IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

Poor Josiah. I looked at facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray/269181913180625 and saw he's at ALERT.

How long does ALERT camp last? It seems like he's been there forever.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find that trip to Nepal that Jim Bob and Jill (?) took in the fall to be such an oddity-- its never been mentioned anywhere that we know of, except on the blog of another midwife who happened to be there as well.

I need followup on that!!

So it's worthy of a tv show (or shows) that Michele is finally spending one on one time with each of her children. Unfing believable.

Sounds like a classic "F U internets" to me.

I'm doing a how much can I post? Pickles and Hairspray has a post up supposedly from a friend of friends of the Duggars about some of the ins and outs with their adult children and ATI. So far it's fairly interesting.

This is the link: facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray/269181913180625

So I have a pretty good idea of who this family is, but I'm not sure if I should voice my suspicious. What do you guys think?

Josiah is at ALERT until March 21. Skylar Weiss is there too. And for some odd reason that I won't begrudge, ALERT has incredibly boring blog updates with this batch of recruits. alertacademy.com/alert/blog/category/training/

Poor Josiah. I looked at facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray/269181913180625 and saw he's at ALERT.

I thought you had to be 18 to go to ALERT. Unless Boob is trying to break Josiah.

Why are they walking thirty miles in twelve hours? Are they getting enough to drink? Are they resting enough? What happens if one of them gets hurt or has a condition that prevents them from taking the whole hike? Is there anything like thus in the real Army?

Army soldiers in the U.S. have to pass a physical exam and then endure physical training. This is per my uncle who is a Vietnam and Desert Storm Vet.

More about the upcoming season:

(Los Angeles, Ca.) - Life can get busy with a brood of 19, but the Duggars always make sure to celebrate the special moments in their supersized family. And there's plenty to celebrate in the eighth season of TLC's 19 KIDS & COUNTING. In the premiere episode, the Duggars make an exciting announcement - Jessa and Ben are courting! Dating with the intent of marriage, Jessa and Ben refrain from kissing or holding hands and always have a chaperone on dates, phone calls and even text messages. Now that their courtship is official, the Duggar boys put Ben to the test, making sure he's ready to take care of their sister. Later, the tables are turned when Jessa visits Ben's hometown and gets hit with some serious questions during a double date with Ben's parents. And the whole family reflects on what it means that a Duggar daughter may soon be leaving the nest.

thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/02/18/duggar-family-shares-secrets-of-courting-in-new-season-of-19-kids-and-counting-325410/20140218tlc01/?utm_source=web&utm_medium=twitter

I thought you had to be 18 to go to ALERT. Unless Boob is trying to break Josiah.

It wouldn't surprise me that Dim Bulb and J'Uterus are using ALERT to break Josiah.

Wait a minute. I thought the Duggars were ok with hand holding during courtship. I still can't get the images of Josh and Anna's handsex out of my brain.

Josh and Anna held hands only after they were engaged. I'm not sure if the Duggars have a general rule about it... the Bates kids all seem to just decide for themselves.

thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/02/18/duggar-family-shares-secrets-of-courting-in-new-season-of-19-kids-and-counting-325410/20140218tlc01/?utm_source=web&utm_medium=twitter

So it sounds like Ben's parents are buying into the TV show and fundie celebdom.

So I have a pretty good idea of who this family is, but I'm not sure if I should voice my suspicious. What do you guys think?

Wow! How long has this page been around? I saw a lot of interesting photos and comments. When did Joseph get so buff? Dang, no weight problem with him. Bet he has his eye on one of those Roberts girls. He better watch out because they dance a little :dance:

ALERT is 9 weeks. He's about 4-5 weeks in, IIRC. That's over 6 10 day JTTH indoctrinations...with no rest in between. Talk about exhausting to indoctrinate. Total cult tactics in play with this ALERT garbage.

Why are they walking thirty miles in twelve hours? Are they getting enough to drink? Are they resting enough? What happens if one of them gets hurt or has a condition that prevents them from taking the whole hike? Is there anything like thus in the real Army?

The whole point is probably that they're not resting and drinking enough, like Steve controls the portions his family eats. It's harder to be rebellious when you're tired and thirsty.

I really hope it's not Jinger courting next but Jana. Jana seems so unhappy, she needs a to make a life for herself. I cannot imagine still being stuck at home taking care of my siblings at the age of 24. I'm 21 and I left home more than 2 years ago...

Jinger on the other hand, does not seem particularly interested in children, which would be sure to follow right after mariage given their views on birth control. Also I get the feeling most fundie men would not provide her with the lifestyle she aspires to.

I really hope it's not Jinger courting next but Jana. Jana seems so unhappy, she needs a to make a life for herself. I cannot imagine still being stuck at home taking care of my siblings at the age of 24. I'm 21 and I left home more than 2 years ago...

Jinger on the other hand, does not seem particularly interested in children, which would be sure to follow right after mariage given their views on birth control. Also I get the feeling most fundie men would not provide her with the lifestyle she aspires to.

Jana s always come across as introverted to me. I don't think she is as miserable as she looks, but I do think she'd be happier in a quieter setting. She has also received the most severe upbringing, being the eldest daughter.

I wonder if she's stalling marriage because she doesn't want a large brood. And yes, while being a sister mom is likely annoying. There are no more babies to care for, and as her siblings age she has less responsibility. (I don't think michelle and jimbob are intentially holding their kids back from marriage so they can have slaves at home. Courtships are good for ratings. Plus the competitive side of the duggars tell me, they are going to turn into a competition over grandbabies with the bates.)

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Duggar boys to put Ben to the test before the courtship is official? Wait...making sense...never mind.

It wouldn't surprise me that Dim Bulb and J'Uterus are using ALERT to break Josiah.

Can someone with actually knowledge about ALERT fill me in on what goes on? As an outsider it just looks like a bunch of kids playing soldiers. How does it BREAK someone's will?

Since every Duggar boy has gone to ALERT I question whether it is more of a right of passage and something they want to do as opposed to Mom and Dad using it to break a child.

Josh and Anna held hands only after they were engaged. I'm not sure if the Duggars have a general rule about it... the Bates kids all seem to just decide for themselves.

And only after he asked Michelle and Boob if they could hold hands. Which seemed odd to me - shouldn't he ask Anna's parents, not his own?

And only after he asked Michelle and Boob if they could hold hands. Which seemed odd to me - shouldn't he ask Anna's parents, not his own?

It was probably just for TV.....:

Archived