IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this doesn't count because she's not fundie anymore, but Bailey from Big House in the Little Woods just got engaged. The wedding is next spring after she finishes college. She was always one of my favorite bloggers and I'm so happy to see how things have turned out for her.

On 16.12.2015 at 0:21 AM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Maybe this doesn't count because she's not fundie anymore, but Bailey from Big House in the Little Woods just got engaged. The wedding is next spring after she finishes college. She was always one of my favorite bloggers and I'm so happy to see how things have turned out for her.

I love her blog and find her journey to be really fascinating. She does seem to be kinds liberal now!

2 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

I love her blog and find her journey to be really fascinating. She does seem to be kinds liberal now!

She's marrying a Catholic, and she says in the comments she's currently interested in the Orthodox church. I love her writing; I think she'll go far.

No word who it is but Abbi Sanders' Facebook cover picture indicates she's gone a courtin'. 

Two Sanders girls found boys. I am still shocked.

How old is the youngest Sanders Girl? 19?

They either marry her off quickly after her sisters or she has to stay with her parents and run the household.

58 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Couldn't find it posted here, but Mercy Morecraft got married back in October. Ten bridesmaids and ten groomsmen.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156128066945150&set=a.10151072242660150.780936.777380149&type=3&theater

Good catch!  I'd heard about this wedding and know some of the guests, but I didn't know it had been shown publicly anywhere. I'd classify the parents as fundie, but I actually think Mercy is more laidback. Probably fundie-lite/conservative Christian. She seems like a fun, vibrant person. Do we know anything about the husband? I've heard curiously little.

2 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Good catch!  I'd heard about this wedding and know some of the guests, but I didn't know it had been shown publicly anywhere. I'd classify the parents as fundie, but I actually think Mercy is more laidback. Probably fundie-lite/conservative Christian. She seems like a fun, vibrant person. Do we know anything about the husband? I've heard curiously little.

Mercy is the youngest child of Joe and Becky Morecraft, both of them former sycophants of Doug Phillips & beneficiaries of VF largesse in the form of subsidized or comped travel on Faith & Freedom Tours, etc. since Joe was often featured as a speaker. Despite their close association with VF, DPIAR, and all of the SAHD crap, the Morecrafts apparently had no problem with Mercy going to & graduating from from a four-year college (Columbus State in GA) where she met her now-husband. Once again, the fundie motto of "do as we say, not as we do" seems to be the order of the day.

Lest we forget the VF sycophancy, here's an entry from Becky's blog:

2011 was a landmark year for my webinars as I held the second one and published accompanying study guides. My deep gratitude to Doug and Beall Phillips, dear friends and traveling companions, warriors for King Jesus and His kingdom.

Doug+%2526+Beall%252C+Eiffel+Tower.jpg

Doug and Beall Phillips on the Seine in Paris...they are beautiful, n'est pas?

Mercy kissed Joe when he popped the question; she did not save herself for the altar. Dougie Phillips must be devastated. I wonder if he and Beall were in attendance when Joe and Mercy shared their impure, un-special-- oh, let's face it, filthy-- kiss on their wedding day. 

I know the Morecraft parents were close with VF, but I never really thought much of the children not going SAHD, etc... Not all of the folks who ran with that crowd believed every single tenet of what DPIAT was peddling.  In addition, a good many of the second generation developed their own views on things and do things differently than the parents did. 

For instance, Darby Sproul Stouffer seems to have a good relationship with her father, but she definitely doesn't  agree with all of his teachings on religious nonessentials(dress, SAHD-dom, college, etc..). I'd say the same about any of a number of less public fundies as well. The VF circle was not entirely homogenous, and there were (and are) differences in practice among families.

28 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I know the Morecraft parents were close with VF, but I never really thought much of the children not going SAHD, etc... Not all of the folks who ran with that crowd believed every single tenet of what DPIAT was peddling.  In addition, a good many of the second generation developed their own views on things and do things differently than the parents did. 

For instance, Darby Sproul Stouffer seems to have a good relationship with her father, but she definitely doesn't  agree with all of his teachings on religious nonessentials(dress, SAHD-dom, college, etc..). I'd say the same about any of a number of less public fundies as well. The VF circle was not entirely homogenous, and there were (and are) differences in practice among families.

If what you say is true about the Morecrafts et al. and their personal choices, that's great, especially for the sake of the gen2.

Nonetheless,  AFAIK, never once did the Morecrafts (or the other VF supporters you say exercised such free agency for themselves) publicly counter the execrable pronouncements of DPIAR & VF, particularly those concerning young women. Had they done so -- and, please, show me where they did so, if I'm wrong -- I'd have some respect for them. Otherwise, they were nothing but money-grubbing hypocrites, pleased to cash in on VF scams and unconcerned that those paying for the scams suffered under the harmful "teachings" they themselves had no intention of  following.

Hoipolloi is right. Joe Morecraft has been furiously distancing himself from Patriarchy, but only since the fall of VF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLFnysMe1s

He is also giving R.C. Sproul Jr. a run for his money in the “Most Boring Mini-Scandal Ever” category:

http://pastormathis.com/index.php/2015/09/01/joseph-morecraft-removed-from-presbytery-while-under-discipline/

• 2 weeks later...

Jessica Boyer ( of the Boyer sisters blog) is engaged.

sorry not linking because am on mobile and I'm too tired to figure how to do this 

4 hours ago, browngrl said:

sorry not linking because am on mobile and I'm too tired to figure how to do this 

http://boyerfamilysingersblog.com/2015/12/an-unexpected-journey/

Her fiance is called Levi Sherman and is wearing a kilt in the pictures which Jessica says will be explained later.

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

I was literally just posting the link when you put up your edit! :)

Jessica is the eldest, and is around 20, I think. They went through their blog and scrubbed a lot of the old backlinks earlier this year (including most of what was folded in from their mom's original blog), but it seems like she was 19 during their Q&A session this past Spring. Levi was at Charlotte's big birthday shindig earlier this year, and was the only man present other than the Boyer Paterfamilias to wear a kilt. 

There was a thread on FJ not too long ago about the Boyer sisters, and I remember some speculation on the girls' prospects.  I'm a little surprised at the announcement, mainly because they are all still very young. I kind of envisioned the dynamic trio duking it out for a few more years at county fairs before one of them flew the coop. 

On 1/2/2016 at 4:06 AM, SolomonFundy said:

I was literally just posting the link when you put up your edit! :)

Jessica is the eldest, and is around 20, I think. They went through their blog and scrubbed a lot of the old backlinks earlier this year (including most of what was folded in from their mom's original blog), but it seems like she was 19 during their Q&A session this past Spring. Levi was at Charlotte's big birthday shindig earlier this year, and was the only man present other than the Boyer Paterfamilias to wear a kilt. 

There was a thread on FJ not too long ago about the Boyer sisters, and I remember some speculation on the girls' prospects.  I'm a little surprised at the announcement, mainly because they are all still very young. I kind of envisioned the dynamic trio duking it out for a few more years at county fairs before one of them flew the coop. 

I was a little surprised because it seemed to happen so quickly, but young marriage is big in those circles. If I remember correctly, Levi came to their area to work for Answers in Genesis and was introduced to the Boyers through their church.

On 1/2/2016 at 0:59 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

Kimberly Fambrough is engaged to Ben Allison - per Facebook.

1 minute ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Ugh. For some  reason, it wouldn't let me write under my quote of Marian. 

At any rate, was just going to mention that I've heard the Fambrough-Allison wedding will be in late April. I have a few friends in common with Fambroughs but don't know the family myself. Who is Ben Allison?  I feel like that name is familiar but not sure why.

18 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Alyssa Campana and Samuel Morton will be getting married sometime the second week of March. 

... and Morton Grandchild #93293829 will be due in early December.

2 hours ago, darkplumaged said:

... and Morton Grandchild #93293829 will be due in early December.

Do you think the fundies purposefully plan when to get married to maximize their chances? I wouldn't doubt it.

37 minutes ago, JMO said:

Do you think the fundies purposefully plan when to get married to maximize their chances? I wouldn't doubt it.

I have thought that the Mortons, at least, might. So many of them have had babies 9, at the most 10, months after their weddings.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived