IGNORED

Dougie Is Playing Dress Up in Italy

twin2

Wait, does this mean that the men were wearing robes or tunics (otherwise known as dresses)? I didn't watch the video, but all the photos only seem to show the men from the waist up.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, does this mean that the men were wearing robes or tunics (otherwise known as dresses)? I didn't watch the video, but all the photos only seem to show the men from the waist up.

Yeah, but didn't the Pissing Preacher say that men really wore pants under those robes? So we know it's true then. They had trouser-like garments that they wore underneath those robes, so the robes don't count.

CAN you be a godly studly he-man roman soldier god when your only 5'2" ????

The really short skirt adds height.

OK, which one of you wisenheimers added this comment to the Flickr photostream?

Re: Toolius Maximus. While it's hard to know where to begin with this epic piece o'crap, the fake Roman names made me laugh. All I could think of were Biggus Dickus and Incontinentia Buttocks from Life of Brian.

Now I want to watch a double-feature of Life of Brian and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, which includes names like Psuedolus, Erronius and Tintinabula

Ooooh, and it just gave me another LOLDoug idea . . .

Now I want to watch a double-feature of Life of Brian and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, which feature names like Psuedolus, Erronius and Tintinabula

Ooooh, and it just gave me another LOLDoug idea . . .

I want to see if they feature Bigus Dickus and Incontinentia Buttocks in the second act.

Ok, I love Be-all's "I am so over this" smile/grimace in these pictures. Even she must think this is a little twee.

She is either a saint or a glutton for punishment.

Guest Anonymous
I don't know much about that period, so maybe I'm way off here, but shouldn't Toolis be dressed in something a little less ostentatious (assuming he's representing the persecuted minority religion of Christianity as it existed in the First Century)?

It's interesting he should decide to dress as the powerful persecutor, rather than as a member of the repressed minority.

What? Dougie represent one of the hoi polloi? Bite your tongue!

The girl said she was a Vestal Virgin not just a virgin.

Hmmm... Dougie must have missed the part where the vestal virgins were followers of ANOTHER god!

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm... Dougie must have missed the part where the vestal virgins were followers of ANOTHER god!

Yeah, no kidding. Although they were punished by being buried alive if they broke their vows of chastity. Doug would probably be a-okay with that.

What a tool. Can we mail him a textbook on the Roman Empire? Bad enough the Vatican has culturally appropriated the Roman Empire.

What a tool. Can we mail him a textbook on the Roman Empire? Bad enough the Vatican has culturally appropriated the Roman Empire.

But if it's a godless, secular, accurate text - Dougie would absolutely ignore it.

Facts smacks. As far as Dougie is concerned as long as he looks smashing in his costume and gets to use the words god, manly and providence, its all good and historically acurate.

I honestly wonder when Dougie is going to get around to re-enacting the Civil War and I wonder which side he will choose. I also want to know when he plans on playing the good puritan landing from the Mayflower. That one would be so easy for him but maybe the costumes are off putting to him. The puritan costums not the native costumes of course.

I honestly wonder when Dougie is going to get around to re-enacting the Civil War and I wonder which side he will choose. I also want to know when he plans on playing the good puritan landing from the Mayflower. That one would be so easy for him but maybe the costumes are off putting to him. The puritan costums not the native costumes of course.

I've wondered when/how he's going to work a codpiece into his collection of costumes. Dougie in a codpiece--what my nightmares are made of(full body shudder).

I swear that Doug triggers like every undiscovered latent homophobic stereotype checkbox in my psyche. He's really a rorschach for gay stereotypes.

Has a small stature with a high voice? Check.

Prances around in costume? Check.

Is obsessed with manliness? Check.

Spends more time in front of a mirror than I do? Check.

Throws a hissy at the slightest breach of fashion or etiquette? Check.

Loves being the center of attention? Check.

Has more clothes than most women I know? Check.

Constantly looks like he just stepped out of the chorus line at a Broadway musical? Check.

Throws a big party every few weeks? Check.

Gets pissed when other people aren't familiar with some obscure historical reference? Check.

Thinks a big, manly, outdoor adventure involves a cruise ship with a chef on board? Check.

Hates organized team sports? Check.

Desires a homosocial environment to the exclusion of women? Check.

"Theatrical?" Check.

Lures hot young men to his house so he can have his way with them? Check.

Guest Anonymous
Heeheehee, look, Sam the hot redneck is being a slave or something.

onlyfamgetthesoldiercostumes.png

Who's the guy on the left, with the brown whatzit wrapped around his shoulders? He has what the Victorians were fond of calling "an unfortunate aspect".

Who's the guy on the left, with the brown whatzit wrapped around his shoulders? He has what the Victorians were fond of calling "an unfortunate aspect".

:lol: Love it--Sam the Hot Redneck Slave and Mr. Unfortunate Aspect. I'm surprised Dougie allowed the latter to play dress-up with him.

I want to see pics of my fundie lovah Andrew Torres, preferably in a toga... a very short toga.

ladypuglover, it is kind of surprising that Dougie hasn't done the Civil War yet, but I bet it's because he doesn't know which side to take. Go Union, and alienate all of the "the South will rise again" Confederate fetishists. Go Confederate, and alienate nearly everyone north of the Mason-Dixon line as well as Southerners who moved on long, long ago.

Oh, come on now, that's not fair.

I mean, he probably looks like everyone else in his holler in Appalachia.

Oh, come on now, that's not fair.

I mean, he probably looks like everyone else in his holler in Appalachia.

It's hard to not bear resemblance when your uncle is also your cousin.

Who is Sam the Hot Redneck, and why is he Ben-Huring with The Other Phillips Son? (They would be a real pretty couple.)

I want to see pics of my fundie lovah Andrew Torres, preferably in a toga... a very short toga.

Hands off, sista! Andrew is MY hot fundie! :lol:

Archived