IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

See, I watch this and I just cannot believe DP was philandering with a woman! I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Me too. I still say that the man is at the least bisexual.

Josh has retweeted this rather idiotic quote from a person named Daniel Powers.

Capitalism is the only form of economics that forces you to serve others so that you can succeed.

Really? That doesn't even make sense.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too. I still say that the man is at the least bisexual.

Josh has retweeted this rather idiotic quote from a person named Daniel Powers.

Really? That doesn't even make sense.[/quot

Who is Daniel Powers?

Really? That doesn't even make sense.[/quot

Who is Daniel Powers?

No idea who Powers is. LOL I just thought it was a strange quote for Joshua to rewteet. We know that Doug considers women who work for other men to be serving them in some capacity. Vision Forum does encourage entrepreneurship. I wonder if they think that a man working for another man is a form of servitude? Maybe that is why Joshua doesn't seem to have any real job yet.

See, I watch this and I just cannot believe DP was philandering with a woman! I just can't wrap my mind around it.

I'll go to my grave not believing it. The last word I utter will be "rosebud," 'cept it won't have nothin' to do with Citizen Kane!

I am reminded of the post by one of the Botkinettes, saying, "You may know all about the differences between infralapsarianism and supralapsarianism, but unless you [know about some patriarchal shizz we consider important]..."

I looked these terms up and immediately thought, "Splitting hairs much? And this crap is important WHY?"

And I now think Doug is an ephebophilic bisexual--meaning that he goes for both kinds of cute youngish humans. Compare the fellows-hipping pic with Petey in the pew and the clip of him creepily hugging and kissing and hand-holding his daughter while she was trying to sing during their duet at the SAICFF.

Some serious hair-splitting is going on over in the comments at Jen's blog, where Eston & the Chalcedon guy are debating who's a true heir to Rushdoony (and therefore a real Christian) and who are the bad guys: jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/open-letter-to-chalcedon-foundation-regarding-its-defense-of-doug-phillips/#comments

How many assholes can dance on the head of a pin?!

I am reminded of the post by one of the Botkinettes, saying, "You may know all about the differences between infralapsarianism and supralapsarianism, but unless you [know about some patriarchal shizz we consider important]..."

I looked these terms up and immediately thought, "Splitting hairs much? And this crap is important WHY?"

And I now think Doug is an ephebophilic bisexual--meaning that he goes for both kinds of cute youngish humans. Compare the fellows-hipping pic with Petey in the pew and the clip of him creepily hugging and kissing and hand-holding his daughter while she was trying to sing during their duet at the SAICFF.

Here's the exact Botkinette quote, full of sweet nothings, from the blog entry shilling their book "It's Not that Complicated" (oh, Dougie only wishes!!):

If Edward Cullen is stalking you in a creepy manner, always staring at you across the room and trying to corner you so he can ask you creepy questions about yourself – you can respond so honestly (“Yes, I believe in Total Depravityâ€), seriously (“I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how God judges sinâ€), and confidently (“What is your position on supralapsarianism vs. infralapsarianism?â€) that he will probably never come ask you questions again. If something firmer is needed, your father or brothers should be able to do the job.

And this crap is important WHY?? Because they, and Dougie, and all their ilk, are living embodiments of the old saying, "There's a sucker born every minute, and two to take him." They spew highfalutin' language and big words and engage in pseudo-intellectual mental gymnastics in order to daze and confuse and intimidate the unfortunate folk they've seduced with their impossibly unattainable image. Woody Allen had another name for it: mental masturbation.

There hasn't been a peep from the Botkin camp since all the unsavory news about Dougie broke. I can only imagine the scrambling to distance, and damage control going on, not to mention further tightening of the shackles on the "children."

Thanks, Marian! I'd forgotten that one. The gals may also have whipped out these terms elsewhere.

At church, I did learn the definition of antidisestablishmentarianism, but it had something legitimate to do with the separation of church and state in New England a couple of centuries ago.

Some serious hair-splitting is going on over in the comments at Jen's blog, where Eston & the Chalcedon guy are debating who's a true heir to Rushdoony (and therefore a real Christian) and who are the bad guys: jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/open-letter-to-chalcedon-foundation-regarding-its-defense-of-doug-phillips/#comments

That's easy:

A. Calculate area of the pinhead by multiplying the circumference X diameter.

B. Measure the width of the assholes at their widest point

C. Divide (B) into (A)

Exactly, and Voddie Baucham is part of this subset and was trying to impress the leaders of that subset when he named his child, because at the time that's who was buttering his bread. Now, just a few years later, he's become a big shot with his own ministry and doesn't have to give a crap what they think anymore (hence his shrug at Doug's resignation).

I don't think anyone here who is claiming that Voddie intentionally named his child after a Confederate is casting aspersions on anyone else who would use those names. For heaven's sake, they are Hebrew names that have been around for thousands of years and there's no reason not to use them.

Thank you, you put it much better than I did. I didn't mean to cast aspersions on people who aren't interested in Civil War history!

Young Mr. Baucham just uses "Judah" now, in any case.

You are not joking about the hair-splitting! I summarized the first two salvos but the latest posts ... I just can't!

Eston has been probably been holding a grudge against Chalcedon since 2001 and thinks he's got Selbride by the short hairs now. Who cares about Patriarchial debates?

BTW, I don't think we can take anything Eston has written about Doug Phillips or any alleged victims at face value now he has shown his true colors as a Patriarchial ass.

He is now saying that VF Interns behave like Mafioso and drag people out of church to intimidate them causing big strong men to turn into shivering wrecks of their former selves. Reality or a bit of poetic licence?

If I am reading his twitter account correct, Doug's son is running a marathon in Arizona. Of course, the young man should go on with his life but if this story has been ongoing when did the older kids know? This seems like a very big change in their lives

I too was struck by JTitsup's apparently still-carefree, marathon-running life. For a boy who's as identified with his father and as father-worshiping as he's been raised to be, it seems odd...UNLESS Doug himself is less humbly repentant in private than he's been in public. If Dad isn't bothered, why should JTitsup be? Maybe Doug has successfully "spun" the issues to his family in a way that allows him to save face with them and is already strategizing his next profitable endeavor.

BTW, I don't think we can take anything Eston has written about Doug Phillips or any alleged victims at face value now he has shown his true colors as a Patriarchial ass.

ITA. IMO, Eston's credibility is completely negated by his/her Rushdoony-worship.

He is now saying that VF Interns behave like Mafioso and drag people out of church to intimidate them causing big strong men to turn into shivering wrecks of their former selves. Reality or a bit of poetic licence

I could see lunkheads like Petey talking big about putting VF/Dougie critics in their place, but dragging alleged miscreants out of church? No. :roll:

Very long article. Take away from this one... Doug the Tool has a younger brother named Brad. Brad is evil in his own right... and Brad is in league with Matt Chauncey.

Doug has one younger brother who is Catholic, like Doug's mother. Is there more than one younger brother?

Did anyone ever have to read "Heart of Midlothian" by Sir Walter Scott?

I'm trying to find the quote (and failing) but there's a point in it where the narrator waxes on about how Effie Dean (one of the main characters, who is accused of murdering her illegitimate baby) could, by the time she was a young girl, expound upon the merits of a memorized prayer vs. an 'off the cuff' prayer (I forget the actual terms)--because those were the esoteric sort of debating things her father, the expert in all things theology, railed about.

But she didn't know the basics about courtship and how to handle young men and appropriate behavior for young ladies, because it was assumed that she'd know that (and she didn't. hence the entire plot of the story)

It seems apt.

That's easy:

A. Calculate area of the pinhead by multiplying the circumference X diameter.

B. Measure the width of the assholes at their widest point

C. Divide (B) into (A)

Measurement B may vary depending on the stance of said assholes.

I too was struck by JTitsup's apparently still-carefree, marathon-running life. For a boy who's as identified with his father and as father-worshiping as he's been raised to be, it seems odd...UNLESS Doug himself is less humbly repentant in private than he's been in public. If Dad isn't bothered, why should JTitsup be? Maybe Doug has successfully "spun" the issues to his family in a way that allows him to save face with them and is already strategizing his next profitable endeavor.

Even Doug's detractors acknowledge his skills as a salesman- not to mention his ruthless and aggressive lawyerng skills. Thus it doesn't seem at all improbable that he's concentrating 90% efforts on planning The Next Steps. He's certainly not concerned with asking The Woman's forgiveness. He's way beyond us in his vision (forgive me!) for his future. I doubt this is anywhere on the radar so far as the children are concerned.

Troo believer Eston may be, but that doesn't diminish the insider's info he may have. VF interns manhandling people out of church? When you consider the treatment young BRADRICK & his cohorts gave Jen Epstein outside the conference hall where DP was fabulizing, I can see others in the same jobs doing something right similar

I thought the Samuel Phillips, brother of Doug the tool, was a graduate of Christendom College and was working as director of admissions at Avalon School, a conservative Catholic school in MD. Are we sure the white supremacist is the same person?

What's with Joshua Titus' facial hair? Is there a good shot of the snidely whiplash look?

No idea but he looks a twat.

I keep seeing references to Doug Phillips' duet with his daughter, but I'm having trouble finding the actual clip. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I keep seeing references to Doug Phillips' duet with his daughter, but I'm having trouble finding the actual clip. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

vimeo.com/59454915

Enjoy!

http://www.iphoneogram.com/p/517554278786641609_197356002/

This instagram account has some photos of Joshua with his new Errol Flynn hairstyle. How old is Joshua? I don't want to pick on him because the kids must be going through a tough time but does he have even a make believe job?

Dougie turned over the reigns and JT is now President of the Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Society......

Dougie turned over the reigns and JT is now President of the Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Society......

I think I'll be the president of the Pointless Obsession with a Subculture that Most Americans Don't Even Know Exists Society. Will they pay me for that?

Archived