IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

Ruth is 32, going to be 33 in August. Yay; she'll likely be married at 33; Jesus' age! Happy dance! Ooops, are the Wissmanns anti-dancing too? And Ryan has done mission work in India, and her in Mongolia. This can be a great adventure.......

(singing) Saddle up your horses........(Steven Curtis Chapman song)

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad for her.  Her father made some stupid remark a while back that sounded like she was past the expiry date, it was really mean and degrading!

4 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Ruth is 32, going to be 33 in August. Yay; she'll likely be married at 33; Jesus' age! Happy dance! Ooops, are the Wissmanns anti-dancing too? And Ryan has done mission work in India, and her in Mongolia. This can be a great adventure.......

As they keep marrying off their daughters--will the WIssman family band eventually have to break up?

5 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

I am glad for her.  Her father made some stupid remark a while back that sounded like she was past the expiry date, it was really mean and degrading!

I remember that. It was in the video of one of their concerts or something. What an asshole.

Slightly off topic but I noticed on the Wissmann blog that Rachel and Alan named their baby Kendrick. I was disappointed to see his middle name isn't Lamar.

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 3:10 AM, hollyandivy said:

What did he say?

I don't quite remember, it was in some video, I have more time tonight, I will see if I can find it then!

Found it!

Click on the thread, it's all there!

Thanks, hollyandivy! Now I know why I have always thought Pa Wissmann looks mean. Such another lovely family leader and patriarch...

3 hours ago, maple802 said:

Looks like the Staddons just posted an "advertisement" video for another of their unmarried children, James.

He likes washing dishes, fundy maidens!  You could do a lot worse, ladies, get in line!

Will spinster Esther be next up in the video playlist?

On 3/30/2016 at 2:13 PM, BullyJBG said:

I know what song will be running through my head all night when I can't sleep! LOL.

Hadn't thought of that one in...ages!

Well, or now...:music-singing:

We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die...for the sake of the call...

Really though, I hope Ruth is happy...and continue to hold out hope seeing some of these older Wissman girls marry will mean hope for Sarah M, especially!

I recently fell down the Ehlinger/Wahlquist rabbit hole & the Hales/Smiths/Schattes turn up occasionally on their blogs but I hadn't really followed up on them.

The Smith's blog makes them look pretty boring but,on second thought,it might be that they're just not as skilled at dressing it all up as the others. Does anyone know how old they all are?

1 hour ago, love2scrap said:

Abbi Sanders seems to be dating a British young man and from the comments on her profile photo, apparently was in the UK... 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009429190274&sk=friends&pnref=lhc

This is fascinating to me. Had a glance at his profile on fb and he's got pictures at Revolution, which is a standard Bar in the UK. He seems like a perfect Uni Lad to me, and he's clearly got lots of female friends etc. Hardly the sort of fundie family you'd expect. I really feel like the Sanders/Roberts family are throwing of the fundamentalism lately. Such a change from their earlier lives. 

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Are these the Smiths of S'Morton fame? I can't keep my Smiths straight!

Nope.  These are the ones who had only one married daughter out of 9 adult children just a few years ago and then their oldest daughter Melissa got married at 38 and the youngest, David got married that same year.  Their sister, I think Amanda is now engaged to a man who looks much older and they have this one courting.  Looks like they're getting a move on it.

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Nope.  These are the ones who had only one married daughter out of 9 adult children just a few years ago and then their oldest daughter Melissa got married at 38 and the youngest, David got married that same year.  Their sister, I think Amanda is now engaged to a man who looks much older and they have this one courting.  Looks like they're getting a move on it.

Thanks. I remember those Smiths as well. :)

On 4/1/2016 at 6:07 PM, maple802 said:

Looks like the Staddons just posted an "advertisement" video for another of their unmarried children, James.

Oh my. I didn't know photography could be so defrauding. Thank goodness he's there to provide WHOLESOME instruction on how to use a camera in mediocre fashion...

21 hours ago, Pixie_Ham said:

This is fascinating to me. Had a glance at his profile on fb and he's got pictures at Revolution, which is a standard Bar in the UK. He seems like a perfect Uni Lad to me, and he's clearly got lots of female friends etc. Hardly the sort of fundie family you'd expect. I really feel like the Sanders/Roberts family are throwing of the fundamentalism lately. Such a change from their earlier lives. 

He looks like a totally normal guy, who goes to bars, has fun and enjoys being young. I wonder if he knows what he is signing up for?! And I'm really curious how they met and where they are going to live. Basically the whole story. I hope LL will blog about it on vitafamiliae since the Sanders blog is down for years now.

• 2 weeks later...

We can add Tori, Trace, and Carlin Bates to the list.

This thread has been quiet too long.  Spring is upon us!  We need some fundie courtships/engagements and weddings!

Seriously, I want a fundie mixer.  Kool aid, cookies, name tags and awkward getting to know you games.  The dads would be there to shepherd there sheltered daughters around.  JB would be in his element!

On 3/2/2016 at 2:44 AM, lonedn said:

Daniel Staddon (Robert Staddons little brother) is engaged to Kathryn Neely, per Robertstaddon on instagram. Cute couple!

Where is the courtship story  that the Staddon blog promised us 6  weeks ago??? Is there trouble in courtship land??

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived