IGNORED

We are staying in a Fundie house overnight...

homeschoolmomma1

And yet you are shamelessly accusing other people of hypocrisy?

The selective snark or gossip on certain conditions, not during but after the stay is ok, that's hypocrisy to me. Again we all love a good fundie story and FJ is the platform to do so, regardless of the circumstances.

But, as said, my world is so uncredibly tiny :lol: :lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The selective snark or gossip on certain conditions, not during but after the stay is ok, that's hypocrisy to me. Again we all love a good fundie story and FJ is the platform to do so, regardless of the circumstances.

But, as said, my world is so uncredibly tiny :lol: :lol:

I get why you feel that way- either it is or it isn't. I guess it seems more like you are sharing a personal experience when you recount it from a distance. Make sense?

I wouldn't see the problem with staying at a fundie's house and then reporting back on general things... like, "Wow, we stayed over at a fundie family's house. They got up at 6 o'clock every morning, and they had Bible study for two hours in the evening!" That's fine because it provides no personal details - no names, addresses, pictures. For me it crosses the line when you're posting about how dreadful and boring people are when you're currently staying in their home, and acting like you're a spy in their house to report back to a snark board about them.

I don't know. It's funny, we all draw a line somewhere and sometimes we don't realize why until we're called upon by other people to justify it. I totally agree with OKToBeTakei's post above about grey areas. I think the OP's posts definitely fall into that grey area: she wasn't necessarily doing something WRONG, but maybe in poor taste.

I get why you feel that way- either it is or it isn't. I guess it seems more like you are sharing a personal experience when you recount it from a distance. Make sense?

Yes, sort of.

And other than that, It feels a sort of akward when people wrist slap somebody because she doesn't snark in the proper way or time, on a snark forum if you please.

There are many things I personally don't do and yet I am fine when somebody else does it. Swearing comes to mind, I never swear, but I couldn't care less if somebody else does.

I thought she was taking a break from Free Jinger? Did I misread that thread?

Her break only garnered 3 replies. I am thinking she decided it wasn't worth it. *read: it didn't bring enough attention*

Her break only garnered 3 replies. I am thinking she decided it wasn't worth it. *read: it didn't bring enough attention*

She takes a break from this particular thread.

She takes a break from this particular thread.

Yes, she has said she is taking a break from this thread, but she also originated a post on the 8th (3 days prior to originating this post) saying that she was taking a break from FJ as a whole.

She had a whole thread in Chatter about how she was taking a break from Free Jinger because she was in a slump and didn't think it was funny to criticize people anymore. Looks like her break lasted about 45 min.

Sometimes I throw up. (That's from a kids' movie, said completely out of the blue. This thread cracks me up and the comment seemed apt, somehow.)

She had a whole thread in Chatter about how she was taking a break from Free Jinger because she was in a slump and didn't think it was funny to criticize people anymore. Looks like her break lasted about 45 min.

She makes an exception for people who are hosting and feeding her family. :whistle:

Sometimes I throw up. (That's from a kids' movie, said completely out of the blue. This thread cracks me up and the comment seemed apt, somehow.)

Ice Age :lol:

PpOqu6qJ4T8

Ice Age and all of the ones that follow are kids movies that I don't mind watching.

PpOqu6qJ4T8

Ice Age and all of the ones that follow are kids movies that I don't mind watching.

Thank you for posting that! I'd forgotten the wild ass part too. Seriously, I'm rolling. :lol:

It didn't ping my radar because I have close family that would be similarly awful hosts. Bedtime, crappy food, being woken up in the morning, being reminded of how costly the visit is.. all of that. They aren't fundies so swap out the long ass bible study for hours of forced Fox news family time. :lol: They are just general control freak ass hats.

[list=]

One of my mom's customer's kid has two sets of fraternal twins. She stopped having children after the second set, lol.

That makes sense. If a woman tends to hyper-ovulate or double ovulate ( or whatever the correct term is ) , most will probably stop after the first or second set of multiples. So there might be a lot more families with lots of multiple births if everyone was quiver full, or just wanted a huge family.

I do see your point, but to me, the fact that the family expected and received payment makes it less of a "favor" and more of a "business transaction," like staying in a hotel.

Ok, something similar sort of happened to me. My mom was invited to her client's house in the Hamptons. Big, nice house, pool, everything. We (sisters, parents and I) stayed there for free, and then the day before we left, we were told that we had to clean the bathrooms.

Who does that? Yes, I think guests should be expected to keep things clean but to clean the bathrooms? really? she had people for that.

Ok, something similar sort of happened to me. My mom was invited to her client's house in the Hamptons. Big, nice house, pool, everything. We (sisters, parents and I) stayed there for free, and then the day before we left, we were told that we had to clean the bathrooms.

Who does that? Yes, I think guests should be expected to keep things clean but to clean the bathrooms? really? she had people for that.

You are all invited to my house, the bathroom, kitchen and bedrooms could use a good scrub......

Maybe we should all go stay at Zsu's. Bet she could use a good scrub

Maybe we should all go stay at Zsu's. Bet she could use a good scrub

Latraviata has liquor and a cute neurorad. Her house wins. *goes off to pack the tea tree oil*

Archived