IGNORED

Baptist Temple Ousts Boy Scouts

stacyf

I know they disagree with the newest policies and I guess they feel they are right but if I was in their shoes I would try to kill them with kindness and show a true Christian acceptance rather than kick them to the curb. My nephew is a member of a church (Congregational) sponsored troop that is fully endowed by the church, he also has a lesbian troop leader. I think it is a great balance for him and I am happy to see the scouts headed in the correct direction but I believe they have a ways to go to complete the trip.

Link to article: http://www.adn.com/2013/08/08/3014921/b ... orage.html

Oh yeah Jerry Prevo is a nut case and has been for as long as I remember. He has had some issues with tax evasion and is generally viewed as a pretty big asshole by those not associated with his church.

Congregation Beth Shalom is next door and offered the Boy Scouts space. I guess a few of the boys dropped out/were pulled out by their parents anyway.

Prevo is not a nice person. He is a blight on the community and owns a bunch of houses that he doesn't pay taxes on because they are "part of the church."

Archived