IGNORED

Duggar Fertility Doctor Visit

MandyLaLa

Jesus blessed her with 19 kids. What else does she want? If she does manage(which I highly doubt) to get pregnant with baby 20 carry it to full term, what will happen after that? Would she try for number 21. I always think that Jb and michelle see their children as trophies that they show off.

I think that's exactly how they view their kids. They believe that their children are blessings from God, so the number is just proof (to them) that they're holier and better than everyone else. I think that's also the reason Michelle won't let go of her fertility because that means they are no longer "blessed".

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus blessed her with 19 kids. What else does she want? If she does manage(which I highly doubt) to get pregnant with baby 20 carry it to full term, what will happen after that? Would she try for number 21. I always think that Jb and michelle see their children as trophies that they show off.

Ya think ?

(Sorry, with the new format I don't actually know how to quote. And I never knew how to do the brain bleach icon, but here you go, lol)

Regarding what a few people said on the previous page, it's not actually true that JB would have to masturbate to produce a sample. Jews don't believe in masturbation either but are fine with IVF, and the sample is produced by having relations with a special condom that has had a hole poked into it (so that you're not "really" wasting seed).

(Sorry, with the new format I don't actually know how to quote. And I never knew how to do the brain bleach icon, but here you go, lol)

Regarding what a few people said on the previous page, it's not actually true that JB would have to masturbate to produce a sample. Jews don't believe in masturbation either but are fine with IVF, and the sample is produced by having relations with a special condom that has had a hole poked into it (so that you're not "really" wasting seed).

I've heard of this condom. IIRC, it's the "okay" form of birth control for catholics and others who believe birth control in general is wrong. With the hole there, God can command a pregnancy if he deems fit. Of course, I'm not sure how you get it to the doctor without it leaking all over you. Gross.

It's odd, how JB and Michelle have said that they're "open to adoption"--but nothing has ever been mentioned since.

Then again, I'm not sure the best home for a child who's been under the care of the state and/or a foster parent(s) is one where (s)he'll immediately be pushed into a household where there will be little personal attention but a lot of cameras in the face all the time.

It's odd, how JB and Michelle have said that they're "open to adoption"--but nothing has ever been mentioned since.

Then again, I'm not sure the best home for a child who's been under the care of the state and/or a foster parent(s) is one where (s)he'll immediately be pushed into a household where there will be little personal attention but a lot of cameras in the face all the time.

I couldn't picture J'Chelle ever wanting a "used" baby. Plus they subscribe to the "sins of the father" nonsense. However, were Famy to have a child, I think they would bring that babe into the fold to show us how Christian they are with strong family values.

I've heard of this condom. IIRC, it's the "okay" form of birth control for catholics and others who believe birth control in general is wrong. With the hole there, God can command a pregnancy if he deems fit. Of course, I'm not sure how you get it to the doctor without it leaking all over you. Gross.

Ah yes, it was me that said he'd have to "you know" to give a sample. I have heard of the whole condom thing for IVF. They'd just take the condom and dump it in a sterile specimen cup and head to the doctor. But, do they allow that for IVF? My doc said NO SEX from the time I started stim drugs until I was like 7 weeks pregnant! Your ovaries are so hopped up on drugs and you are possibly producing 20+ eggs, having any PIV sex risks getting pregnant with a nightmare scenario of multiples. Ovulation is suppressed with drugs, but that can fail and you can ovulate early.

Oy vey.

The condom gets tied shut and put in a special cup as twinmama says. And at least in my experience, samples are provided beforehand and frozen, but I can't speak for everyone.

I assumed the condom would be tied shut. I was referring to the hole at the other end. People do use them simply to prevent pregnancy. Most people keep tissues by their bed so I guess they would wrap it in that? Maybe? Condoms in general freak me out so yeah.

Maybe the no sex rule is the real reason fundies are against IVF so much. The men can't possibly go that long without sex!!

Oy vey.

The condom gets tied shut and put in a special cup as twinmama says. And at least in my experience, samples are provided beforehand and frozen, but I can't speak for everyone.

I would not want to be the lab tech on the receiving end of that cup.

I would not want to be the lab tech on the receiving end of that cup.

Eh, a cup of semen is a cup of semen. For my first IUI I was super self conscious about carrying around a cup of semen (my husband donated at home and I took the cup and headed to the dr, that's just how my doc's practice required it to be). It was super weird driving around with a cup of semen. By my 4th IUI, it wasn't weird anymore.

That's definitely the most times I've said "cup of semen" ever. But really, chances are that lab tech sees a zillion cups a day haha. And if you do the infertility thing, you get over any sense of embarrassment or shyness real quick.

Eh, a cup of semen is a cup of semen. For my first IUI I was super self conscious about carrying around a cup of semen (my husband donated at home and I took the cup and headed to the dr, that's just how my doc's practice required it to be). It was super weird driving around with a cup of semen. By my 4th IUI, it wasn't weird anymore.

That's definitely the most times I've said "cup of semen" ever. But really, chances are that lab tech sees a zillion cups a day haha. And if you do the infertility thing, you get over any sense of embarrassment or shyness real quick.

Which isn't nearly as bad as having to bring a doctor a stool sample. :ew:

I was rewatching a Duggar episode on YouTube the other day. Michelle was cooking eggs in the kitchen (snerk) and the crew asked if she would ever adopt. She got her trademark glazed, crazy-eyed look and said she would consider adoption, and that she would love to hear little feet running through the house belonging to "many, many more children."

It's so creepy when you realize that if she had her way, she would never stop having kids, and all of her current children would have to be caregivers to them. Generation after generation, there would be infinite babies.

:pink-shock:

Does anyone familiar with the quiver full rules know what happens once michelle is officially post menopausal (or Kelly bates, any quiver full woman)? Since sex is for procreation only (or world domination lol), does this mean the couples are no longer "allowed" to copulate? I'm just curious to know if we are gonna see Ben bend jessa over and say "you can't do this anymore" to jim boob.

I assumed that by saying she wants the pitter patter of "many many more children" in the TTH, that Michelle meant grandchildren. Is that too normal of an assumption?

I've seen the sex is for procreation posited here many times, but I've never seen it in Gothard's literature. They merely say it's for married people only. I don't think they believe it's for procreation only.

I assumed that by saying she wants the pitter patter of "many many more children" in the TTH, that Michelle meant grandchildren. Is that too normal of an assumption?

Under normal, non-Duggar cirumstances, it definitely wouldn't be. :lol:

I think it was the creepy way she stared off into the distance and the timing of it - she said it right after being asked the adoption question, then looked as if she was visualizing a Utopian world with thousands of her spawn inhabiting it.

Does anyone familiar with the quiver full rules know what happens once michelle is officially post menopausal (or Kelly bates, any quiver full woman)? Since sex is for procreation only (or world domination lol), does this mean the couples are no longer "allowed" to copulate? I'm just curious to know if we are gonna see Ben bend jessa over and say "you can't do this anymore" to jim boob.

I don't think that they will stop- remember that to them God is all powerful and he can do whatever he wants regardless of a woman's post menopausal state. In the bible Sarah was well past menopause when she gave birth to Isaac in her 90s. Even if Michelle is past menopause they will still view conception as a possibility because God could miraculously intervene.

I've seen the sex is for procreation posited here many times, but I've never seen it in Gothard's literature. They merely say it's for married people only. I don't think they believe it's for procreation only.

Gothard advocates the "full quiver" view of birth control. That is birth control is evil and out of the will of God. God ordained reproduction and going with birth control is going against God. Sex without birth control = procreation.

Nah, sex in fundie world is for whenever Mr Headship wants it!

Gothard advocates the "full quiver" view of birth control. That is birth control is evil and out of the will of God. God ordained reproduction and going with birth control is going against God. Sex without birth control = procreation.

Right, Gothard and his followers definitely believe in not preventing the possibility of procreation, but that's not quite the same thing as saying sex is for procreation only. I've never heard anything to suggest that couples shouldn't be having sex when procreation is impossible, like during pregnancy, or when couples are infertile or too old to conceive.

I don't think that they will stop- remember that to them God is all powerful and he can do whatever he wants regardless of a woman's post menopausal state. In the bible Sarah was well past menopause when she gave birth to Isaac in her 90s. Even if Michelle is past menopause they will still view conception as a possibility because God could miraculously intervene.

However, I doubt Sarah was eating chickenetti on the regular.

Which isn't nearly as bad as having to bring a doctor a stool sample. :ew:

LOL I'll take a cup of semen any day over a bag of poop!!!!

And Michelle can have sex forever because there is always the possibility that there'll be a MIRACLE and her 95 year old ass will bear a child. You know, if God decides that should happen.

I was rewatching a Duggar episode on YouTube the other day. Michelle was cooking eggs in the kitchen (snerk) and the crew asked if she would ever adopt. She got her trademark glazed, crazy-eyed look and said she would consider adoption, and that she would love to hear little feet running through the house belonging to "many, many more children."

It's so creepy when you realize that if she had her way, she would never stop having kids, and all of her current children would have to be caregivers to them. Generation after generation, there would be infinite babies.

:pink-shock:

That is a standard Duggar non-answer to a question that would not cast a favorable light on her if she answered it truthfully. Michelle gets her buzz from birthing her own babies, the buzz wears off in only a few months so hell no she won't adopt . They will never say that they will or will not adopt. No. They will consider it, pray about it etc. etc. and Michelle will stare with crazy eyes and know that her pregnancies are the only ones that count.

Archived