IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

I liked Seth Aaron's dress, except that I would have left off the pink ruffle. I really don't like neon.

I wish that these folks would have a couple months to put together their finale collections. I think we would see some great stuff. If they do it like previous all star seasons, they'll just have a couple days and only produce a few looks.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My prediction is that korto wins.

I think you're probably right. I don't have a problem with that, but I really like the look of Elena's stuff better. I'm too fat to wear any of it, but I think it looks really cool.

I'll have to pay better attention to this week's episode as I missed a lot of last week's episode. My daughters were over and we were watching the version of Steel Magnolias with Queen Latifah. I was glad, though, that Seth Aaron finally won although I would have liked his dress better without the pink frou-frou.

I've got to say that the outfit that Alyssa Milano is wearing in the opening of the finale is ugly! It also makes her look thick around the middle.

I was pretty satisfied by the finale collections and by who won the whole shebang. I do think it was really close.

I can't believe Seth Aaron put those awful glasses on this models!

I think any of them could have won. The final collections were all good, but Elena's was my favorite. I just really like her style.

I would not have been disappointed if any of the three designers won. I don't remember ever being able to say that.

I can't wait until Tim Gunn's new show next week even if it does have Anya on it!

I was pretty satisfied by the finale collections and by who won the whole shebang. I do think it was really close.

I agree. I loved Korto's first and last looks, especially, although SA's collection was better, imo. I was really bothered by Elana's cut outs not matching up, but that's probably a byproduct of 7 looks in 4 days.

• 6 months later...

This might be interesting! It's still the Road to the Runway, but one contestant they've already chosen is a head-covering black Muslim woman from Brooklyn and another is a woman from India whose marriage is an arranged marriage. There is also a guy who escaped from East Germany back when there still was an East Germany.

ETA: Oh, and a Kiwi, too.

Sadly, the Muslim pre-contestant didn't make it. I don't think that Heidi, Nina and Zac though she could dress Heidi so she was auf'd right off the bat. It's a shame because the ex-contestants judging the possible contenders liked her work.

I think the Indian woman may experience some bullying later on in the season. I know that her win pissed off some of the other contestants. I think we may have a bunch of bad sports this year.

I liked that girl! I really wanted to see what she would bring to the runway. It sucks the producers were too short-sighted to go for it. I do wonder if they would have changed any of the challenges for her modesty standards.

I liked that girl! I really wanted to see what she would bring to the runway. It sucks the producers were too short-sighted to go for it. I do wonder if they would have changed any of the challenges for her modesty standards.

I think she made her own mistake by bringing three very similar dresses to show them in the final audition.

I haven't really watched PR since it moved to Lifetime. But, I watched last night. All I know is I can't understand what the judges are actually looking for in a "winner."

I thought the "winner" looked like crap, like something a 10 year old might sew.

I also disagreed in who the sent home - can't remember names - the other guys should have been kept and Florida Boy should have gotten the boot.

It should be interesting. I wonder who is holding back for now????

I thought the "winner" looked like crap, like something a 10 year old might sew.

I also disagreed in who the sent home - can't remember names - the other guys should have been kept and Florida Boy should have gotten the boot.

It should be interesting. I wonder who is holding back for now????

I liked the winner, but I know that others may not.

Jefferson was the guy auf'd and Mitchell was the guy from Florida. Tom and Lorenzo have already dubbed him Jorts McFlip-flop.

"The Mitchell" should definitely have gone home. That thing he made was awful.

I didn't particularly like the winning look, but the Indian woman's audition pieces were great. I'm going to have to learn how to spell her name.

How much pubic hair does Tim think women have? He was obsessed with it in relation to those pants with the cutouts. They might not have been the best idea, but they weren't in danger of showing off anyone's pubes.

I can't remember anyone's name, but I love the Indian woman because of her attitude and how she's using fashion to bring attention to the mistreatment of women in India. Like a skirt with her middle finger as a print or a dress that says "stupid" on it, directed at those men.

"The Mitchell" should definitely have gone home. That thing he made was awful.

I didn't particularly like the winning look, but the Indian woman's audition pieces were great. I'm going to have to learn how to spell her name.

How much pubic hair does Tim think women have? He was obsessed with it in relation to those pants with the cutouts. They might not have been the best idea, but they weren't in danger of showing off anyone's pubes.

I assume most of the models get brazilians anyway out of necessity for their jobs. But I had a friend in junior high/high school who would have had it showing in those pants. She was traumatized by how much and fast it grew in when puberty hit and her mom had to take her for waxing at a pretty young age so she could wear a swimsuit without it hanging out.

There was no way Amanda's dress deserved the win. It wasn't even the best in her group, let alone the whole competition. And Amanda's makeup in the workroom looked awful.

Angela needs to stop being so weepy. She was so freaked out about the idea of Villains as a theme, and then so opposed to makeup with an edge. She didn't want to use the paper turned so that you could see the print on it. She was dedicated to making everything as bland and gentle as possible. Why is she so obsessed with soft/feminine? Is that all she's comfortable with?

I hope Sandhya doesn't need to have her hand held every challenge.

There was no way Amanda's dress deserved the win. It wasn't even the best in her group, let alone the whole competition. And Amanda's makeup in the workroom looked awful.

Angela needs to stop being so weepy. She was so freaked out about the idea of Villains as a theme, and then so opposed to makeup with an edge. She didn't want to use the paper turned so that you could see the print on it. She was dedicated to making everything as bland and gentle as possible. Why is she so obsessed with soft/feminine? Is that all she's comfortable with?

I hope Sandhya doesn't need to have her hand held every challenge.

Amanda just hung some stuff on muslin. Didn't get the love for that at all. The one with the cellophane and numbers should have had the win.

Angela is a basket case. Saw some whiners on another forum crying that the producers are being mean to her and want her off (I know reality television is highly manipulated and all--even wrote a paper on that once--but these people think the producers are controlling when the designers and judges are allowed to breathe...). If anything, they are likely to keep her on as a designer who has a break down on cue every ten minutes amps up drama and is bound to completely fall apart eventually. She is going to self destruct all by herself soon enough anyway if she can't even handle a gentle suggestion from Tim.

Emilio Sosa's bikini made of washers and nuts on Season 7 was better than Amanda's dress. At least Emilio's showed some imagination unlike Amanda's dress.

I'm sorry, it's too early in the season for me to be bothered with everyone's names. That said, both Russian Manic Panic & Ponytail should've been auf'd. MP really showed her true colors upon return to the work room. I loved how no one but Ponytail gave her a hug. Girl, bye! I call BS on 2nd Chance girl making the winning garment. I was pulling for the straws, but Cry Baby ruined his chances. It's a little early to tell, but I think Char may be a dark horse.

I liked her ticket dress.

I used to work in a movie theatre, so this was kind of a nostalgic episode for me. It would have been better if they'd limited the materials a bit more. But then I guess we'd have had a dozen dresses made out of popcorn bags.

Why did they not have velvet rope? Even my small-town theatre had red velvet rope for crowd control. And someone could have had fun gluing unpopped corn kernels to muslin, like the birdseed dress, right?

Hernan should have been last night's Auf'ee. His outfit was hiddy! Emily and Sandya were the top two and I would not have been disappointed if either woman won. I was wearing wide-leg pants and see-through shirts back in 1972 so I was not impressed at all with Amanda. Her design was not forward thinking at all.

Archived