IGNORED

Teri Maxwell is such a bitch

SPHASH

There I said it. Just read her latest Mom's Corner and she calls today's youth hopeless, that they don't know Jesus Christ, are on anti-depressants, and have no purpose. Talk about projection there Teri. You and your hubby are hopeless, don't know Jesus Christ as well as you think you do, should be on anti-depressants, and have no purpose in your miserable lives. OK rant over. Back to my glass of Blue Suede Shoes from Prairie Berry Winery.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wink-kitty: Eh, I get pretty bitchy without my daily can of Pepsi, too...

There I said it. Just read her latest Mom's Corner and she calls today's youth hopeless, that they don't know Jesus Christ, are on anti-depressants, and have no purpose. Talk about projection there Teri. You and your hubby are hopeless, don't know Jesus Christ as well as you think you do, should be on anti-depressants, and have no purpose in your miserable lives. OK rant over. Back to my glass of Blue Suede Shoes from Prairie Berry Winery.

How would she know anything about today's youth? When you separate yourself from society as they have, you kind of lose touch with what is really happening.

I mean, this is a grown ass adult woman with grown ass adult married children and grandchildren and she can't even have a Pepsi without asking permission.

Yeah, I'm going to be *really* worried about what she thinks about world events or anything for that matter.

Doesn't she have ceiling fans to clean or something?

This really makes me mad. Teri, lots of people are on anti-depressants for very good reasons. Being depressed does not mean that someone is "not trusting the lord enough." It means they have a chemical imbalance or other biological issue causing problems, and with a few exceptions involving the over-prescribing of meds, most people using them GENUINELY NEED THEM. Also, you are using the age-old argument of "what has happened with our youth? I fear for the future of humankind!"

Us youth are just fine. In fact, we are more accepting and open to people of all colors, creeds, and sexualities than any previous generation. My generation may have faults (just like any other), but overall, I could not be more proud of the changes that have been made thus far. I look forward to many more.

This really makes me mad. Teri, lots of people are on anti-depressants for very good reasons. Being depressed does not mean that someone is "not trusting the lord enough." It means they have a chemical imbalance or other biological issue causing problems, and with a few exceptions involving the over-prescribing of meds, most people using them GENUINELY NEED THEM. Also, you are using the age-old argument of "what has happened with our youth? I fear for the future of humankind!"

Us youth are just fine. In fact, we are more accepting and open to people of all colors, creeds, and sexualities than any previous generation. My generation may have faults (just like any other), but overall, I could not be more proud of the changes that have been made thus far. I look forward to many more.

Platon (or Socrate ?) did the same. but Teri is not Platon... :roll:

Pfft. I have three young adult men as kids, then a gap between them and an elementary aged daughter.

All of them (and all of their friends) are fun, bright, helpful and kind. The older friends call me mom too, and other than rooting through my refrigerator and eating all my food I haven't had a problem with any of them.

Although in the Maxwell house that WOULD be upsetting, I suppose.

I'm on an anti-depressant for neuropathy. It has nothing to do with depression. Now, I fully admit that I *was* depressed and had absolutely NO idea exactly how depressed I was. I knew I had some depression. Anyone with a chronic condition likely has some level of depression, but I really thought that mine was not that bad. I thought I had a "couple bad times a year" and the rest of the time I was ok.

hahahahahaha

While my pain dr. scripted me the med for the neuropathy (and I did kind of wonder for a split second if he was trying to pull a fast one, but he had never lied to me before and I was upfront with him about the possibility that maybe I should see a therapist...it was one of the "bad times of the year") the change in quality of life has been amazing.

Within 2 pills they had pretty much completely knocked out the nerve pain I was still having break through my other meds constantly, so for me I was essentially "pain free" for the first time in 15 years (I still have other pain, but I have high pain tolerance for some kinds of pain. nerve pain is not one of them, unfortunately). By the time I had been on it 2-3 weeks, I told people I felt "lighter" because that was the only way I had to describe how I felt.

I had no idea that I was always essentially barely keeping my head above water and the "bad times of the year" were when I finally went under. Now I'm almost always on the surface. Stuff that used to send me into a spiral, will upset me for a few hours or even minutes and then I'm fine again. I haven't had a major "bad time of year" type episode since I've been on it. I almost don't even remember what they are like. My friends all do though :( They tell me stuff once in a while that I don't even remember or remember vaguely and slightly differently.

Even if they didn't help my mood, you'd pry them from my cold, dead hands for the relief I get from the nerve pain when using them.

People should NOT be made to feel guilty about needing ANY type of medication. Teri would not be laying guilt on someone that needs blood pressure meds or heart meds or insulin (well maybe *she* would because probably with enough sacrifice and prayer you don't get sick or have health issues :roll: ) and meds for your BRAIN, arguably the most important and complex organ in your body is no different.

/soapbox

I remember reading on her blog about why she didn't send her kids to regular school and it was so disrespectful towards kids who are in school. Going to school is evil in the Maxwell home. There are drugs and low life's there :shock: I'm not surprised by this post. Teri is a fruitcake just like her husband. And didn't see have depressions? How rude of her.

I just see a huge ball of defensiveness. I think she knows, very deep down, how much easier her life would be if she'd stayed 'normal', let the kids do normal young adult things and taken those antidepressents.

I think she's convincing herself that the koolaid really is a better option than the Pepsi.

"Will I accept the challenge", Teri? If the challenge is to live just like you and yours, then I happily reject that challenge, as I have no interest in cutting myself and my children off from the rest of the world to live in some holier-than-thou bubble where we do nothing but pat ourselves on the back and point fingers at how BAAAAAD everyone else is. You know, like you just did in that corner.

My 13yo DAUGHTER has done more for and out in our community with her love of Christ as her motivation in the last six months than your "adult" sons have done in the last six years. Put that in your debt-free pipe and smoke it.

Still waiting for any evidence that your "ministry" benefits, lifts up or glorifies anyone except the Maxwell family. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting......... :angry-tappingfoot:

ETA: I think she threw in the jab about the antidepressants because she has always felt insanely jealous and deprived that she couldn't have any. IIRC she treated her depression with prayer and progesterone cream (I am not making that up).

And I just noticed I am now a vigorous leghumper - woot! :leg-humper:

I can't read Teri's name anymore without being reminded of Fred Armisen in Portlandia as the feminist book store owner. Kind of takes the sting out of anything she says :lol:

She is soo nuts!! I hate the way she talked about today's youth. What does she know about today's youth. They only kids she around most of the day r her kids & grand kids.

I just see a huge ball of defensiveness. I think she knows, very deep down, how much easier her life would be if she'd stayed 'normal', let the kids do normal young adult things and taken those antidepressents.

I think she's convincing herself that the koolaid really is a better option than the Pepsi.

I agree. I think she knows down deep that how she's living isn't normal, that her kid's lives aren't normal, and frankly, she's disappointed in her life. In fact, I always felt her depression was exacerbated by life in the cult of Steve.

How many youth, outside of her own brood, has Teri spent any amount of quality time with in the past 2 decades?

Sounds not only very uniformed, but also very judgmental. Think the sweet Lord Jesus had something to say about that.

That's the problem, in general, with most fundies. They need to elevate themselves above society. In their shallow little heads, they are "so much better" than the rest of us wicked people. :disgust:

She also needs to "scare" people into buying their shit.

Plus, I thought the Maxwells didn't read or listen to the news in any form. So how does Teri know what today's youth are up to or that schools are full of doped up sex addicts?

She's insane. She has the idea that the world should be exactly the way she made it for her own children, and because she doesn't watch the news, she has no idea what "today's youth" is. And watch yourself, Teri. Being judgmental isn't favorable in the eyes of Jesus.

Teri doesn't know shit about 'today's youth'. She lives in a bubble. But, it helps her feel better about her life and choices if she can vilify those she knows nothing about.

Their r soo many of these post that I agree w/!! I really wish someone would give her a wake up call about today's youth!!

Let's face it. Thorough history in the eyes of the current generation, the next generation has been going to downhill since Cain and Able entered the world.

Where...? Where is she seeing all this? Yeah I know some hard headed and selfish ass kids...but they are NOT all kids. Why must she clump everyone together? Has anyone commented on their blog? I'm VERY curious to see what the Max leghumpers have to say. Someone needs to get a Teri a Pepsi TODAY! Guess this means no Disney World for the grand kids :penguin-no:

Where...? Where is she seeing all this? Yeah I know some hard headed and selfish ass kids...but they are NOT all kids. Why must she clump everyone together? Has anyone commented on their blog? I'm VERY curious to see what the Max leghumpers have to say. Someone needs to get a Teri a Pepsi TODAY! Guess this means [/b]no Disney World for the grand kids :penguin-no:

Not a chance. The Maxwells only go to that drive-through zoo, and even then, only in cool weather so they don't have to see immodestly dressed people.

I'm surprised they don't request the zoo to put pants on the animals.

I can't read Teri's name anymore without being reminded of Fred Armisen in Portlandia as the feminist book store owner. Kind of takes the sting out of anything she says :lol:

post-354-14451998740964_thumb.jpg

I hope the pic size is ok, but yeah...

Not a chance. The Maxwells only go to that drive-through zoo, and even then, only in cool weather so they don't have to see immodestly dressed people.

I'm surprised they don't request the zoo to put pants on the animals.

Pants for the males, frumpers for the females.

Kids!

I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!

Kids!

Who can understand anything they say?

Kids!

They a disobedient, disrespectful oafs!

Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers!

While we're on the subject:

Kids!

You can talk and talk till your face is blue!

Kids!

But they still just do what they want to do!

Why can't they be like we were,

Perfect in every way?

What's the matter with kids today?

Kids!

I've tried to raise him the best I could

Kids! Kids!

Laughing, singing, dancing, grinning, morons!

And while we're on the subject!

Kids! They are just impossible to control!

Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!

Why can't they dance like we did

What's wrong with Sammy Kay?

What's the matter with kids today!

*Kids from Bye, Bye Birdie

Archived