IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

Meanwhile, back at Hair-splitting Central the ranch on Jen's blog, we have this interesting comment by an escapee from Scott Brown's racket church in NC (jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/open-letter-to-chalcedon-foundation-regarding-its-defense-of-doug-phillips/#comment-17672):

The owner/persident of NCFIC has himself proven to be an abusive church leader like his mentor Doug Phillips, and has done much damage in his hometown in North Carolina. The abuses are similar to Doug Phillips own and have been growing over the years. Doug Phillips influence in his life and here in NC can hardly be overstated, he has been held up as the supreme leader, often being consulted to decide personal and church issues....Maybe even worse, today we can see the rotten fruit from this movement being passed down to the children of these leaders, children barely wet behind the ears standing in judgment of those who opposes the movement or does not conform to their standards. It’s bad enough to have men standing in condemnation of other men over man made rules, it’s unbearable to have “20 somethings†glaring at older men and women for wearing jeans or watching a ball game on TV.

(emphasis added)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's bad enough to have men standing in condemnation of other men over man made rules, it's unbearable to have '20 somethings' glaring at older men and women for wearing jeans or watching a ball game on TV."

pbradrick.png

"It's bad enough to have men standing in condemnation of other men over man made rules, it's unbearable to have '20 somethings' glaring at older men and women for wearing jeans or watching a ball game on TV."

pbradrick.png

DWT, I just want to say I'm so glad you're once again using my favourite fundie avatar. :cracking-up:

DWT, I just want to say I'm so glad you're once again using my favourite fundie avatar. :cracking-up:

Me too. Real life events have been limiting my FJ time this week, so it's such a comfort to come back and see Petey's special over-the-shoulder sneer again! :lol:

Me too. Real life events have been limiting my FJ time this week, so it's such a comfort to come back and see Petey's special over-the-shoulder sneer again! :lol:

Ditto! And wherever did this specimen photo come from and what was our manly man Petie doing in it? Is that an FBI-like earpiece coil dropping from his ear? He must have been out resolving some kind of crisis, no?

Meanwhile, back at Hair-splitting Central the ranch on Jen's blog, we have this interesting comment by an escapee from Scott Brown's racket church in NC (jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/open-letter-to-chalcedon-foundation-regarding-its-defense-of-doug-phillips/#comment-17672):

(emphasis added)

Interesting find. The comments on Jen's Gems, Spiritual Sounding Board, and Wartburg Watch (and I'm sure there are more out there...) are becoming books unto themselves. Bottom line - my hope is that all of this patriarchy nonsense gets exposed for the complete and utter bullshit it is. Scott Brown, you're next - followed closely by Geoff Botkin, if there is any justice in this world (and if he hasn't packed up the family and forced them into even deeper hiding by now).

T.W. Eston administered a massive and patronizing slap down to Taunya on JensGems. After accusing her of shit-stirring he says:

I’m pleased to hear that Martin is addressing your questions at SSB, and that JulieAnne welcomes that exchange there. I hope you get your questions answered. However, this blog will be sticking with the subject at hand.

Does Jen get a say in your decision, T.W.? I already thought you a pompous patriarchial ass, thanks for confirming that opinion. Have you taken over her blog? Oh, and BTW, who are you -- other than a pontificating jack ass?

Thank goodness for Julie Anne and Spiritual Sounding Board because Taunya has some very interesting things to say and gives a shout out to FJ:

I used to address these issues on my blog regularly back in 2008-2010 but have since walked way entirely from this movement and it’s cult-like practices. The scandal involving Doug Phillips has once again peaked my interest as it has so many others. For those following on Freejinger, I know you all are reading this, I am Taunya old-fashionedmusings. The blog is no longer visible and hasn’t been for years but those of you who have been around a while may remember poking fun at my family and I, as you seem to take so much pleasure doing to all the “fundies†as you call them. I just couldn’t resist waving to all of you. Most people never admit reading your stuff but many of us do especially at times like this.

Hi Taunya, :greetings-wavingyellow:

I'm so happy to hear you have walked away from the movement. It doesn't just have "cult-like practices" -- it is a cult. I am sorry about what you went through and wish you luck in the future.

I've been around for a while but can't remember your blog, sorry. Perhaps you didn't make me angry enough, or I didn't find your writing snarkable enough, to comment on it. I'm glad that you do read our stuff here. While there is a lot of snark (because it's fun), there is also a lot of compassion, intelligent talk and critical thinking too.

Thank you for re-opening your blog, even temporarily. I found this post very interesting and insightful: focusedongrace.blogspot.com/2009/02/marketing-of-titus-2-woman-part-7.html

Good luck at getting anything like a decent response from Selbrede or Chalcedon. Or any other Patriarchal leader. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Interesting find. The comments on Jen's Gems, Spiritual Sounding Board, and Wartburg Watch (and I'm sure there are more out there...) are becoming books unto themselves. Bottom line - my hope is that all of this patriarchy nonsense gets exposed for the complete and utter bullshit it is. Scott Brown, you're next - followed closely by Geoff Botkin, if there is any justice in this world (and if he hasn't packed up the family and forced them into even deeper hiding by now).

And really -- I'd like to include Peter Bradrick on that list, too. He needs to shut up, get a real job, and buy his wife a water heater.

And really -- I'd like to include Peter Bradrick on that list, too. He needs to shut up, get a real job, and buy his wife a water heater.

And Kevin Swanson & Voddie Baucham -- every last one of these patriarchal fuckwads.

Ditto! And wherever did this specimen photo come from and what was our manly man Petie doing in it? Is that an FBI-like earpiece coil dropping from his ear? He must have been out resolving some kind of crisis, no?

Re: The FBI equipment. Didn't the Brown, Bradrick, Botkin, Phillips gang take some sort of manly defense and personal security course a couple of years ago? Right before BRADRICK became the go to company for all things catastrophic?

ETA: The name of the website is iaepa.us scroll thru the student testamonials... some of our most favorite dominionist family members are listed.

I was receiving complaints and could no longer handle the peer pressure. :) But how long can it last, with all the scrubbing?

Peter, don't force me to take desperate, man-on-man measures. Do you want me to use the "gay wedding" photo of you and Justin Turley? Or the infamous "pew canoodling" pic of you and Doug? Because I'll go there if I have to. Accept defeat now or face the consequences!

I was receiving complaints and could no longer handle the peer pressure. :) But how long can it last, with all the scrubbing?

Peter, don't force me to take desperate, man-on-man measures. Do you want me to use the "gay wedding" photo of you and Justin Turley? Or the infamous "pew canoodling" pic of you and Doug? Because I'll go there if I have to. Accept defeat now or face the consequences!

Screenshot everything you might want to use in the future. Petey and crew have left too much awesomeness to let it go off the internetz forever. ;-)

I'm in total agreement. I had sadz when Petey sneering over the goings-on here at FJ was gone. And when I read that first post, Petey's glaring face was the first image that came to mind. Smuggar and his Twitter/Instagram idiocy came in a close second.

Re: The FBI equipment. Didn't the Brown, Bradrick, Botkin, Phillips gang take some sort of manly defense and personal security course a couple of years ago? Right before BRADRICK became the go to company for all things catastrophic?

ETA: The name of the website is iaepa.us scroll thru the student testamonials... some of our most favorite dominionist family members are listed.

OMG, I'd totally forgotten about this organization. What a bunch of alarmists. And if memory serves me correctly, the reason we ever found this website is because one of the head cheeses is on the board of Bradrick!, I think.

Glancing at the course list, I think we should sign Dougie up for the Church Security Training class. It's just 2 days worth of of bullshit, and I'm guessing he's probably got the time...

Glargh. I had a dream about Doug the Tool last night. As you might imagine, he was a tool in the dream, denying responsibility. I woke up and felt REALLY weird as I've never dreamed about anyone on FJ.

But I think the fallout from Dougie's failure must be really affecting me in some way. Someone mentioned a few pages back that we're missing yet another "made after 5 pm on a Friday" apology from Doug. Well, yeah, the first two apologies were missing something pretty damned significant:

An apology to the woman he took advantage of.

Seriously, he's apologized to all sorts of people, but not to the woman. You're probably thinking, why should he apologize? Well, in my opinion, it's important for him to apologize because in the Dougster's world, women are not on an equal footing with men. They are treated as low-ranking persons who really cannot deny what a MAN tells them to do.

I've read some of the blogs of the people who are very upset about the fall of the House of Doug, and I'm convinced an apology to the woman is absolutely in order. That's because these blogging asshats are continuing on with the evil teachings of patriarchy--doubling down, if you will. It doesn't matter that Phillips teachings utterly FAILED, but that they're going to keep on with the Stay-at-Home Daughter stupidity. These people fail to see that, at bottom, Doug's patriarchy not only allows for things like this to happen, but pretty much ensures that there's no way for a real accounting to take place.

Douglas Phillips has harmed a lot of people. His teachings are sick and perverse and absolutely lead to this type of power inequity. At the very minimum, he needs to apologize to the woman he used, then to all women and girls for teaching his bullshit male superiority crap.

I wouldn't be so hot about this except that this patriarchy bullshit has seeped into the Southern Baptists with a vengeance. Russell Moore, who is a SBC honcho, said the following last week in an interview:

“Often, I think, the gospel is obscured because God has designed a picture of the gospel in the one-flesh union of husband and wife,†Moore said of his long association with the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood in Louisville, Ky. “When that is broken down, you have a false gospel that is being preached.â€

http://www.abpnews.com/ministry/people/ ... pJhuuKQP8o (not breaking the link, Associated Baptist Press is a news site, independent of the Southern Baptist Convention)

Patriarchy needs a stake driven right through its heart. Doug Phillips can start by apologizing to the victim of his lechery, and then to all the women and girls he's hurt with his teachings.

Now hopefully I'll not have that perv in my dreams tonight!

Glargh. I had a dream about Doug the Tool last night. As you might imagine, he was a tool in the dream, denying responsibility. I woke up and felt REALLY weird as I've never dreamed about anyone on FJ.

But I think the fallout from Dougie's failure must be really affecting me in some way. Someone mentioned a few pages back that we're missing yet another "made after 5 pm on a Friday" apology from Doug. Well, yeah, the first two apologies were missing something pretty damned significant:

An apology to the woman he took advantage of.

Seriously, he's apologized to all sorts of people, but not to the woman. You're probably thinking, why should he apologize? Well, in my opinion, it's important for him to apologize because in the Dougster's world, women are not on an equal footing with men. They are treated as low-ranking persons who really cannot deny what a MAN tells them to do.

I've read some of the blogs of the people who are very upset about the fall of the House of Doug, and I'm convinced an apology to the woman is absolutely in order. That's because these blogging asshats are continuing on with the evil teachings of patriarchy--doubling down, if you will. It doesn't matter that Phillips teachings utterly FAILED, but that they're going to keep on with the Stay-at-Home Daughter stupidity. These people fail to see that, at bottom, Doug's patriarchy not only allows for things like this to happen, but pretty much ensures that there's no way for a real accounting to take place.

Douglas Phillips has harmed a lot of people. His teachings are sick and perverse and absolutely lead to this type of power inequity. At the very minimum, he needs to apologize to the woman he used, then to all women and girls for teaching his bullshit male superiority crap.

I wouldn't be so hot about this except that this patriarchy bullshit has seeped into the Southern Baptists with a vengeance. Russell Moore, who is a SBC honcho, said the following last week in an interview:

http://www.abpnews.com/ministry/people/ ... pJhuuKQP8o (not breaking the link, Associated Baptist Press is a news site, independent of the Southern Baptist Convention)

Patriarchy needs a stake driven right through its heart. Doug Phillips can start by apologizing to the victim of his lechery, and then to all the women and girls he's hurt with his teachings.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The founder of iaepa is also listed as the head instructor at bradrick's org. //bradrick.org/about/instructor

the blog on the iaepa site is at least 2 years out of date, and last I looked at bradrick.org, they were still on the Moore tornado...

I'd read the SBC quote and didn't think it made a whole lot of sense. But then, what is else is new.....

Wait. Do they really not have hot water?

And in that recent photo Petey looks like he is coming back from the hazardous journey of... shovelling the sidewalk. The most hazardous of all winter journeys.

The pyramid scheme cult formerly known as Vision Forum. What a bag of tools.

Wait. Do they really not have hot water?

And in that recent photo Petey looks like he is coming back from the hazardous journey of... shovelling the sidewalk. The most hazardous of all winter journeys.

The pyramid scheme cult formerly known as Vision Forum. What a bag of tools.

At one point (and I forget where he posted it), Petey posted that they boil water in big tubs on the stove top because their old farmhouse doesn't have a hot water tank. I should hope it was only temporary, but the post made it sound like that's just the way they do things (it wasn't like they had a power outage or anything). I should certainly hope by now he's changed that situation. But it's still fun to snark about.

At one point (and I forget where he posted it), Petey posted that they boil water in big tubs on the stove top because their old farmhouse doesn't have a hot water tank. I should hope it was only temporary, but the post made it sound like that's just the way they do things (it wasn't like they had a power outage or anything). I should certainly hope by now he's changed that situation. But it's still fun to snark about.

BRADRICK! is a tool. I hate to think it, but poor Kelly. :(

Just found a homeschooling blogger who is deep-sixing all her VF materials in response to Dougie's peccadilloes - and, as an added bonus, she isn't too fond of the Pearls, either!

rogerswonderfullife.com/2013/11/the-pearls-and-vision-forum-get-garbage.html

My mom was given a copy of Michael and Debi Pearls book once To Train up a Child. She gave it to me without reading it and I delved in. As they were ..those kinds of homeschoolers... At the time I was appalled. I will post a link to several quotes from the book at the end of this blog such as beating to submission. Terrible abuse.

I have also been a long term supporter of Vision Forum.... We have... Well now I will state we had ordered some home schooling material from this catalog. Like most home schoolers, I had ordered from this company mostly history and than goodness I ordered none of its character building. What I didn't realized was their mission statement which supports a Patriarchal lifestyle. Meaning women are not allowed a voice. Ever. As in... Women are only here to serve men. Yes.... Only to help their man. Whether that mean their father... Or husband. A man is basically the God of the home. Also racism, they speak of the south in such a demeaning way and I will leave it at that.

This is wrong.

I did not even know of this lifestyle.

This is insane.

Women are being abused. Children especially daughters are being abused in this lifestyle and I was supporting it.

This is my public opinion beware of anything Michael or Debi Pearl or Doug Phillips or anything coming form Vision forum. Doug Phillips, public speaker aka Patriarchal lifestyle believer aka just had an affair and abused his power with a young girl, that he speaks of straight from God.

Run.

Any homeschooling material I have purchased from Vision Forum will be going in the garbage, luckily most of it was so boring we never used it. It is going in the garbage, because it is garbage.

It came to me today the reason James and Stacy McDonald are "supporting" Dougie. Her book is published and carried by VF. She is a Desperate Housewife Passionate for Money.

I wonder how Stacey is taking all this? She's pretty busy with the pyramid scheme, but I'm guessing it' s the woman's fault, per Stacey a n d James and their usual convoluted circular logic. I don't think I ever really understood the One True Scotsman fallacy until I started reading Stacey.

Archived