IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

:ew: I've worked in kitchens, and at least in some places it's actually a law that you need to have your hair back and sometimes even in a hairnet.

Yes it's necessary in commercial environments. But, their house is a private environment when they're cooking in their OWN kitchen.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michelle told me she was seeing a speech therapist, an audiologist, and an ENT all at Children's. I think she also mentioned occupational therapy.

I don't know if its true though!

Then when Mullet and Jana took Josie back to Little Rock to see Dr. A, why did Mullet say that Josie hadn't been there "in two years?" (this was about a year ago now)

IOW, one (or both) of the comments she made are not true.

Then when Mullet and Jana took Josie back to Little Rock to see Dr. A, why did Mullet say that Josie hadn't been there "in two years?" (this was about a year ago now)

IOW, one (or both) of the comments she made are not true.

Don't recall the episode but I would think that if she is receiving services it's more likely that the specific practitioners aren't located AT the hospital. I know from what I have experienced, specialized services like speech therapy operate out of satellite facilities that are often ( but not always ) affiliated with a hospital. Larger medical groups affiliated with hospitals also have many locations, so I might say I'm taking my kid to see Dr. X who is with Generic Conglomorate Physicians and Hospital Group. But I could mean he is located at the main hospital, or 40 miles away. Don't know how available services are, or how they are set up where they live though.

In my area this applies especially to Kaiser and Sutter facilities, but also Stanford has physicians operating out of offices other than those at the hospital.

Mrs. S, I know where you live. My husband works for Sutter and I understand how those particular facilities (Kaiser and Stanford as well) work. However, I remember Sarah Pope saying she had to take Samuel to ACH for his therapies. It sounds like it's one big facility; to me, that means the same place. Even if they're not in the NICU, theyre still at Children's.

Yes, it's semantics, and I think Mullet may be playing hard and fast with them to get away with saying what she did. The episode aired on TLC during the day about 10 days or so ago; it was part of the previous "season" they showed before recycling all of the trip specials and the 5 year revue of Smuganna.

Oh my. Quite the story. I hope the in-laws weren't like Jim Bob about it.

Nope, they weren't at all. In fact, I think my father-in-law likes shorter hair on women. He's never seemed to mind it on my mother-in-law.

Mrs. S, I know where you live. My husband works for Sutter and I understand how those particular facilities (Kaiser and Stanford as well) work. However, I remember Sarah Pope saying she had to take Samuel to ACH for his therapies. It sounds like it's one big facility; to me, that means the same place. Even if they're not in the NICU, theyre still at Children's.

Yes, it's semantics, and I think Mullet may be playing hard and fast with them to get away with saying what she did. The episode aired on TLC during the day about 10 days or so ago; it was part of the previous "season" they showed before recycling all of the trip specials and the 5 year revue of Smuganna.

Yeah, like I said, I don't know their area or it's systems at all. Wow, that must be rough for people to have to go all the way to Children's for help :shock: . Isn't it a few hours from where they live? Yikes.

My son has various therapies he goes through because of his cancer treatment, and I've always thought that we are very fortunate we only live 30 minutes away from the hospital. I've met people who travel across 1-2 states to get therapy for their child, and sometimes that's every week. Work and resources usually don't allow it, but every time I meet a new family that has to make the long trip to the cancer center, I find myself hoping they can find housing in the area. It's hard enough to go through that as a family without having to worry about the long drive and where you will stay.

Physical therapy is in the same network of doctors, but we are allowed to get it at a sports medicine facility that is only 10 minutes away, which is even more convenient.

About Josie, I've always kind of stayed away from speculating too much on if she needs therapy and how often because I really wouldn't know how to gauge her needs or development. Personally, I'm thinking that she probably does get some kind of therapy services (but maybe not consistently) or at the very least, periodic evaluations. I know there were times she was left at home with the oldest Duggar kids while the dog and pony show was on the road, maybe due to illness or because she had to be at a certain therapies/evaluations. I'm guessing that since the family travels so much, Josie's appointments are probably cancelled if she's with them (Duggar time issue), but that she probably has to show up at some point because her struggles have been in the public eye for so long and Josie's doctors will hold JB and M accountable if she doesn't get treatment.

Why SHOULD they show Josie's therapy? They're not obligated to show ANYTHING. They CHOOSE to show a lot of things they shouldn't, but of Josie is getting therapy, it is a good thing that they are respecting her privacy on that, even if they don't on anything else.

Also, cameras might not be allowed at therapy. I know If I was a child therapist i certainly would NOT allow a media circus into the therapy center.

Michelle told me she was seeing a speech therapist, an audiologist, and an ENT all at Children's. I think she also mentioned occupational therapy.

I don't know if its true though!

Did she say AT Children's or THRU/WITH Children's? There is a clinic locally that is part of the ACH system. I know several different people who get OT, PT and Speech Therapies locally, so it's unlikely that Josie would need to go all the way to Little Rock to get hers.

Yeah, like I said, I don't know their area or it's systems at all. Wow, that must be rough for people to have to go all the way to Children's for help :shock: . Isn't it a few hours from where they live? Yikes.

There is a speech pathologist clinic associated with ACH about 15 minutes (give or take) from where the Duggars live. archildrens.org/Services/Speech-Pathology-Services.aspx

edited to break the link. I didnt do it right.

Sarah Pope wasn't driving Samuel all the way to Little Rock for his therapy. It's far too long a trip. She would say things like the morning or afternoon was taken up by two appointments. Two appointments and the drive to and from Little Rock would have taken the entire day. The therapy is arranged through ACH in Little Rock. That's where the doctor's who can certify the need are located.

Sarah Pope wasn't driving Samuel all the way to Little Rock for his therapy. It's far too long a trip. She would say things like the morning or afternoon was taken up by two appointments. Two appointments and the drive to and from Little Rock would have taken the entire day. The therapy is arranged through ACH in Little Rock. That's where the doctor's who can certify the need are located.

Not the same state, but I used to be making weekly trips to the children's hospital for my daughter's medical issues. It took up about 5 hours of my day, but it's where the people who specialized in her issues are located. We still make the drive monthly! I live in a major metropolitan area too, just not the right one for her doctors.

I found another link yesterday that worked and is of better quality than youtube, if that helps some of you who are outside of the US like me. http://www.tubeplus.me/player/2140085/1 ... _Says_Yes/

Thanks for posting this!

I cracked up at Johannah and Jackson talking about how good Ben smells, and Jackson being so genuinely concerned about Josie's hair looking like a complete mess after Jim Bob literally smooshed it down to one side. "Her hair's supposed to be curly!" "Jenny, does that look good? Grandma, do you know how to do Josie's hair curly?"

Did she say AT Children's or THRU/WITH Children's? There is a clinic locally that is part of the ACH system. I know several different people who get OT, PT and Speech Therapies locally, so it's unlikely that Josie would need to go all the way to Little Rock to get hers.

Honestly, I don't remember. Currently, my daughter has to see the same people, and that requires us having to drive TO Children's and back. I don't remember how she phrased it. Of course, I'm only an hour away from Little Rock vs. However far they live.

I wasn't aware ACH had clinics outside the hospital.

Oh, I am sorry about that! It worked fine for me, no problems at all. I just clicked play on the video below.

For me it worked fine to!

Don't know how it works in other states, but in my state my two preemies got all their therapies (speech, physical, occupational) in our house. The therapists would come to us, every time. I never once took them anyplace for a Birth to 3 related therapy or evaluation.

Can we really believe anything that comes from J'Chelle's mouth? She probably says that Josie is getting therapy because she knows that's what we want to hear.

I posted about this earlier but my post went missing. There's a ACH Speech Pathology clinic 15 minutes (give or take) from the Duggars. She wouldn't have to drive to Little Rock to see an affiliated doctor. I have no doubt Josie goes to one. To put as much money into a child as you do when you have them in the NICU and not continue the treatments afterwards when you're financially capable of doing so wouldn't make sense.

I have no doubt that Michelle and JB are doing therapy for Josie. And, if she was saying it to appease people, wouldn't she be showing it on the show? I think they would rather people NOT know that Josie's not 100% perfect, so they would participate in early interventions and not broadcast it on the show.

I think I did see your post. I wasn't aware there were ACH clinics outside the hospital. I thought it was all right there in Little Rock. I have to drive an hour there and back when my kid has appointments, so I didn't think anything of anyone else having to drive that far or further. I guess there's not a clinic closer to me, or maybe because we are still in preliminary stages of finding out what's wrong and how to fix it, we are just going to Little Rock.

It can be an all day ordeal though. Glad the Duggars have a closer clinic.

I posted about this earlier but my post went missing. There's a ACH Speech Pathology clinic 15 minutes (give or take) from the Duggars. She wouldn't have to drive to Little Rock to see an affiliated doctor. I have no doubt Josie goes to one. To put as much money into a child as you do when you have them in the NICU and not continue the treatments afterwards when you're financially capable of doing so wouldn't make sense.

I have no doubt that Michelle and JB are doing therapy for Josie. And, if she was saying it to appease people, wouldn't she be showing it on the show? I think they would rather people NOT know that Josie's not 100% perfect, so they would participate in early interventions and not broadcast it on the show.

I agree. I think that if they showed (and discussed) Josie's treatments, it might raise the (valid, IMO) questions about the decisions and actions on their part regarding her birth, and even open to questioning the whole topic of ongoing trying for pregnancies all the way up to menopause. I think they won't permit that -- they need that decision to be above scrutiny -- it's their whole MO and reason for being on TV and in the news in the first place.

I think I did see your post. I wasn't aware there were ACH clinics outside the hospital. I thought it was all right there in Little Rock. I have to drive an hour there and back when my kid has appointments, so I didn't think anything of anyone else having to drive that far or further. I guess there's not a clinic closer to me, or maybe because we are still in preliminary stages of finding out what's wrong and how to fix it, we are just going to Little Rock.

It can be an all day ordeal though. Glad the Duggars have a closer clinic.

The one near them is the only one that is locate outside the main hospital according to the hospitals website.

I'm late with this. Just watched my DVR of the show this morning.

I liked Ben better than I thought I would based on his FB rants. Interesting that he says he is sentitive and shy and Jessa is more direct and bold. DQ said this was the first girl to court ... find that odd, why didn't she say her first daughter to court? Its like she doesn't see them as daughters. When Ben, Boob and DQ first went into that closet thingy, DQ wouldn't stop looking at Boob. Was she wanting to capture his reaction or what? She hardly even looked at Ben. And then after Ben said what he was there for and DQ starts talking, Boob just interrupts her and says, "Let's ask Jessa!" Wow, novel idea Boob.

Oh, and what the heck was up with Ben and that styrofoam cup? Maybe that was his way to show the Duggars that he will fit in? It looked like he didn't know what to do with it, but since he can't hold Jessa's hand or really hug her, it really wasn't in the way. LOL!

I bet it is fun for the younger kids to watch their older siblings court. But then I think about when Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie court ... who will even care?

I enjoyed seeing the scene where the older girls were with Jessa as she packed for her trip. It was a sweet moment. I liked how she tried things on for them and got their opinion.

Did DQ even thank John for flying them? And then sitting between Ben and Jessa, she looked ridiculous. Hope she felt that way.

LOL at DQ watching the Seewald's younger kids. I bet the oldest girls really watched them and DQ went to bed.

After watching Ben's parents during their TH and at that dinner, I have come to the conclusion that they pushed Ben to meet a Duggar. They probably meant for him to meet JInger or Joy. They drove all that way to attend the Duggar church several times, probably so that he could get around the Duggar girls and the two older Seewald girls could eye some Duggar boys. Ben's the oldest in his family, so the parentals are going to have high expectations for him. And he certaily came through ... landing a beautiful Duggar young lady and getting them all on TV! But really, a double date with your parents? Umm, I don't think so. I think that is called a free meal.

Loved it when the cameraman said he would not be their chaperone.

After viewing this, I think Jessa and Ben really do love each other and find each other appealing. But I think Jessa is socially awkward and that Ben is just too young. But they are perfect products of their up-bringing, which means if they marry, they will probably be fine.

I don't see a problem with her saying "girl" instead of "daughter." I know many parents who use the terms interchangeably and have great relationships with their children.

Meh, I start drinking (usually booze, but also water if Boooze isn't available) when I get upset or nervous in a situation. Partly out of habit and partly to keep me from actually talking.

Archived