IGNORED

Lori Alexander:Being treated poorly not grounds for divorce

My husband jokes that my parents' house is "upside-down." It had carpet in the kitchen and wood floors in my old bedroom. Now my parents replaced the kitchen carpet with tile, and it goes down the stairs into a sub-floor family room. Tile + my tendency to bounce down stairs = PAIN.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate my vinyl floors, would love to replace them with tile. First things first though. We need a new roof, followed by replacing all the carpets and the then the vinyl floors. I'm probably going to need a new washer/dryer and fridge before the tile though.

I hate my vinyl floors, would love to replace them with tile. First things first though. We need a new roof, followed by replacing all the carpets and the then the vinyl floors. I'm probably going to need a new washer/dryer and fridge before the tile though.

If you are going to replace, consider terracotta! Terracotta saves heat and in combination with floor - heating, it´s very cost - efficient. We have it in the entrance hallway and as we are a family of die hard barefoot-walkers, it´s almost life-saving in cold periods. :D

If you are going to replace, consider terracotta! Terracotta saves heat and in combination with floor - heating, it´s very cost - efficient. We have it in the entrance hallway and as we are a family of die hard barefoot-walkers, it´s almost life-saving in cold periods. :D

Thanks! It's a few years down the road, but I'll keep it in mind. We will keep the carpet in the majority of the house, simply because of our pets. We have large dogs, and they don't do well on non-carpeted surfaces when they get older. I'm on geriatric dog #2, who slips and slides all over the tile at the vets office, on the vinyl areas, and on the hardwood at MIL's house

Is it sealed- how do you clean it? We are also barefoot people and I want to replace my 28 tr old linoleum in the kitchen. Also want to replace 28 yr old kitchen

Is it sealed- how do you clean it? We are also barefoot people and I want to replace my 28 tr old linoleum in the kitchen. Also want to replace 28 yr old kitchen

It´s sealed extra, yes. The "Midgard-man" (where we bought them) did a extra glacing when we got them, so it´s sealed against things like juice-spilling, creativity phases of the average toddler and occasionally puking pets :D. Works wonderful by the way, we adore the tiles. (Rest of the house is wooden floor, except the bath-/restrooms).

Cleaning is very simple: I just use soft soap/gall soap. Works like a charm! However, I do use a terracotta wax and a procuct to keep the "shiny" from time to time (every 2-3 months)

Here are some nice examples (Boden = floor/Küche = kitchen)

Archived