for Mondo being the contestant with the most serious design talent yet he didn't win. TPTB decided that Gretchen should win and, despite the strenuous objections of a judge or two, she won. I think that Tim Gunn wrote about this in his book, Gunn's Golden Rules, but I could be wrong. I think Nina was pushing Wretchen hard for the win. Michael Costello was also on that season.

No wonder that the design world doesn't take Project Runway seriously.

I'm completely on board with ya'll regarding Amanda's dress. It was hideous! Kini was shafted. I liked Sandyha's garment with the shout out to product placement, a very stealthy and smart move. I'm glad to see Hernan auf'd. I remember Gretchen, couldn't stand her either. She's in my most despised list with Kenley and Ivy. May they never grace the screen again. :pray:

I am embarrassed that I didn't remember that Andy South was also one of the finalists of Season 8. I can't remember what his name is now, but he decided to transition after his season. I wish him the best of luck in his new life as a woman.

I didn't realize Tim Gunn wrote a book! And one judge shouldn't get to overrule other judges - especially when the person they are pushing for has NO appeal.

And out of all past contestants, why did they have to bring Amanda back?

Wretchen is the nickname that Tom and Lorenzo (or one of my fellow Bitter Kittens) gave to Gretchen a few seasons ago when she was the anointed one and won her season. That season was infamous for Mondo being the contestant with the most serious design talent yet he didn't win. TPTB decided that Gretchen should win and, despite the strenuous objections of a judge or two, she won. I think that Tim Gunn wrote about this in his book, Gunn's Golden Rules, but I could be wrong. I think Nina was pushing Wretchen hard for the win. Michael Costello was also on that season.

No wonder that the design world doesn't take Project Runway seriously.

Wretchen wining over Mondo was the biggest travestiy in PR history.

Heidi wore one of Mondo's dresses from that collection on a red carpet. I have yet to see Nina don one on Wretchen's granny-panty inspired looks out in public.

I thought this was a fun challenge, and some of the results were pretty nifty. I agree that Amanda's was bad. Not auf-worthy in my opinion, but bad.

I was glad to see Hernan go. I probably would have given the win to Kini.

Mitchell's was pretty awful.

I kind of liked Sandyha's from the back, not so much from the front.

For once I think the right dress one. Kini's was really nice, too, but maybe not quite as original. And I thought Fade's was quite striking.

Amanda's was awful. That trim was just fug.

For once I think the right dress one. Kini's was really nice, too, but maybe not quite as original. And I thought Fade's was quite striking.

Amanda's was awful. That trim was just fug.

Agree. Kini's was really pretty and well made, but something one sees on every red carpet.

I like Fade's as well, but thought it probably wasn't quite enough for an awards show red carpet, maybe for something less formal.

Did not get the Amanda love on that. Looked like the model had a runway strip down her.

Heidi in the winning dress made it on fashion police last night. They didn't like it. Have to agree, it didn't look great on her, think Kini's may have done better on her.

I really wish they gave the designers more time to work. I'd rather see nice designs than "drama".

Amanda and Corrine both need to go away now.

I really wish they gave the designers more time to work. I'd rather see nice designs than "drama".

Amanda and Corrine both need to go away now.

A couple of things factor into the weakening of PR: it's no longer produced by Magical Elves, but by the same people that make the "Real World" which is all about the drama and it seems like they are trying to produce the show as cheaply as possible. Gone are the days where they had good department stores or a decent online shop providing the accessories and the winning designer got a decent mentorship. I don't know that HP is even providing a prize this time. The winner gets to design some flair for Red Robin employees! Whoopee! The cheapness of the production also figures into why there are no two day challenges anymore.

This season is so bad that it might just be my last. I'll just keep up with the snarky commentary on TLo and here at FJ. Michael Kors got out while the getting was good and his great remarks are missed. It says something -and that something isn't good- when Heidi Klum is your sane judge.

Next season on PR, the Payless Accessory Wall!

Oh yeah, the red robin prize. That is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for product placement there......

And nothing against Zac Posen, but PR without MK is judging panel is just not the same.

THAT CROTCH IS INSANE!

So, the unconventional wedding challenge... how frustrating for Kini was that?

Robbed... a second time. Ugh!

The only thing that gives me comfort is that Kini could win this whole thing. The little challenges are nice but go for the whole thing Kini! Woot woot! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

Dear Project Runway,

Please, oh please, tell me that just before you get to the three finalists, Ashton Kutcher is going to show up to tell Amanda and the viewers that we have all been punk'd and no one really liked her nasty clothes.

Because if not, I might have to finally quit you.

Thanks.

All the dresstestants turned out fairly respectable garments except one: Amanda whose jumpsuit with a peignoir over it was just pure fugly. I don't get Nina's love for jumpsuits. They're damn impractical and when you need to take a leak and then to have to take a bathrobe off before you drop trou just plain stupid. Like someone on TLo said, Nina must never have to pee. A few contestants did have construction issues, but every other single designer had a better garment that Her Majesty Amanda.

At least I can take a little comfort in that Amanda's dress wasn't to Zac's taste either.

All the dresstestants turned out fairly respectable garments except one: Amanda whose jumpsuit with a peignoir over it was just pure fugly. I don't get Nina's love for jumpsuits. They're damn impractical and when you need to take a leak and then to have to take a bathrobe off before you drop trou just plain stupid. Like someone on TLo said, Nina must never have to pee. A few contestants did have construction issues, but every other single designer had a better garment that Her Majesty Amanda.

At least I can take a little comfort in that Amanda's dress wasn't to Zac's taste either.

Nina probably has 10 assistants to take care of everything which allows her to spend 20 minutes in the private bathroom attached to her office. Certainly, she's never had 2 minutes to find a bathroom, pee and get back to a classroom before a bell like I did while subbing Wednesday morning.

Zac was exactly right about it; it would land someone on a worst dressed list for sure. I have a feeling it was in the bottom for him and he saved us from another Amanda win.

Did the judges get together and smoke crack before the runway show? Because that is honestly the only way that they could have liked Amanda's jumpsuit, and the only way she could have won challenges. I thank Zac Posen for not smoking crack for that episode and for the reassurance that I am not insane, and somehow these women who have ZERO taste are praised as fashion icons/experts.

Nina needs to go. She just needs to be fired from the show and her job at Elle. And Heidi should stick to what she's good at, modeling.

Archived