IGNORED

Lori Alexander posted a doozie today

Did her mother work? What's her excuse for being a bitter old wad?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did her mother work? What's her excuse for being a bitter old wad?

Her marriage to ken being lousy for years, his "threat" comment to her about not knowing wtf they would do once the kids were gone, since they had nothing else in common, and her doing the math and suddenly becoming less nasty to his face, but using her blog to get her basically nasty personality out in the open now and them.

Oh, and a lifetime of 10 minutes and some lube.

She says babies cry when mother leaves the room and that's a natural, healthy god given instinct. If that's the case why does she ignore her babies cries to sleep train them? Dumbass.

My mom went back to work and my dad was my caregiver from age one to about age three.

I guess I'm doomed. :(

Her marriage to ken being lousy for years, his "threat" comment to her about not knowing wtf they would do once the kids were gone, since they had nothing else in common, and her doing the math and suddenly becoming less nasty to his face, but using her blog to get her basically nasty personality out in the open now and them.

Oh, and a lifetime of 10 minutes and some lube.

And naked and smiling....

Lori really is a piece of work.

I asked a simple question in response to her blog post....

Something along the lines of "Lori, I believe you worked with your first child. Do they exhibit and of the symptoms outlined above?"

Of course it was deleted. Who does this batshit woman think she is telling other women that working will cause their children to not know how to love and then not acknowledge that her own children may exhibit that (by her own logic) since she herself worked.

The hypocrisy is astounding. I truly don't understand the uber-religious and how their brains function. :angry-banghead:

Lori really is a piece of work.

I asked a simple question in response to her blog post....

Something along the lines of "Lori, I believe you worked with your first child. Do they exhibit and of the symptoms outlined above?"

Of course it was deleted. Who does this batshit woman think she is telling other women that working will cause their children to not know how to love and then not acknowledge that her own children may exhibit that (by her own logic) since she herself worked.

The hypocrisy is astounding. I truly don't understand the uber-religious and how their brains function. :angry-banghead:

They don't have a functioning brain.

(Uber) religious infantilises people, especially the women.

Up until WW2, mothers were consistently with their babies and children no matter how poor they were

Where does that come from?

It has been determined that children who don't have the benefit of a single, sustained contact with a loving mother-figure for at least the first 3 years of their lives, will manifest a diminished capacity to love others, impaired intellectual powers, and an inability to control their impulses, particularly in the area of aggression.

And this?

She reads something, she likes it, so it is the truth.

But there is never any original thought or idea of her own, ever. Well except the new upholstery of her couches, that's about her level of thinking.

Where does that come from?

Um, I guess the really poor ones were working side by side with their mothers in the sweat shops, or out in the fields until those pesky child labor laws came into existence.

But her statement comes from that fantasy-land in which fundies exist, where every mother was June fucking Cleaver, keeping the beautiful home with a pretty smile on her face, before feminism ruined the world. Everything was perfect and clean, every man made a nice living to support his happy family, and tragedy never struck a soul. There were no abortions, or spousal abuse, or children starving in the streets. Nope, everything was a-ok until those uppity women burned their bras and became man-hating shrews.

Up until WW2, mothers were consistently with their babies and children no matter how poor they were

I wrote a comment pointing out that this was clearly not accurate and suggesting that a more useful conversation would be about how best to support mothers who must work. Somehow it got lost.....

Edited to add that I mentioned that both my grandmothers worked while their children were young, well before WWII.

I wrote a comment pointing out that this was clearly not accurate and suggesting that a more useful conversation would be about how best to support mothers who must work. Somehow it got lost.....

Edited to add that I mentioned that both my grandmothers worked while their children were young, well before WWII.

Facts don't matter, remember. Lori wants to preach to the choir and doesn't have time for actual sustained thought and debate.

Um, I guess the really poor ones were working side by side with their mothers in the sweat shops, or out in the fields until those pesky child labor laws came into existence.

But her statement comes from that fantasy-land in which fundies exist, where every mother was June fucking Cleaver, keeping the beautiful home with a pretty smile on her face, before feminism ruined the world. Everything was perfect and clean, every man made a nice living to support his happy family, and tragedy never struck a soul. There were no abortions, or spousal abuse, or children starving in the streets. Nope, everything was a-ok until those uppity women burned their bras and became man-hating shrews.

I know, she is an idiot...

My gramma picked potatoes, made moonshine, and drove a lumber truck in WWII, when she wasn't busy working the farm. My mom was certainly not with her while she was in the fields, down at the still, or in the truck. She was being watched by family members. Heck, to hear my gramma talk, no one in that area at that time took care of their own kids, they shipped them around to other people in the family to raise.

The term "full time mother" always amuses me, as if working moms aren't moms while they're at work. Do they become "part time mothers"? What of at-home moms whose kids are all in school? Do they become part-time moms?

As if mothers ever really stop being mothers ...

Lori Alexander Who Is A Fucking Monster, please note Exhibit A:

Russell Baker's memoir "Growing Up" recounts his Depression-era childhood. His mother was a young widow with three children. They were destitute. She actually had to allow a pair of childless relatives to adopt her baby daughter because she could not afford to feed and clothe her.

Fuck you, Lori.

Yawn, same old "we're better than the others because we do XYZ".

1. Lori. If you were convinced that you were a good mother, you would not spend your time posting how anyone who did it differently from you is not.

2. If you had a satisfying sex life, you would not have to post how ten minutes and some Crisco is all you're entitled to.

3. If you were confident in your relationship with your husband, you would not need to "teach" younger women that putting up with shit under the guise of "sacrifice" is the way to go.

4. If you truly beloved in what you're selling on your blog, you wouldn't need to delete unfavorable responses.

Yawn, same old "we're better than the others because we do XYZ".

1. Lori. If you were convinced that you were a good mother, you would not spend your time posting how anyone who did it differently from you is not.

2. If you had a satisfying sex life, you would not have to post how ten minutes and some Crisco is all you're entitled to.

3. If you were confident in your relationship with your husband, you would not need to "teach" younger women that putting up with shit under the guise of "sacrifice" is the way to go.

4. If you truly beloved in what you're selling on your blog, you wouldn't need to delete unfavorable responses.

Such good points. I'd give Lori a little credit if she would at least address her own inconsistencies; like "I did work with my first child so I know how difficult it is, but....." or "I realize how fortunate I was to have a nanny...." But no; she doesn't want to give any other mother a break. She doesn't think any other mother who is facing hardship should have the options she had.

She reminds me of one of my relatives - she can quote the Bible backward and forward but has absolutely no joy in her life. Such a poor advertisement for her own faith.

If you don't stay at home with your kid, they won't be able to love. No really. She quoted a book that says this. I...just can't.

Oh and also, even part time work is ebil.

:angry-banghead:

Oh no, I am a stay at home mom, but I do work part-time from home... so can my kids love or not!? I'll go with probably not, as I am also a liberal and a feminist.

I don't know how those of you who do can stand to read her blog. I have long made it a point to read various views of things, but I usually try to find educated people using some kind of valid source in their discussion, not just some unsatisfied housewife who uses the bible as a club to dump guilt on others while trying to polish her turd of a marriage.

I can't / don't consistently read the blogs of people I'd never be friends with in real life. And being a stupid bitch is one sure way not to be on my friend list. So-- there goes Lori, SSM, and a few others we can name.

I don't know how those of you who do can stand to read her blog. I have long made it a point to read various views of things, but I usually try to find educated people using some kind of valid source in their discussion, not just some unsatisfied housewife who uses the bible as a club to dump guilt on others while trying to polish her turd of a marriage.

I can't / don't consistently read the blogs of people I'd never be friends with in real life. And being a stupid bitch is one sure way not to be on my friend list. So-- there goes Lori, SSM, and a few others we can name.

Hey, I can hate-read with the best of them, but I completely agree with you re Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster. Willfully stupid people make me stabby.

For instance, I was just on Amazon.com reading the reviews of the latest installment in a "cozy mystery" series I've been following, even though the books have been repetitious and dopey lately. (DON'T JUDGE ME.) The critical reviews have mostly been thoughtful and analytical. The positive reviews read as if they'd been written for a kindergartener. They praise the books for being "family oriented"--hey, there are murders, but NO CUSSING and NO SEX!

I read for two reasons: 1. I find it entertaining to see what BS she's going to come up with next. 2. I'm patiently waiting for when she goes totally off the deep end and even her leg-humpers dismiss her as crazy-pants.

I read for two reasons: 1. I find it entertaining to see what BS she's going to come up with next. 2. I'm patiently waiting for when she goes totally off the deep end and even her leg-humpers dismiss her as crazy-pants.

My plan is when she goes bat shit crazy, it will be reported here and I can read it hear first... so, thanks to all who monitor the crazy for those of us with weaker stomachs!

My plan is when she goes bat shit crazy, it will be reported here and I can read it hear first... so, thanks to all who monitor the crazy for those of us with weaker stomachs!

You're welcome

This. I think it's going to happen soon. She's letting fewer and fewer comments through, almost all by the same three or four readers. You just know she's getting a lot of flack from some of her latest posts. :lol:

Archived