IGNORED

Lawmaker says that if abortion is legal, so should rape

Cleopatra7

This wasn't an isolated incident. He's had a long history of extreme statements.

There's no sign that he "regrets" anything other than having his past statements quoted against him now. Is he saying, "I realize that I was totally wrong about how AIDS is transmitted and am deeply sorry that I spread fear and hatred toward people with the disease"? Is he saying, "I now realize the importance of women have the right to control their own bodies"? Didn't think so.

Yes, buttsex is a crime against humanity. I am split among :roll: and :angry-banghead: and :cray-cray: and :lol: . How do people not hear how ridiculous they sound when they say shit like this?

If a woman has [the right to abortion], why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t [in most cases] result in anyone’s death.

This makes my brain hurt. The only way this makes sense is if the lawmaker really hates women and equates rape with sexual freedom. The second sentence means that he sees the rape as less harmful than the victim aborting a mass of cells that doesn't have a brain yet.

What is up with the far right's obsession with making stupid comments about rape? Are they trying to make all women hate them?

This makes my brain hurt. The only way this makes sense is if the lawmaker really hates women and equates rape with sexual freedom. The second sentence means that he sees the rape as less harmful than the victim aborting a mass of cells that doesn't have a brain yet.

What is up with the far right's obsession with making stupid comments about rape? Are they trying to make all women hate them?

It's the result of only hanging around people who agree with them. You say something outlandish, everyone agrees, no-one calls you on it and you start thinking everyone thinks that way. I think they are genuinely shocked that not all of America thinks like them.

It's the result of only hanging around people who agree with them. You say something outlandish, everyone agrees, no-one calls you on it and you start thinking everyone thinks that way. I think they are genuinely shocked that not all of America thinks like them.

we see this with the duggers all the time the horrible music they play the bad things they do and everyone thanks them for the same tired speech over and over.

Unfortunately it isn't working.

I can't booze as much as I want to vomit right now. As per usual, I'll be under my desk, looking at baby animal pictures. If you want to join me, bring your own pictures- I'll share my wine. :cry: :angry-banghead:

Let's see here. Rape is an act of violating a person's body against their will. Abortion is a medical procedure that one consents to. Nope, gonna have to say not the same.

Scarily, I think I know what he is trying to say. Rape violates a person the same way abortion violates a person (aka fetus)? Umm....well almost all abortions are performed in the first trimester when the fetus in question has no feelings, awareness, thoughts or independence (maybe he views that as unable to consent?). Even later in the pregnancy that still applies. Gah, it's scary that I can sort of kind of get what he is trying to say. This is some people view abortion as a right because it gives women control over their bodies, which is the opposite of what happens during rape.

Archived