IGNORED

Who's Responsible for the Possible Gov't Shutdown?

GolightlyGrrl

I suspected she was a former member/troll who had come back under a sock to stir up trouble. But since she didn't know how to create a sock without being found out that obviously wasn't true.

I wondered the same thing. She/he seemed to know all the right buttons to push and get folks riled up but since she/he flubbed the sockpuppet thing, so much for that theory.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe she (he?) thought that since she's in Jamaica (Iowa?) she wouldn't be caught? Because that's not where she registered the HGR username? I'm sure she can blame Obamacare or government employees receiving paychecks handouts for her inability to successfully create a sockpuppet, er, I mean for her friend/husband/cousin to get a FJ account.

Anyway. Did the backpay bill pass? I know that's a good thing, but I'm wondering what that's going to do if the employees aren't getting their paycheck until who-knows-when.

Anyway. Did the backpay bill pass? I know that's a good thing, but I'm wondering what that's going to do if the employees aren't getting their paycheck until who-knows-when.

The backpay for federal employees (not contractors) did pass, but they won't get it until after they are back to work - at least that is my understanding. (My sister is "furloughed" federal employee).

I've been seeing some discussion that Sen. Cruz's father is Fundy / Dominionist and this is part of the dominionist project.

www.atthreshold.org/2013/10/04/is-christian-dominionism-behind-the-government-shutdown/

www.huffingtonpost.com/morgan-guyton/the-theology-of-governmen_b_4020537.html

She did? She's even more stupid than I thought! She breaks the rule which is repeatedly emphasised here, so she can't say she didn't know - stupid. What did she want socks for? To back up her opinion - stupid.

LOL. I guess that's why she mentioned she would be out of town and her brother would be in her house. Then she could claim that she wasn't socking...IT WAS HER BROTHER. He just happened to want to register for a random message board that's been available for years while he was housesitting for someone else :evil-eye:

LOL. I guess that's why she mentioned she would be out of town and her brother would be in her house. Then she could claim that she wasn't socking...IT WAS HER BROTHER. He just happened to want to register for a random message board that's been available for years while he was housesitting for someone else :evil-eye:

That is exactly what I thought when she said that. Not only was it a mean troll, it was also rather stupid and transparent.

Lordy, if someone is going to troll, can they at least keep the stories straight and half way believable?

That is exactly what I thought when she said that. Not only was it a mean troll, it was also rather stupid and transparent.

Honestly? I thought she was saying that we shouldn't all try to break into her house and steal all her stuff because someone was going to be there.

But I'm a little weird about announcing online when I'm going out of town and the house will be empty. Most times I don't mention we're gone until we're actually back.

For some reason, I thought she was implying that we were going to seduce her brother. Then I thought she was implying we were going to break into her house. Because that is what liberal internet posters do when insulted?

I thought she was saying that her brother was going to be there so none of us better break into her house. I bet, though, she was going to try and set it up so if she got caught as a sock she could blame it on him. Wasn't there one troll who did that already? SheWhoLaughs? Said it was her husband or something and then said she was coming back and none of us would figure out it was her?

ETA: I bet HGR will eventually end up on an anti-FJ site claiming she got banned for being a Republican. She will refuse to give her username or any identifying details so that people can look into it and see that she is lying. It amuses me when people do that because they ALWAYS refuse to say who they were here they just complain that they got unfairly banned.

Wasn't there a poster who got pissed off and had her own anti-FJ blog for about 5 minutes? I don't remember if she flounced or was banned, but she claimed to be African American, and had about the same views as HGR. This was during the Yuku era, and there was some speculation that it was someone who regularly trolled FJ. Milkshake Mama or something. I'm pretty foggy on the details.

EtA: if I was actually on vacation in Jamaica, nobody would hear a peep from me until after I got back. Not that y'all aren't a fine bunch of folks, but I can think of a lot better things to do in Jamaica than read a message board.

Wasn't there a poster who got pissed off and had her own anti-FJ blog for about 5 minutes? I don't remember if she flounced or was banned, but she claimed to be African American, and had about the same views as HGR. This was during the Yuku era, and there was some speculation that it was someone who regularly trolled FJ. Milkshake Mama or something. I'm pretty foggy on the details.

EtA: if I was actually on vacation in Jamaica, nobody would hear a peep from me until after I got back. Not that y'all aren't a fine bunch of folks, but I can think of a lot better things to do in Jamaica than read a message board.

I lurked then, I remember her! She posted two blog entries and then quickly disappeared.

I do remember that! I think she was mad because we mocked Crystal Paine (Money Saving Mom/Biblical Womanhood).

Crystal herself had to come over here and sort it out.

I do recall her being African-American. I wish I could remember her name.

She posted a couple of blog entries and then ran out of steam.

Who can fight the vagina hive?

It is with a heavy heart that I announce homegirlruby's entry into the Prayer Closet for attempting to register socks. :shock:

I'm certain you will all join me in celebration of her upcoming spiritual rebirth. :whistle:

So she's supposedly enjoying a fabulous vacation in Jamaica yet has time to register sock puppet accounts? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeez, why do people make socks without disguising their IP address? I'm too lazy to do it these days (the only times I've really used proxies were when I was out of the country and wanted a US IP for hulu and the like), but it's pretty easy, and you're already going to the trouble of making extra accounts just to defend your position on a message board. That seems like such a pointless thing to do. :lol:

Honestly? I thought she was saying that we shouldn't all try to break into her house and steal all her stuff because someone was going to be there.

But I'm a little weird about announcing online when I'm going out of town and the house will be empty. Most times I don't mention we're gone until we're actually back.

I initially thought that was her intent as first as well. Then when taking another look and witnessing how the discussion was going, I then saw it as her trying to come up with a story to cover her can when the socks appear to side with her.

There was some "expert" on Fox News (happened to walk past tv while dad was watching). He was trying to say that the government wasn't really shut down, that 83% of the federal government was still working. Whether or not his number was correct, you could kind of assume that most of the government was still working. I guess he was hoping the average Fox viewer wouldn't/couldn't do the math, because 17% is one in six. One in six is not working. If one in six were predicted to get the flu this winter, people would be running to Walgreens for a flu shot. If one in six teens admitted to doing {your favorite naughty activity}, there would be much discussion and finger-pointing. But one in six temporarily unemployed? Not worth getting excited about.

There was some "expert" on Fox News (happened to walk past tv while dad was watching). He was trying to say that the government wasn't really shut down, that 83% of the federal government was still working. Whether or not his number was correct, you could kind of assume that most of the government was still working. I guess he was hoping the average Fox viewer wouldn't/couldn't do the math, because 17% is one in six. One in six is not working. If one in six were predicted to get the flu this winter, people would be running to Walgreens for a flu shot. If one in six teens admitted to doing {your favorite naughty activity}, there would be much discussion and finger-pointing. But one in six temporarily unemployed? Not worth getting excited about.

That "expert" can kiss my shiny metal ass. The same experts said this wouldn't impact the military. My husband's National Guard duty was cancelled this month and his GI Bill for next month will likely not arrive next month if this goes on until the end of the week. His surgery for the combat related back injuries has been delayed. And don't get me started on the fact that we are on month 14 of waiting for his disability claim to be processed. I can guarantee that process hasn't been made faster by the shutdown. Our income is hovering around the 400 dollar mark this month because of this mess. I can't even begin to figure that budget out.

Sorry for the rant. I am tired. I am pissed and I am scared.

I hate that these people can't seem to get their head out of their ass for even a second to see what's really going on. Furloughs affect more than just the furloughed employees. And if only one in six are out of work, then why on earth are the USGS and USDA websites out (those are just the ones I've visited). Ugh! What I've found, at least with my assholian coworkers, is that they'll hear a number and twist it to whatever they want. Maybe 83% of employees at ONE agency/department are excepted or exempted from furloughs. I've never watched FOX news but have seen Saturday Night Live skits where they list a shit-ton of corrections at the end of the segment - maybe there's some truth to that ha

I hate that these people can't seem to get their head out of their ass for even a second to see what's really going on. Furloughs affect more than just the furloughed employees. And if only one in six are out of work, then why on earth are the USGS and USDA websites out (those are just the ones I've visited). Ugh! What I've found, at least with my assholian coworkers, is that they'll hear a number and twist it to whatever they want. Maybe 83% of employees at ONE agency/department are excepted or exempted from furloughs. I've never watched FOX news but have seen Saturday Night Live skits where they list a shit-ton of corrections at the end of the segment - maybe there's some truth to that ha

I don't see how that 83% number can be correct. The *entire* dept of justice is shut down. Even the Assistant Attorney General, who came in to have a town hall meeting with my husband's group made a point of saying that s(he) was being furloughed if the shutdown happened. I don't know off the top of my head the total number of employees that work for the dept of justice, but it's a pretty large number. In my husband's area alone there are about 250 people.

The federal court system is also shut down, that is another huge number of employees that is separate from DoJ. EPA is shut down and they have thousands of employees, as well.

I initially thought that was her intent as first as well. Then when taking another look and witnessing how the discussion was going, I then saw it as her trying to come up with a story to cover her can when the socks appear to side with her.

That makes sense to me now... I thought it was a "don't come rob my house and pawn off my things to pay for the healthcare you simply don't want to bootstraps-work for!" sort of thing, but the excuse for sock puppets makes sense too.

I think if one person who has a job, and wants to work is furloughed because congressional republicans can't pull their heads out of their asses, that's one person too many. These aren't people who want handouts, ffs. They are people who want to do their jobs, and earn the paycheck that their families count on.

I think if one person who has a job, and wants to work is furloughed because congressional republicans can't pull their heads out of their asses, that's one person too many. These aren't people who want handouts, ffs. They are people who want to do their jobs, and earn the paycheck that their families count on.

I'm sick of hearing the nutters bitch about our government employing "non-essential employees" and then whining that these folks aren't on the job providing services to the nutters. :angry-cussingblack:

Archived