IGNORED

a new one on headcovering

grantedgrant

What's amazing is this isn't the first time we've talked about women having sex with demons. Others share this belief.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incubus sex sounds pretty awesome. Is it considered adultery if you have sex with a demon?

I think I need to start reading Candy's blog...her kind of crazy sounds right up my alley!

Btw...wasn't she blog buddies with Brandy? I seem to recall Brandy being connected to a Candy who had a blog, but not sure if it is the same Candy.

Yes, Candy & Brandy were blog buddies. Then, they weren't. Then they were. Then they weren't.

You can usually tell if they're getting along by Brandy's declaration in being a head covering, dress wearing, perfect Christian. then, both talk of drama and 'bad, evil Christians' and Brandy wears jeans and goes torah observant or something, then as regular as clockwork, they're friends again. Their most recent falling out was the subject of a few of Candy's blog posts about 'true' Christians and friends and liars. It was a couple of months ago. The even unfriended each other on Facebook - this shit gets serious, let me tell you!

An incubus revelation sounds kind of fun. Where do I sign up?

Yeah me too, please. I don't know if we have any Supernatural fans in the house, but pretty much my first thought was demon blood tweaky Sam Winchester. Yes please.

Anyway... :whistle:

. . . Now I want to write a fanfic about incubi and succubi, lonely, horny, drunk, and ashamed of themselves, wandering the night, waiting for the demands of a human libido to waft across the ether. It doesn't matter whether they have to take on the shape of an ex-husband, movie star, old girlfriend, amorphous whatisit, or a frickin' dog, they'll do it, just for the chance to have some contact with another mind. Because incubi and succubi were made to have fantastic mind-blowing telepathic soul-uniting sex--but only with humans.

Fundamentalists wake up from wet dreams fretting about incubi and succubi. Meanwhile, the incubi and succubi go home and cry into the single pillow on each of their king-sized beds.

. . . What? It's at least as sane as magic anti-wet-dream hats.

Meanwhile, back in sanity land, at least one commentator has noted that "because of the angels" may be shorthand for something Paul's audience will presumably have in mind. Now, the verse about head covering is in Chapter 11. Back in Chapter 6 of the same letter, we find this (v. 2, KJV): "Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more the things of this life?" The context appears to be, "Don't take trivial disagreements between believers to the courts, but settle them within the congregation with some wise person as arbitrator."

IOW, "because of the angels" (1 Corinthians 11:10) may mean, "Look, this is not a deal breaker, let women wear something on their heads, don't make a big thing out of it okay, just set a policy already." Paul goes on to say (my paraphrase) that long hair is a covering and if people argue about it it's not an issue of This Is How We Do It In The Gathering Of The People Of God. And then he drops the subject. Another commentator notes that the word "power" in the KJV of 1 Corinthians 11:10 translates a word that refers to the power invested in a person, not the power over someone else, so that the verse can be understood, "Let her decide what to do with her own head, because we are destined to judge angels, remember what I said earlier?"

The larger context of this letter is, "How do we live our lives as Christians without being shunned or worse?" Paul's answer appears to be a consistent, "If it isn't a direct contravention of the Two Greatest Commandments, don't worry about it." The head-covering thing is just one example. In an earlier chapter, Paul advises people shopping for meat in the market not to ask whether it was symbolically sacrificed to a pagan god and then sold to the market by the temple staff, because "the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness therof." Compare this with the loud outcry over the awful, awful badness of being wished "Happy Holidays."

I do wish people who flourish Paul's credentials would actually read what he wrote!

Yes, Candy & Brandy were blog buddies. Then, they weren't. Then they were. Then they weren't.

You can usually tell if they're getting along by Brandy's declaration in being a head covering, dress wearing, perfect Christian. then, both talk of drama and 'bad, evil Christians' and Brandy wears jeans and goes torah observant or something, then as regular as clockwork, they're friends again. Their most recent falling out was the subject of a few of Candy's blog posts about 'true' Christians and friends and liars. It was a couple of months ago. The even unfriended each other on Facebook - this shit gets serious, let me tell you!

Where has Brandy gone, btw? Did she finally stop blogging? :pink-shock:

Do headcoverings also protect against zombies?

Of course not, Zombies aren't real!!! Now demon giants and fallen angels- THOSE are real!

Can't a gal toss a few Lucky Charms over her shoulder and call it good? I don't want a demon baby, but I'm not feeling the head covering thing.

In the fundy pantheon, Candy falls into the "probably mentally ill" bracket. Between the delusions, the disordered thinking, and the complete inability to find a rational thought and stick with it, she more than resembles some of the patients I tried to reason with (public hospital social work = not for the faint of heart) -- so more than anything, I worry about her children growing up and thinking that this is normal. I hesitate to pin a diagnosis on her, but if anyone knows borderlines, she strikes me as one of them.

Oh, borderline... yeah, that's a diagnosis that can be conveniently slapped on all people who do not exhibit typical symptoms for any other illness, so the diagnosis often means.... nothing at all. In this case, I personally do not see the criteria fitting very well. While her self image is certainly somewhat damaged and lacking, which probably made her chose the partner she has, nothing else seems to apply.

Candy sees herself somewhere on the autistic spectrum, if I remember correctly, she sees herself as having Asperger's, but not seeing it as a problem.

I literally have tears of laughter running down my face. Thank you, thank you, mad incubi-sex lady, you've made my evening.

Wouldn't it be extra fun for a fallen angel to do the nasty with an unsuspecting, godfearing headcovering woman under the protection under her husband's headship? I mean, you wouldn't have to corrupt the Scarlet Woman anyway, she'd be fallen already.

Oh the stupid, it hurts.

Wow. She sounds hilarious but I think her wild ideas would frustrate me sooner than later. It's a lot of fun reading what people here come up with after reading her ideas though.

My 12 year old is 5'10, with no father that anyone I know is aware of. I'm totally going with the nephilim thing. My 15 year old stepdaughter is also 5'10, and her mother covered her head, so not sure how that happened. Hmm... Maybe hubby's first wife wasn't as pure as she seemed. Does it count as cheating if it's with a demon? Come to think of it, my daughter and stepdaughter are mistaken for twins on an almost daily basis. Maybe it was the same demon? Better call Maury...

This totally isn't fair. I run around with my head uncovered all the time, and have never once been seduced by an Incubus. Do you think I can get Candy appeal on my behalf? Clearly, she has all the luck when it comes to establishing the parameters for supernatural sex.

Oh, borderline... yeah, that's a diagnosis that can be conveniently slapped on all people who do not exhibit typical symptoms for any other illness, so the diagnosis often means.... nothing at all. .

Sorry for the derail, but had to add to this: Psychiatrist Judith Herman (Trauma and Recovery; Father Daughter Incest) believes the borderline diagnosis is used mostly on women who practitioners just don't like or find too difficult to treat. According to her, it's more a diagnosis of the state of the practitioner than the client.

Which is not at all to say that crazy head-covered Candy is likable or easy to be around.

Archived