IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - General Discussion Part 2

happy atheist

From the Pickles and Hairspray page on FB:

"According to fakejoshduggar on instagram, Jim Bob bought the house in Oxon Hill with his Champion Motor Cars corporation money and is renting it to Josh. "

If true, it makes that whole house-hunting epi even more fake than it already was.

And while Zillow might or might not have accurate market values on real estate, they DO show the price at which the house was last sold -- so that might be available online (I haven't looked it up to be sure)

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"According to fakejoshduggar on instagram, Jim Bob bought the house in Oxon Hill with his Champion Motor Cars corporation money and is renting it to Josh. "

If true, it makes that whole house-hunting epi even more fake than it already was.

And it underscores the control Jim Bob continues to exert over his adult son.

And it underscores the control Jim Bob continues to exert over his adult son.

I am waiting on a password from MD Land Records. I want to use it for genealogical research and I will see if Dim Bulb's name appears on any deeds in PG County.

Can't have a grown adult son taking care of himself, after all.

Douches.

Can't have a grown adult son taking care of himself, after all.

Douches.

That Jim Bob is one helluva control freak. It will be interesting to see what he does to keep Ben and Jessa under his thumb.

Please tell. Why are you shocked by it?

She probably thought that they are racist because one of the Duggar children thought nothing of suggesting that they name a kid after Jefferson Davis. I think that they are the more subtle racists, like many families that I met in ATI. They would let their kids play with black children, but they raised their kids with revisionists history about how wonderful the South was in the past, how slaves were treated nice and how the big bad North should have just left the South alone because the slaves really liked being slaves. You would have to be raised like that to think honoring Jefferson Davis was a good idea.

Keep in mind that they are very active members of ATI and speak at the yearly conferences, to get that far they have to have their beliefs pretty inline with Gothard's. Here is an article about the racism in ATI and VF.

wideopenground.com/christian-patriarchys-background/

Rock music is evil because it came from pagan Africa. Bill Gothard and other fundamentalists say just this. European music has rock music too, but yet, Bill Gothard always blames the Africans. I already knew this was racists, but Fiddlrts pointed out that Gothard borrows this almost word-for- word from Rushdoony.

Interracial marriage is sometimes discouraged. In fairness, I never heard Doug Philips or Bill Gothard say this. But I do remember studying the problem of the interracial marriage between Pocahontas and John Rolfe. I learned the Pocahontas would not have died if she had not married a foreigner.

I also remember learning this. Marry outside your race and their will be huge problems in your marriage.

And from the comments:

Bill Gothard and interracial marriage: when our family first entered the ATI program, which was when it was starting its third year, each family was required to send in a family photo along with the application. We were told at the time that Bill Githard studied each face in each picture because he believed he could discern the character of each one by looking at their countenances and this predict problems families and problem children. A year or so later we met a mixed race couple who was initially rejected into the program because they were mixed race and that that was another reason for the photos. Eventually they were allowed into the program but on probation.

And that is not the first time I've heard stories of interracial couples being denied.

She probably thought that they are racist because one of the Duggar children thought nothing of suggesting that they name a kid after Jefferson Davis. I think that they are the more subtle racists, like many families that I met in ATI. They would let their kids play with black children, but they raised their kids with revisionists history about how wonderful the South was in the past, how slaves were treated nice and how the big bad North should have just left the South alone because the slaves really liked being slaves. You would have to be raised like that to think honoring Jefferson Davis was a good idea.

Keep in mind that they are very active members of ATI and speak at the yearly conferences, to get that far they have to have their beliefs pretty inline with Gothard's. Here is an article about the racism in ATI and VF.

wideopenground.com/christian-patriarchys-background/

Rock music is evil because it came from pagan Africa. Bill Gothard and other fundamentalists say just this. European music has rock music too, but yet, Bill Gothard always blames the Africans. I already knew this was racists, but Fiddlrts pointed out that Gothard borrows this almost word-for- word from Rushdoony.

Interracial marriage is sometimes discouraged. In fairness, I never heard Doug Philips or Bill Gothard say this. But I do remember studying the problem of the interracial marriage between Pocahontas and John Rolfe. I learned the Pocahontas would not have died if she had not married a foreigner.

I also remember learning this. Marry outside your race and their will be huge problems in your marriage.

And from the comments:

Bill Gothard and interracial marriage: when our family first entered the ATI program, which was when it was starting its third year, each family was required to send in a family photo along with the application. We were told at the time that Bill Githard studied each face in each picture because he believed he could discern the character of each one by looking at their countenances and this predict problems families and problem children. A year or so later we met a mixed race couple who was initially rejected into the program because they were mixed race and that that was another reason for the photos. Eventually they were allowed into the program but on probation.

And that is not the first time I've heard stories of interracial couples being denied.

That sounds like the Nazis and having to prove ones Aryan descent.

Zillow also lists dates house was sold:

Last Sold: Sep 1997

Someone helping their adult children and spouses get on their feet if they can doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that they advertise this way of life and promote it both through their "ministry" and ATI conferences all the while covering the fact that they do NOT I fact leave and Cleve.

I'm not harping in Josh and Anna. Their problems are not unique. Many young couples struggle in the beginning. It's the strict confines with their lifestyle that exacerbates( extreme procreation) the issue and does not Allow ways to circumvent hard times I.e., 2 income household.

It appears these second generation fundies are not taught critical thinking and do not have a worldly view on life that their born again fundy parents may have, they are setting them up for really hard times. Parents don't live forever, neither do some spouses. Also, when does it stop? Maybe they can help 1-15 but what about the rest?

Ok rant done. ...

If that is accurate, the fakejoshduggar statement can't be true.

Unless that's not the correct house.

It may take awhile for Zillow to update, not sure on that though.

I think it was actually for rent though, because in the description it says "Available May 1, 2013" and an availability date wouldn't be listed if it was a home for sale.

That sounds like the Nazis and having to prove ones Aryan descent.

The detail about JB attending Christian schools as a child always made me wonder about how the Duggars view race. In case you didn't know, there was a big to-do in the 1970s and 80s about private Christian schools for white children that were set up for the sole purpose of dodging integration. Many people (myself included) believe that the controversy over Christian schools is where the religious right really originated, rather than Roe v. Wade, because it wasn't until the mid-1980s that Protestants became really active in the anti-abortion movement (before then, it was just seen as a weird Catholic thing). The landmark court case Bob Jones University v. United States and Goldboro Christian Schools v. United States in 1983 extended integration into private schools, and caused racist fundies to scream about how their right to discriminate was being trampled on.

The detail about JB attending Christian schools as a child always made me wonder about how the Duggars view race. In case you didn't know, there was a big to-do in the 1970s and 80s about private Christian schools for white children that were set up for the sole purpose of dodging integration. Many people (myself included) believe that the controversy over Christian schools is where the religious right really originated, rather than Roe v. Wade, because it wasn't until the mid-1980s that Protestants became really active in the anti-abortion movement (before then, it was just seen as a weird Catholic thing). The landmark court case Bob Jones University v. United States and Goldboro Christian Schools v. United States in 1983 extended integration into private schools, and caused racist fundies to scream about how their right to discriminate was being trampled on.

From what I saw of the visit Michelle and the kids made to their local elementary school, it was almost all white. I'm not sure if Jim Bob would have attended school in this same district or if they had some kind of busing program in the 1970s and 1980s. But the overall impression I get is that the area where the Duggars live is mostly white. If they lived closer to Little Rock, it would be a different story.

If that is accurate, the fakejoshduggar statement can't be true.

It is not true. Public records indicate the house has been owned by the same two men since 1997.

Here's the website for JimBob's school. It was founded in 1976 and happens to have the name of a Civil War battle.

shilohsaints.org

Here's the website for JimBob's school. It was founded in 1976 and happens to have the name of a Civil War battle.

shilohsaints.org

Without knowing the local politics of the town, it's difficult to say under what circumstances the school was established. One thing that is true is that white Southern Protestants were uniformly in favor of public schools until the Civil Rights Movement. They disliked Catholic schools, because they viewed them as impediments to immigrant assimulation and a challenge to the Protestant status quo. Once this status quo began to be challenged in the 1950s, they suddenly became sold on the virtues of pariochial schools.

I think that they (the Duggars) are the more subtle racists, like many families that I met in ATI. They would let their kids play with black children, but they raised their kids with revisionists history about how wonderful the South was in the past, how slaves were treated nice and how the big bad North should have just left the South alone because the slaves really liked being slaves.

The Duggars must have one of my old history schoolbooks from when I was in grade school. There was a chapter on the Civil War, and a section on how the South 'really' was back then. Apparently the male slaves worked happily in the fields while singing bible songs, and the women were thrilled to be cooking and cleaning on the main estate, while their children played happily on the grounds with the white children. And if a slave was ill, the plantation bigshot's wife would take the sick slave hot soup and pray with them until they got better.

Hell, even back then when I hadn't ever met a black person, I thought it was bullshit.

...an availability date wouldn't be listed if it was a home for sale.

Not always true. My ex and I rented a house that was for sale, under the condition that we move out within 30 days of the house selling. We lived there almost a year, the house sold and we moved. However, when we were first told about the house we knew from the start that it was for sale.

Interesting that JimBoob's old school has a dress policy that prohibits dresses and skirts - trousers only! The opposite of the Duggar's Christian dress policy...

Interesting. I'm surprised the the kids weren't given the option to go to a Catholic school. Aren't Boob and J'Chelle all about teaching about the Bible, and stuff like that? I bet they'd get a better education too. What J'Chelle calls education, is really fake TV BS. Yeah, let's sit my ADD/ADHD son in front of a computer for hours, and see where that gets him.

Archived