IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

Wait. Do they really not have hot water?

And in that recent photo Petey looks like he is coming back from the hazardous journey of... shovelling the sidewalk. The most hazardous of all winter journeys.

The pyramid scheme cult formerly known as Vision Forum. What a bag of tools.

I think the greatest hazard he faces is that, if he keeps scowling, his face will stick like that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a really interesting read, there MtL. I am glad you found it. Wonder how many other VF customers are unaware of what they are supporting?

Just found a homeschooling blogger who is deep-sixing all her VF materials in response to Dougie's peccadilloes - and, as an added bonus, she isn't too fond of the Pearls, either!

rogerswonderfullife.com/2013/11/the-pearls-and-vision-forum-get-garbage.html

At one point (and I forget where he posted it), Petey posted that they boil water in big tubs on the stove top because their old farmhouse doesn't have a hot water tank. I should hope it was only temporary, but the post made it sound like that's just the way they do things (it wasn't like they had a power outage or anything). I should certainly hope by now he's changed that situation. But it's still fun to snark about.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Speechless.

I wonder how Stacey is taking all this? She's pretty busy with the pyramid scheme, but I'm guessing it' s the woman's fault, per Stacey a n d James and their usual convoluted circular logic. I don't think I ever really understood the One True Scotsman fallacy until I started reading Stacey.

Well as of yesterday she was hawking her essential oils as a cure for autism. *roll eyes*

I wonder if even Doug knows what his next apology will say? The last two were noticeably lacking in the usual flowery prose that typifies Doug "I'm so manly" Phillips without some heavy outside editing. (plus, it's not like he still has the password to log in and post it himself (or at least I hope not)).

I think the greatest hazard he faces is that, if he keeps scowling, his face will stick like that.

Bwa ha ha ha ha. (This actually made me laugh out loud. This SO would have been what my Mom - gone many years now - would have said about that).

At one point (and I forget where he posted it), Petey posted that they boil water in big tubs on the stove top because their old farmhouse doesn't have a hot water tank. I should hope it was only temporary, but the post made it sound like that's just the way they do things (it wasn't like they had a power outage or anything). I should certainly hope by now he's changed that situation. But it's still fun to snark about.

Now this is just sad. Hopefully, it was just a temporary problem. Nobody deserves to live like that.

Well as of yesterday she was hawking her essential oils as a cure for autism. *roll eyes*

Does anyone think Stacy has even the most remote understanding of how utterly stupid this is???

:angry-banghead:

Oh, really? Where is she doing this? I'm thinking some ebil government agencies might want to know she's practicing medicine without a license and recommending quack nostrums for the treatment of disease.

Oh, really? Where is she doing this? I'm thinking some ebil government agencies might want to know she's practicing medicine without a license and recommending quack nostrums for the treatment of disease.

Doubtful. Everyone and their grandma these days can "recommend" whatever treatment or medical advice they want on the internet. As long as they provide a statement such as "I'm not a medical professional, and this is simply my opinion" then their butts are covered. It's all about the right to free speech!

I believe homemade apple pie (made with organic apples) cures cancer. (And by odd chance I sell homemade apple pies (made with organic apples)

"I'm not a medical professional, and this is simply my opinion"

Am I safe?

Drinking Lysol cures diabetes and epilepsy.

Anyone else have some good medical tips? LOL.

Drinking Lysol cures diabetes and epilepsy.

Anyone else have some good medical tips? LOL.

No, no, no -- Lysol is strictly for feeling feminine and birth control. Douche only, do not take internally. :D

6LwEa8d.jpg

And Kevin Swanson & Voddie Baucham -- every last one of these patriarchal fuckwads.

I long for the day that Kevin Swanson gets taken down. He's pure evil, as far as I am concerned.

No, no, no -- Lysol is strictly for feeling feminine and birth control. Douche only, do not take internally. :D

6LwEa8d.jpg

Oh. My. God. Wherever did this little gem come from? And is it wrong that I want to mail in the coupon to get my Feminine Hygiene Facts? Wow. And, well, just...wow.

Oh. My. God. Wherever did this little gem come from? And is it wrong that I want to mail in the coupon to get my Feminine Hygiene Facts? Wow. And, well, just...wow.

I'm wondering about the "no greasy aftereffect" feature/bug. Wouldn't some lubrication be a good thing if you're regularly douching with Lysol? :think:

Another blogger has picked up on the story of Dougie's shenanigans - an interesting look at what he calls the "Plantation Chic" ethos that is Vision Forum ~

earlyamericanists.com/2013/11/20/godly-heritage-and-plantation-chic-the-case-of-vision-forum/

Sunlight! Why, it's almost as good a disinfectant as Lysol!!

:lol:

Oh. My. God. Wherever did this little gem come from?

If you google Lysol ad douche, then click on images, you will see many, many of these ads -- each more mind-boggling than the last!

Have fun!

Lysol? OMG!

The whole bit about "daintiness" made me lol.

Not just daintiness, but alluring daintiness. :lol:

I don't know how they got away with calling Lysol 'non-caustic.' I used to use that stuff to clean my bathrooms. If I didn't use rubber gloves it would eat the skin off my hands! :?

day":1i65o5du]

Not just daintiness, but alluring daintiness. :lol:

I don't know how they got away with calling Lysol 'non-caustic.' I used to use that stuff to clean my bathrooms. If I didn't use rubber gloves it would eat the skin off my hands! :?

Oh, that's right, alluring daintiness. Like the smell of Lysol is going to be a turn-on?

My Southern mother taught me to use Lysol to clean bathrooms, too. And her mother loved Lysol spray, so her house always smelled like that. Ick. I can't imagine sending that stuff up my girly parts. Wow.

I was always told the lysol douche was a crude contraceptive. They couldn't advertise that back then, so "daintiness and alluring" was used. The germies it was supposedly killing were really spermies. :obscene-sexualspermblue:

Advertisers in the 40s and earlier were OBSESSED with "daintiness." The word is used so often in old ads and in such strange contexts that I don't even know what they meant by it. Apparently, it's "dainty" to have lady parts that smell like disinfectant.

Assuming a basic level of hygiene, if one has such strong "feminine odor" that it is ruining one's marriage :roll: , one should consider seeing a doctor--sounds like a vaginal infection.

I was going to ask how we went from talking about the Tool to talking about a douche, but really, no difference.

I was always told the lysol douche was a crude contraceptive. They couldn't advertise that back then, so "daintiness and alluring" was used. The germies it was supposedly killing were really spermies. :obscene-sexualspermblue:

People did use Lysol as a contraceptive douche (spoiler: it didn't work), but the ads are legit about disinfecting your vagina so it doesn't smell bad and make people (especially your husband) hate you. There's a lot of discomfiting stuff about that in advice books for women of that era.

Archived