IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

Even Doug's detractors acknowledge his skills as a salesman- not to mention his ruthless and aggressive lawyerng skills. Thus it doesn't seem at all improbable that he's concentrating 90% efforts on planning The Next Steps. He's certainly not concerned with asking The Woman's forgiveness. He's way beyond us in his vision (forgive me!) for his future. I doubt this is anywhere on the radar so far as the children are concerned.

Troo believer Eston may be, but that doesn't diminish the insider's info he may have. VF interns manhandling people out of church? When you consider the treatment young BRADRICK & his cohorts gave Jen Epstein outside the conference hall where DP was fabulizing, I can see others in the same jobs doing something right similar

Jen Epstein also talks of intimidation by 'men in black' jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/how-patriarchy-itself-is-the-slippery-slope-that-led-doug-phillips-to-serious-sin-with-another-woman/#comment-15912 I admit I was skeptical when I first heard of this (I think it may have been on another site than Jen's blog, actually) but Eston's claims don't seem to be alone.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll be the president of the Pointless Obsession with a Subculture that Most Americans Don't Even Know Exists Society. Will they pay me for that?

That would depend on if you are a man or a woman.

I absolutely agree about RJ Rushdooney. And I am very turned off by Eston at this point.

I don't think Jen will ever get that she is beating a dead horse with that and Eston thinks she is a lower life form too. :|

ETA. I didn't read that last bit as Eston was actually "Approving Posts" on Jen's blog. I read it more as approval that Martin had replied promptly to him. I might be wrong though.

It was definite about the approving posts. Eston is apologizing for rudely not responding quickly but wanted the post to appear quickly even though his response would take longer. After reading through a bunch of the posts, I seriously doubt Eston "reads here". He most likely is someone like Jen who became disillusioned with VF and Dougie and is using this situation as a platform to kick Dougie when he is down. I would bet he went to the church of Dougie at one point, too. Seeing the quick and eloquent replies from known insiders, I would also bet Martin and Joe know this guy or have a very good idea who it is. Definite agenda at play from Mr. Eston. Anything he writes should be read with caution.

Is Jen still single?

I think I'll be the president of the Pointless Obsession with a Subculture that Most Americans Don't Even Know Exists Society. Will they pay me for that?

Dang you, DWT! Dang you to heck!!! I'm at a public computer surrounded by strangers and just ha-ha'ed my fool head off!!!

:cracking-up: Ah, well.....

Well if we are going to make up titles, I want to be the Ultimate Empress of Doom Who Can Only Be Appeased By Chocolate. If I am in a good mood, you can call me Ms. Ultimate.

Haven't checked in for a spell. Wow! :pink-shock: Doug self destructed. I hope he truly takes this opportunity to become a better person. I can hope.

I wanted to see what some of Dougie's pals had to say! Do any of you know if Voddie Baucham is correct? Is Dougie out of the home he shared with Be-All? Did they all move? This is from facebook, Voddie's public conversation as of Nov. 19. It was an answer to a question posed by another member: (bold=my emphasis)

Voddie Baucham Ministries That's why we NEVER follow men! Every person you've ever listened to is a sinner. If we start determining what is true, false, right, or wrong based on whether men are worthy, we'll have nothing to listen to or read anymore.

As to what you tell you children, tell them that sin is real; that it is deceptive and destructive. Warn them with the words of Scripture, “Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.†(1 Corinthians 10:12)

You definitely don't want to communicate to them that EVERYTHING you read has been vetted as to insure a lack of sin, failure, or hypocrisy in the writer/producer since that is an impossible standard.

Warn them about the cost of sin. Tell them how Doug has damaged his marriage, lost his home, collapsed his ministry, and devastated his family spiritually, emotionally, and financially. Tell them how the enemies of God are rejoicing right now; how people like you are in turmoil....

Like · Reply · 8 · 20 November at 09:16

https://www.facebookdotcom/VoddieBaucham?fref=ts

Did Be-all kick him out? Did the board of the defunct VFM evict him from his palace? Sorry if the formatting isn't right.

Haven't checked in for a spell. Wow! :pink-shock: Doug self destructed. I hope he truly takes this opportunity to become a better person. I can hope.

I wanted to see what some of Dougie's pals had to say! Do any of you know if Voddie Baucham is correct? Is Dougie out of the home he shared with Be-All? Did they all move? This is from facebook, Voddie's public conversation as of Nov. 19. It was an answer to a question posed by another member: (bold=my emphasis)

Did Be-all kick him out? Did the board of the defunct VFM evict him from his palace? Sorry if the formatting isn't right.

Either the ministry told the Phillips family to leave (if I'm not mistaken the home was owned by the ministry) or VB is speaking hyperbolically. From what little I've heard of the way he speaks, this would not surprise me at all. Notice how he goes on to say that the 'enemies of God are rejoicing' and 'how people like you are in turmoil'.

I really wonder when this happened, where they are living now, what they are doing, how they are supporting themselves and if Beall lets Doug sleep in the bedroom.

I feel terrible for Beall because this isn't an affair with a peer. How would it feel to know your husband preyed on a vulnerable teenager?

I feel terrible for Beall because this isn't an affair with a peer. How would it feel to know your husband preyed on a vulnerable teenager?

For 6-10 years, if that's correct. Talk about living in parallell universes - it must feel so surreal.

I can't see how anyone could go on being married in that set up. It makes so much a lie. I'm sure she is doing the "right thing" and being all forgiving etc.. but I suspect that's damage control for her children and her own feelings. It won't last forever.

I can't see how anyone could go on being married in that set up. It makes so much a lie. I'm sure she is doing the "right thing" and being all forgiving etc.. but I suspect that's damage control for her children and her own feelings. It won't last forever.

A pastor once said, 'You must forgive, but you don't have to be stupid about it.'

Beall will have to decide whether staying would be stupid or not.

Does Beall have the financial means to leave and support herself and eight kids?

I hope Beall kicked him out. If you cheat on your partner, you deserve to be broken up with.

I hope she and the kids are okay, and are able to support themselves. Its always hard on kids when they find out that one of their parents is a cheating asshole (especially in cases where the other person's consent is questionable), or when their parents split up. I wonder if it will affect the kids social lives-will their friends be allowed to hang out with them once they know what Doug did, I can see a lot of former VF fundies not wanting to have anything to do with Doug and his family. Also will anyone let their kids court a Phillips after what Doug did? I hope for the kids sake, that they are able to still have friends and a chance at a romantic relationship, its not their fault that their dad is a cheating bastard.

Its going to be hard on Beall if she chooses to leave him-fundies look down on single mothers and people who have divorced, and there is always blame on the woman-if she had been more submissive/given him more sex/kept in shape better despite having 8 kids, he wouldn't have felt unsatisfied and looked for sex elsewhere. I hope she doesn't feel that its her fault, Doug is a tool and she could have been the perfect wife, but he still would have cheated because hes an asshole. I also hope she has means to support herself and the kids, I don't know how far she did in her education, but hopefully she has something and is able to get a job and doesn't feel she has to marry the nearest man available because feels shes nothing without a man.

I feel for the other woman as well. I hope she went into this of her own free will and wasn't pressured or felt she had to because of Doug's powerful influence. The power difference and likely age difference (and patriarchy in itself) make it likely that this was not an equal relationship though. I hope we never find out who she is, unless she chooses to speak out, she deserves privacy at this difficult time. Don't listen to the purity culture, Doug did not ruin you, There is nothing wrong with you and this doesn't mean that you are never going to be wanted by another man. The whole giving away pieces of your heart thing is wrong, you still have all of your heart and are free to fall in love.

The house is owned by Vision Forum Ministries, and per the Bexar County tax assessor, it has a total market value of $470,170. The taxes due by 2/1/2014 on the house are $12,796.37. (No, that is not a misprint. Since Texas does not have a state income tax, the vast majority of taxes come through property tax.)

My understanding of ministerial housing is that if the circumstances which qualify the person to live there change, there's a set term (like 90 days) to get out of the housing and into something else. I suspect that Doug could continue to live in the house if he were to pay rent to Vision Forum. Zillow estimates the fair market value of rent is estimated to be $3,300/month for the house.

I checked Zillow for the house address and per that website, it's not currently up for sale. This is not surprising, since this is a slow time for house sales.

I think it is both acceptable to leave and acceptable to stay after infidelity. The Beall situation makes me want to voice an opinion because socially she doesn't have an ability to leave "biblically" but ultimately I think the person who was cheated on should be able to stay without people gasping.

Marriages do sometimes recover. And people are going to feel differently about whether or not they can continue to be married after infidelity. I don't think I could stay with Doug, simply because his freaking theatrics on this. But in other situations I think I could stay.

Brad Phillips knew exactly what would happen in Sudan when he stole the unedited master footage, and he would make money doing it. He has blood on his hands, and should be held accountable for his crimes. All of those people killed and he profited from it.......BLOOD MONEY!

At this point, I don't care if Doug the Tool's mystery woman is outed. That pales in comparison to other things this family have done. I hope the VF faithful wake up and realize what kind of cult they belong to and the true nature of their leaders.

For 6-10 years, if that's correct. Talk about living in parallell universes - it must feel so surreal.

She and Maria Shriver could set up a support group.

Doug has no friends it seems. Probably never did, really. It looks like Chalcedon evicerates the Tool in the most Christian and concerned way:

http://www.examiner.com/article/chalcedon-ministry-sets-record-straight-about-relationship-with-doug-phillips?cid=db_articles

I also listed to Kevin Swanson and Dave Buhener's Generations Radio show from November 7. A sermon dedicated to hating on the success of the tool's business model for his church/ministry/store etc. And around 24 or 25 minutes the twits imply that this is Be-All's fault for not ministering enough to Doug in the sack. :roll: That train is never late. No significant mention of self-control on the man's part, or maybe it's just me.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=11713151263

If you are known by the company you keep, then Dougie was toast once this drama was exposed publicly. They're devouring their own to ramp up their businesses. I have a feeling people will reflect on this situation and walk away sooner or later.

I wish the victim(s) all the best and may she/he/they never be exposed, especially if underage.

Yes, Doug Phillips is a tool!

Its always hard on kids when they find out that one of their parents is a cheating asshole (especially in cases where the other person's consent is questionable), or when their parents split up.

I'm sure they're blaming Doug much less than they're blaming Hero. If they were close with Hero (which seems likely based on what we know of her), they probably feel more betrayed by her, especially if she was a caregiver as some suspect. And God knows, it's always the woman's fault. :angry-banghead:

In the sermon, Kevin Swanson says that Christians don't have to build monuments to themselves like liberals do. :lol:

Europe, of course, is not Christian enough.

He names a lot of scandals which he says means that there is something weak in modern Evangelicalism.

From the sermon:

The sons of Belial are making fun of Doug and the church and this is what happens among the ungodly who make fun of the church until they go to hell.

He and his wife have had marital issues and he was a super honest person and told the leaders of his church.

The speaker talks about the fact that the heros of the Old Testament(and he uses the word hero) fell and did wrong things. I agree but is he comparing Doug to biblical heroes? He also says that Jesus has to use surgery to remove the cancer so maybe he is comparing Doug to a cancer?

This proves that the devil is really, really powerful.

Interesting fact, Hal Lindsey went through four divorces. Kevin also mutters about Scoffield(I need to look that up)

He says, "Don't trust in men, trust in god." Wouldn't that mean that women should not have to blindly follow their husbands?

"I am not seeing that people are giving god the glory...I see it in my own heart....I want the accolades." Luckily, he doesn't see that as a good thing; however, if he views this as a natural state of humans how does it justify men having complete control over their wives and daughters. How does he not make that jump?

He even says Power does corrupt. He says that men should not seek power or to centralize power and that Christians aren't supposed to find value in power but in their relationship with god. How does he not see that this applies to marriage and parenting?

The sexual revolution unleashed child molestations and homosexuality. :cray-cray: It is no real surprise(according to him, not me) that the world is sucking the church into its vortex on this . Scandal is more likely today because of the spirit of the age which is moving toward sexual freedom. SATAN!!

The marriage bed is holy. Take your sexual energy into the marriage bed. Let sex lead you into unity with your wife. When a wife or husband doesn't have sex you are letting the devil take hold of them.

His wife told a bunch of women that they should serve their husbands by having sex with him.

Kevin is super dedicated to the church. He even flies in on Saturday night so that he can make certain to be there on Sunday morning. Everyone should go to a local church.

He remembers when he was in Japan there were lots of missionaries who his dad had to talk with because they fell into sexual sin.

Don't idolize the preachers or churches. (I would add don't idolize your husbands or fathers either)

Beall has closed her twitter.

Found this on Google: Beall Phillips (DougswifeBeall) on Twitter

twitter.com/DougswifeBeall‎

The latest from Beall Phillips (@DougswifeBeall). Happy wife to Doug, happy mom to Joshua, Justice, Liberty, Jubilee, Faith, Honor, Providence, and Virginia.

Click on it the link and it's not there...anymore.

I think Beall may be done. Good for her. (I am not giving her a pass on any "mean girl" crap she may have pulled over the years.)

edited to break link

Archived