IGNORED

XGay Greg and DeDe - The Magic Continues - Part 6

happy atheist

There are crazy sects of the Lutheran church, of which I am most familiar. The Missouri Synod (pronounced: senid) is fucking insane. They have been known to speak in tongues.

Edit: I should say "crazier" sects. The Lutherans are just as fucked up as the rest of the religions.

I have never encountered a charismatic LCMS congregation. I had no idea such a thing existed! In my experience (Midwestern LCMS since birth), speaking in tongues or otherwise disrupting the service would get a serious side-eye. :naughty: I suppose there are different "flavors" of every denomination.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once attended a catholic women's meeting (called Dove). Scariest thing since my first (and last) confession. There was speaking in tongues. My (convert) friend and I could hardly stay awake for much of it (She was none months pregnant and I had six month old twins) and when hey started speaking in tongues it was all we could do not to wet ourselves/ laugh/leave. I did not know we did that. Never again.

I have never encountered a charismatic LCMS congregation. I had no idea such a thing existed! In my experience (Midwestern LCMS since birth), speaking in tongues or otherwise disrupting the service would get a serious side-eye. :naughty: I suppose there are different "flavors" of every denomination.

Haha! I was east coast LCMS and while the particular church we belonged to was as close to fundie as you could get without being IFB, there was no unscripted talking in the service by the sheep-- only the pastors spoke, unless we were reading from the hymnal or Bible. However, I will agree that the Missouri Synod is fucking insane, since I grew up soaking in it. Blech.

From xgay's public Fb:

So apparently, they're still together and branching out to include KFC in their missionary/harassment work. Who are these people who are "ministering" to xgay and Dede? I'm especially interested in the fact that a priest from a liturgical church decided to pick them up. It wouldn't surprise me if their next scheme is to become "victim souls" so they can fleece Catholic miracle seekers.

This entry has now been deleted from Greg's facebook. I wonder why he keeps deleting this shit. It had been up forever. Actually, now that I am looking he has done a thorough scrubbing of his fb page. What a relief that he's putting his time to such great use! :roll: Go get a job Greg.

Haha! I was east coast LCMS and while the particular church we belonged to was as close to fundie as you could get without being IFB, there was no unscripted talking in the service by the sheep-- only the pastors spoke, unless we were reading from the hymnal or Bible. However, I will agree that the Missouri Synod is fucking insane, since I grew up soaking in it. Blech.

I was raised ELCA Lutheran (it was LCA at the time) but we had both LCMS and WELS family members plus knew plenty of fellow congregation members that switched to or from LCMS and yes, the churches can vary from being very conservative and near fundy to more liberal (LCMS that is). There were LCMS churches that forbade non LCMS members from taking communion in the church and others that were "come on down!" at communion.

My husband was raised LCMS and he reports his church was pretty liberal until there was a huge wave of conservatism and his pastor was thrown out. His family left at that point. When the Lutheran churches in America were working on a new hymnal in the late 70's / early 80's, the LCMS synod was involved but at some point backed out.

I always thought the synod could be crazy but you could find a church that was a pocket of sanity and hope it lasted for a while after you joined.

This entry has now been deleted from Greg's facebook. I wonder why he keeps deleting this shit. It had been up forever. Actually, now that I am looking he has done a thorough scrubbing of his fb page. What a relief that he's putting his time to such great use! :roll: Go get a job Greg.

I think that too much talk about them being crazy, homeless panhandlers is problematic for DeDe's ever seeing her kid again. Whoever pointed that out originally hit the nail on the head, I think. And they may post without realizng what it looks like (or he may and she may then explain to himthe error of his ways.)

Most license plates around here are 3 numbers and 3 letters. For example, 123 ABC. There are lots of them that are some combo of numbers and then XGG. It always makes me thing of Not XGG. And when I see license plates reading XGC or XGA or XGsomething, I try to make up a word that would fit XGG and Dsquared. It's a mildly entertaining endeavor on my daily commute.

Dede's songs are hilarious :D

"Dede sings original music like:

Keep Your Clothes On

Estrogenical Man

The Fart Song

Thug Luv"

This does not seem like song titles made by a fundie who is writing Christian music, but more songs made up by a bunch of 12 year olds, or the kind of band that sings really filthy songs about sex and bodily functions for shock value.

I think this us where she actually is in the maturity scale. I don't remember anything that proves differently. I think she was dropped on her head at some point in her past.

Good thing I spent an entire day combing through his Facebook and c&p'ing all the crazy. Thanks to the Internet, it will live forever.

I think this us where she actually is in the maturity scale. I don't remember anything that proves differently. I think she was dropped on her head at some point in her past.

Yet she was somehow able to finish college. It did take five years, but she did get her LPN license eventually.

I was checking Gregg & Dede's newly sanitized FB pages (nothing new there except a Daniel Botkin video & Dee shilling for some Christian movies - Stand your Ground & Brother's Keeper). I did see that there are 2 Greg Haislips here in Greenville, SC - hopefully not exgay & exsane!

I was checking Gregg & Dede's newly sanitized FB pages (nothing new there except a Daniel Botkin video & Dee shilling for some Christian movies - Stand your Ground & Brother's Keeper). I did see that there are 2 Greg Haislips here in Greenville, SC - hopefully not exgay & exsane!

Per Exgay's facebook, They have got involved in David's tent in DC. Dede sang, XGay acted as a human billboard.

This is a good networking opportunity for them because the nutjobs on the board of advisors for David's Tent happily launch little ministries all over the place and the all need traveling shows. I have particular heart burn with cindy Jacobs and David Butts, but that may be only because I don' tknow the rest of them.

www.davidstentdc.org/

Board of Advisors and their ministries

Sean & Kate Feucht BURN 24/7

Jon & Jolene Hamill LAMPLIGHTER MINISTRIES

Cindy Jacobs GENERALS INTERNATIONAL

Dave Butts 40 DAYS OF PRAYER

J Scott Bradshaw THE PRAYER FURNACE

Me, I'm still trying to imagine what a charismatic LCMS church would look like. Do they walk around in a big conga line while singing "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" instead of just standing up to do it? That would be pretty extreme behavior by the standards of most Missouri Synod churches I've known!

Me, I'm still trying to imagine what a charismatic LCMS church would look like. Do they walk around in a big conga line while singing "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" instead of just standing up to do it? That would be pretty extreme behavior by the standards of most Missouri Synod churches I've known!

The joke I always heard growing up was that LCMS was the only denomination that would remain seated while singing "Stand Up, Stand Up For Jesus."

Per Exgay's facebook, They have got involved in David's tent in DC. Dede sang, XGay acted as a human billboard.

This is a good networking opportunity for them because the nutjobs on the board of advisors for David's Tent happily launch little ministries all over the place and the all need traveling shows. I have particular heart burn with cindy Jacobs and David Butts, but that may be only because I don' tknow the rest of them.

http://www.davidstentdc.org/

Board of Advisors and their ministries

Sean & Kate Feucht BURN 24/7

Jon & Jolene Hamill LAMPLIGHTER MINISTRIES

J Scott Bradshaw THE PRAYER FURNACE

Greg will fit right in with those folks, because he is FLAMING.

Man, this has been so disappointing. No resolution on the miracle pregnancy, and now XGG wipes out his Facebook. Lame!

I think that they were told in no uncertain terms to shut up on FB and the internet in general

or no visits with Dede's son ever again.

I think that they were told in no uncertain terms to shut up on FB and the internet in general

or no visits with Dede's son ever again.

I don't know. It seems the only way anyone knew of the boy's whereabouts during his visit with Dede was through their FB postings. If they had stopped, her fam. would have been even more in the dark.

This screengrab is public but I blacked out some names just because... well.... why not.

WTF is this shit about?

post-315-14451998240831_thumb.jpg

I'm kind of tempted to join.

Fancy meeting another person from G'Vegas here! I don't think they are local to us. For some reason, I thought they were from GA?

Doubt it. Looks like you have to request to be added via PM.

For some fb groups moderators can add whomever they want, but any random person who wants to join has to request access.

I think you can change your permissions to not let people add you to groups, but not a lot of people do that.

That said, it would be hilarious if they were true members. :obscene-buttsway::teasing-whipyellow:

This screengrab is public but I blacked out some names just because... well.... why not.

WTF is this shit about?

[attachment=0]um.jpg[/attachment]

I'm kind of tempted to join.

Those parties are in Europe--does this mean XGayGreg and DeDe finally got that private jet they were shilling praying for?

Fancy meeting another person from G'Vegas here! I don't think they are local to us. For some reason, I thought they were from GA?

I think they were in Greenville NC when they were living with Gregg's parents. It's just interesting to find 2 local Greg Haislips - it's not a common name!

I live over in Spartanburg County, near the NC line, but I work in downtown G'ville. We have more than enough crazy fundies without the Fabulous One & his eternally pregnant bride!

Archived