IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

I agree with you about Jessa's behavior but don't think that Jim Bob and Michelle are consciously deciding who's worth more "at home." I also don't think Jill particularly likes the sister wife gig. It seems to me that she's been making herself less and less available for family functions now that she's got her midwife gig. She may like babies, but I think she likes being treated as an adult (and she would be, for a professional job, no matter how casual) more.

One day, I think Jill might go for that RN degree. I think she likes having some autonomy in her life.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine the level of freedom Jill must feel at this point - adults relying on her for the safe prenatal care and delivery of their precious babies. People are relying on her experience, expertise and problem solving skills for guiding pregnant women and their families through childbirth. Feeling needed in such a way - in other words, doing something that "not just anyone can step into and do" - must feel so rewarding and amazing and confidence-building. Sure, she's still training, and a lot of clients might go the midwife route for financial or "modesty" reasons, but it's a skilled service, and she's becoming an authority figure on such service.

Jill has somehow created the opportunity to arrive at this wonderful place where you're contributing to the world, and developing self-sufficiency on every level. That is my wish for all of the kids in similar situations as the Duggars - those with no real education, no critical thinking skills, and no chance for learning or growing outside of the business brand family - may find their place in this world where they will find where they are needed, where people rely on them for something "that not just anyone can do", etc.

After leaving the workforce due to my health, I struggled for a long, long time with losing the feeling of being needed that I had at work. I have recently found it again, and it's such an amazing feeling!

Yeah, I don't really even see how she counts as a SAHD at this point. She seems more like many young adults in their early/ mid- twenties...living at home while starting their career. She's not out partying or hooking up, but many other young adults don't do those things for a variety of reasons, so if someone didn't know about her family her lifestyle would seem very mainstream. Especially now that they don't wear frumpers !

If she gets to stay home from all these outings, because she has to work, imagine all the personal freedom she's enjoying as well. She can decide what _she_ wants to eat. She can go to Walmart by herself. She can sneak off to a movie, or write a letter... the little bit of "work" freedom that she's bought herself by being so godly has gotten her a world of slack in the rest of her life. If she *was* the one drinking the most koolaid at first, I wouldn't bet on it continuing if she's gotten even a taste of making decisions as a grown up.

This. Plus, I also think that this time to herself might allow her the opportunity to reflect and decide whether she actually wants to continue drinking the koolaid or not. Regardless of the outcome, at least it would be her choice, based on her own thoughts and reflection.

If it turned out in boob/mullet's favour, do you think that they would allow more of their children to venture a bit more on their own in the future?

I don't think Jill is the primary Kool-Aid drinker, my money is on her as an escapee. Maybe not in a big dramatic-break-with-the-fold way, but in a quiet, steady way where she gradually makes a life for herself. She is the only one of the older girls who seems to have a drive to learn and do something a bit different - learning Spanish, learning the midwifery stuff, wanting to go and be a missionary in Latin America... Yes, those things are all within the realm of biblical womanhood blah blah, but given how she's been raised, those demonstrate independent thought and drive.

This! Jill loves what she does. One aspect of her job as a midwife is that she's around "normal" families, and has probably gradually realized that they aren't the evil heathens she was led to believe. She also has real job skills, and could probably find a job in a hospital as a nurses aid or continue on as a lay midwife.

I think the younger kids should give the older ones cards on Mothers Day and Father's Day.

Don't forget Grandma the Laundry lady.

This. Plus, I also think that this time to herself might allow her the opportunity to reflect and decide whether she actually wants to continue drinking the koolaid or not. Regardless of the outcome, at least it would be her choice, based on her own thoughts and reflection.

If it turned out in boob/mullet's favour, do you think that they would allow more of their children to venture a bit more on their own in the future?

Maybe. I'm coming to think of Jill as kind of a lynch pin. If she stays, then the whole family will stay, for perhaps 10 years or more (with various kids getting married off). If *she* leaves home, either quietly or dramatically, then I think all the older kids will as well. Definitely John David, Jinger, Josiah, Joseph, Joy, but maybe not Jana, within the next 2 years or so. I think that Jim Bob and Michelle will double down on the younger kids, but if even godly Jill wants out, the implosion will be far more dramatic and complete. There's no way that they will get the younger kids back under control if the older ones leave the house. Once they realize their "mistake" in allowing a little bit of freedom, it will be far too late.

Don't forget Grandma the Laundry lady.

The way JB treats his mother is unconscionable! :evil: Grandmother's don't need to be accountable or under anybody's authority. Where I come from THEY are the authority. They are family matriarchs who should be respected and not treated like free labor and bossed around by their sons. :evil:

The way JB treats his mother is unconscionable! :evil: Grandmother's don't need to be accountable or under anybody's authority. Where I come from THEY are the authority. They are family matriarchs who should be respected and not treated like free labor and bossed around by their sons. :evil:

I would be so ashamed to treat my grandma like this, if Mary wants to help a little bit with the laundry to be useful around the house, fine. But you can't tell me it was her decision to do the entire laundry for 18 healthy grandchildren plus her dumb son and his wife (except for help from Joy).

I do wonder what will happen once the youngest of them are grown... will they all stuff into those dorms and live out their lives?

I wonder if any of the others are in courtships but the potential in-laws won't approve the publicity that filming would bring? John David and Jana are the ones I'm thinking of mostly. There have been rumors that John moved out, etc., he did that work to get a house--perhaps as a rental to build his savings FOR marriage--who knows. He did his pilot training. That seems most likely to lead to a missionary job for him, given the restrictions they face. And, missionaries are almost always married..... Since Josh is truly off on his own now (ok, with cameras in tow) then will Jessa be in the "rent house" for contrast with the older couples (J/M, J/A)? Hmmmmmmm

I'm doing a how much can I post? Pickles and Hairspray has a post up supposedly from a friend of friends of the Duggars about some of the ins and outs with their adult children and ATI. So far it's fairly interesting.

This is the link: facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray/269181913180625

It's so obvious that Anna is training Mack to be a slave like her aunts. How come she never talked about how Michael could help with the new baby? We get it, Anna! You're going to force Mack to raise her siblings, just like Smugger and your parents probably did for your sisters. It wasn't her choice. It's your choice not to use BC, and have a litter of kids. Don't make Mack raise them.

J'Chelle: Are you too stupid to see how much your older girls resent you, for making them raise their siblings? Your youngest kids have no idea who you are. You're an incubator. Mother is an earned title.

It's so obvious that Anna is training Mack to be a slave like her aunts. How come she never talked about how Michael could help with the new baby? We get it, Anna! You're going to force Mack to raise her siblings, just like Smugger and your parents probably did for your sisters. It wasn't her choice. It's your choice not to use BC, and have a litter of kids. Don't make Mack raise them.

J'Chelle: Are you too stupid to see how much your older girls resent you, for making them raise their siblings? Your youngest kids have no idea who you are. You're an incubator. Mother is an earned title.

I haven't really picked up on this with Anna/Mack. I don't agree with their lifestyle choices, but it appears to me that she loves her kids(I dont get nearly as strong a vibe with jchelle). I know there is debate as to whether or not Anna uses the pearl methods to discipline, and I'm of the camp that believes she doesn't.

I definitely see the sexism, and the expectation that Mack will learn to cook/clean so she can be a good wife, but that's hardly fundie. I was raised in a very traditional patriarchal house where the girls did the housework and my brother the yardwork, but I certainly didn't raise my younger siblings. Just because Anna is encouraging sexism diesnt mean she's grooming her daughter to be a sistermom.

Umm...probably because Michael is still pretty much a baby himself? I think it's a little premature to assume Anna will turn Mack into a slave. Most kids Mack's age will want to help in little ways with a new baby. Most toddlers like Michael aren't going to be ready to do that.

I do wonder what will happen once the youngest of them are grown... will they all stuff into those dorms and live out their lives?

They could host conferences for Billy G! Just imagine ... JTTH hosted by the Duggars, Alert hosted by the Duggars, ...

I wonder if any of the others are in courtships but the potential in-laws won't approve the publicity that filming would bring? John David and Jana are the ones I'm thinking of mostly. There have been rumors that John moved out, etc., he did that work to get a house--perhaps as a rental to build his savings FOR marriage--who knows. He did his pilot training. That seems most likely to lead to a missionary job for him, given the restrictions they face. And, missionaries are almost always married..... Since Josh is truly off on his own now (ok, with cameras in tow) then will Jessa be in the "rent house" for contrast with the older couples (J/M, J/A)? Hmmmmmmm

I hope Ben takes her back to his hometown, but that might have been a prerequisite for courtship - Ben marries into the Duggars and bows to Boob.

Watching a rerun of the 21 right now and it's the one with the Popes coming for dinner. They just showed the preparation of Tater Tots casserole for 23 people (including 4 teenage boys) and if Michelle put five pounds of ground beef total into this I would be shocked. Is starving your kids some kind of fundie badge of honor or what? Of course the other question I have is why would you serve tater tot casserole to company?

We definitely need to send the J'Slaves a Mothers Day card. And Anna. Everyone but J'Chelle deserves one.

And Father's Day cards too. Boob doesn't do shit with them. Except hold Josie upside down and show the world her wet bottom.

Ok. Does anyone know who this young man is? He apparently goes to the Duggar church and has caused some courtship speculation on instagram. I figured I would bring the speculation here:

All pics taken from public instagram of fofo_loy

b05be0a4980011e397c00e52c4d967be_8.jpg

Two different occasions with Jinger (although she is wearing the same top)

d3c95df45f4e11e3b1f9120696764a29_6.jpg

feba4ad85f5211e3988912837dff5742_8.jpg

There are also pics of him at the TTH in those clothes, and another pic of him in a different blue shirt, also at the house (but it is blurry).

Poor Josiah. I looked at facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray/269181913180625 and saw he's at ALERT.

Tuesday, April 1 is the official premiere day of the new season. 10 episodes

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/18/19-kids-and-counting-season-8-to-premiere-tuesday-april-1-on-tlc/238107/

This season will explore a changing family dynamic as the Duggar children continue to grow up, with many of the older kids considering courtships. The four eldest Duggar girls – Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger – announce that they have written a book and the family attends Erin Bates’ highly-anticipated wedding. Michelle spends one-on-one time with each of her children and the whole family visits Josh and Anna in Washington, DC. Throughout the season, cameras will check in on the DC-based Duggars as Anna begins to homeschool her growing brood and the young family goes on a fun ski outing for a day. Two of the Duggars make a special trip to Nepal and the youngest children prepare a surprise dinner theatre talent show for Jim Bob and Michelle.

Ok, here is the guy in the pics:

http://www.facebook.com/dauer.cooper

Found that shit all by myself and I am impressed with myself :P He is homeschooled and heavily into ATI. Friends with Seewald. Who knows his courtship status but hey, this info might come in handy some day.

I don't know why my pics were not published but to put it in context, there was speculation on instagram about a guy who was in several pics with Jinger.

Archived