IGNORED

We are staying in a Fundie house overnight...

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you make the beautiful dresses with the amazing smocking? I'll clean your toilets for a week if you will teach me how. I am in awe of people who can do that.

Don't you make the beautiful dresses with the amazing smocking? I'll clean your toilets for a week if you will teach me how. I am in awe of people who can do that.

Yes I do. I learned how to smock from the nuns about a 100 years ago.

When I started to smock again I had to reload my smocking skills. Thank god for the American/Australian smocking websites, turorials and the like.

It isn't that difficult to learn and for me it is an excellent grief therapy. Doing some smocking while I listen to opera does the trick for me.

Thank you for the compliment and I'll be happy to teach/support you in your effort to become a master smocker!

It didn't ping my radar because I have close family that would be similarly awful hosts. Bedtime, crappy food, being woken up in the morning, being reminded of how costly the visit is.. all of that. They aren't fundies so swap out the long ass bible study for hours of forced Fox news family time. :lol: They are just general control freak ass hats.

I didn't cotton on at first because of the Nice family, who belonged to our mainstream Christian church and moved to #college town, where I didn't know anybody else. Something came up and my dorm wasn't going to be available for a few days after my scheduled arrival time. I couldn't change my plane ticket without paying extra, so I asked the Nices if they had a couch I could crash on. They sure did. And small amounts of food for me to eat (went to bed hungry, woke up ravenous, every day I was there), but hey, Mr. Nice was in grad school and they had three kids. And very strict rules about curfew and cussing, but again, kids. I volunteered to bag trash and scrub counters because they were putting me up on short notice, but they insisted that I was a guest.

The written bill for $200 sure was a Nice surprise!

Archived