IGNORED

Raquel's latest

merrily

Her latest post shows that somebody in her life needs to sit her down and be blunt with her about how she acts. It probably wouldn't help, but she is almost 19!

The title of her post is Me and all my craziness. Raquel, nothing in the post that follows make you crazy or is really any different than many other things. Except for maybe your jealous rage at hearing your friends having fun without. That isn't normal, but it also isn't cute or endearing. It makes you obnoxious.

My room has absolutely no theme to itI have mismatched sheets, random colored blankets at the foot of my bed, and none of my furniture matches. My walls hold tons of movie and band posters. I have only one shelf of books and movies in my room

Welcome to the life of most people in college dorms. This doesn't make you special, unique or crazy. It also describes my house(minus the movie and band posters)when I first got married because we were poor and using whatever second hand stuff we could get.

I don’t have as many shoes as most people think women have. I don’t own very many skirts or dresses.

Neither do I and whole bunches of other people. Not a crazy thing at all.

I’m slightly obsessed with hoodies and own more than the average girl.

Judging from the teens/college students I see when I am out, hoodies are in style with this age group. Liking tons of hoodies isn't strange.

I use a large canvas bag as a purse (for now anyway).

This is a really hipsterish thing to do. Not weird or unique.

I rarely buy things brand new.

Welcome to the club. We formed before you were even born.

My hair is very rarely done in any pretty hairstyle

This is when of those act like I'm not pretty when I really think I am sort of things to say. As much as she poses showing off her hair it is obvious she thinks her hair is styled pretty.

I rarely paint my nails

Also not strange.

My Grandma already says that I’m ‘so skinny and need to eat more!’ I’m not a workout freak like a lot of women I know. I just feel that all that time I’d work out could be used for something much more beneficial

This is one of those fishing for compliments things she has written about. It is also a subtle dig at the people she knows who works out.

I have writer’s block at least once a month (okay, at least four times a month). And then sometimes, I have a mirage of writing ideas that come to me so quickly, I don’t always have the time to write them down.

Pretty sure she meant myriad and not mirage.

I get jealous very easily - of family, of friends. Not jealous OF, exactly. But jealous FOR. Like if I hear that you hung out with any of my best friends all day yesterday and you go on and on about how much fun you had together, blah blah blah, I’ll probably just give you the ice princess look and not talk to you for a while.

And here is where she is crazy. This isn't something she should be proud of, it is something she should be ashamed of and work on changing. If anyone dares to have fun without her she will ignore them and refuse to speak to them? Childish.

And people who you used to love suddenly think of you as an enemy. And you have to move on from them and everything you thought they were. And realize that God had put them in your life for only that short season. And pray that during that time, you could’ve somehow shown them just a glimpse of God’s love. (And I used about a million ‘ands’ in the paragraph)

And this is what is wrong with Raquel, it never enters her mind that she might be the problem, that she drives people away from her or that she was supposed to learn from others. In her mind she is never at fault. Everyone is supposed to be learning of God's love from her. It couldn't possible be that God wants her to learn about love, kindness, and humility from others.

I know one thing for sure, though. I know that my heart is in the right place

:cray-cray: Raquel is crazy, but not in the cutesy ways she thinks she is. It is in shallow, self-absorbed way that makes her unlikable.

Yes Raquel, a lot of young adults wear comfortable clothes rather than workwear, put up band posters, wear hoodies and jeans, use a canvas bag, and shop at thrift stores. In fact, that sounds like the stereotype I would put together of most 16-22 year old young women that I know/see where I live.

Her mundane points that she thinks display her uniqueness not only demonstrate her narcissism but also show me how isolated these SAHDs are. If she were able to socialize in a healthier setting (college, job) maybe she would be able to understand standard developmental milestones better. I wonder how much this affects other SAHDs too. Yes there are benefits to being able to get along with different age groups like the fundies are always touting, but there is something to be said for having a peer group experiencing the same developmental stages at the same time you are.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have writer’s block at least once a month (okay, at least four times a month). And then sometimes, I have a mirage of writing ideas that come to me so quickly, I don’t always have the time to write them down.

Pretty sure she meant myriad and not mirage.

I think mirage is the correct word, I mean her words lack substance and have brilliance only she can see, I think the word works ;) Otherwise I totally agree with you.

Did she ever manage to kill that poor horse?

She gave it away. Let's hope that the person she gave it to actually takes care of it. Raquel doesn't really do hard work and horses are hard work.

She gave it away. Let's hope that the person she gave it to actually takes care of it. Raquel doesn't really do hard work and horses are hard work.

She gave it away??? Like, as a gift?

After God gave it to HER as a special gift? Because he loved her so much?

How IS God going to feel about it, I wonder?

She gave it away??? Like, as a gift?

After God gave it to HER as a special gift? Because he loved her so much?

How IS God going to feel about it, I wonder?

Isn't it also strange how when someone gave her a horse it was actually God doing the giving but when she gave away the same horse it became her doing the giving and not God? She wouldn't give the other person credit for giving her a horse but she takes all the credit when she gave it away.

Don’t miss it. Don’t miss the moments. Don’t miss what you have right before you. You’re alive. You’re still here. There are still things you need to do, things you need to accomplish.

Maybe there’s someone you need to forgive. Someone you need to reach out to. Someone you need to get back in contact with. Someone you need to say ‘I love you’ to.

Take risks. Do the things you wish you could’ve done years ago. Learn something new. Become who you’ve always wanted to become.

Life is full of moments. You can miss them, or you can take them and make them precious memories. And not just memories for you, but for others too.

By staying at home forever waiting for her prince Charming isn't she missing out on ALL the things she could be doing? :evil-eye:

I do the jealousy thing too... It's why I'm in therapy, although I rarely ever stop speaking to people for a week. An hour or two AT MOST, even before I started therapy.

I have read all the Raquel threads and she is really out of loop with the world, it's sad. Her whole life revolves on getting a husband, I don't really "qualify" her as a fundie at all. Her desperate tweets, her ridiculous blog name, etc. She is the most self-absorbed "fundie" blogger ever. She is just such a brat and a 1000% annoying. :pull-hair:

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody! Invaluable advice on writing letters to your future husband from the sage that is Raquel.

:D

Duh I did not read the whole thing but this first paragraph is hilarious

"This is somewhat of a 'repost' of an article I wrote about a year or so ago in answer to a question I had received from a reader:

Can you give me some tips on writing to my future husband?

First of all, I've heard of people 'not agreeing' on indulging in writing to your future spouse because it can be igniting a hope in you that God may not have planned for your life. Which is true. None of us know for sure if we are going to get married or not. But just because we don't, doesn't mean we shouldn't write a collection of thoughts to him/her. You may not get married till your 78! Or you may get married next year. "

Because, of course, igniting a possible false hope is the reason people disagree with writing letters to your future spouse, not because IT'S FREAKING WEIRD. Seriously, what would you specifically say to someone who don't even know yet? It's cute if your husband reads your old diaries I guess? But letters to him? What the hack.

:(

And remember, it's completely out of our control if we marry or not. Raquel says so. So, it must be true :worship:

"You may not get married till your 78! Or you may get married next year"

Or you may never get married at all because your obsessive behavior scares all men away and you end up with stacks of letters to a person that never existed.

"You may not get married till your 78! Or you may get married next year"

Or you may never get married at all because your obsessive behavior scares all men away and you end up with stacks of letters to a person that never existed.

I feel sorry for the girl who not only wants to write a theoretical human being and not only is asking people for tips but she feels she should ask Raquel :D

I feel sorry for the girl who not only wants to write a theoretical human being and not only is asking people for tips but she feels she should ask Raquel :D

I will admit to having a "list" of attributes I wanted in a husband when I was about 16. Hubs does indeed have many of the important ones, completely lacks some of the others (what a grown up wants and what a 16 year old wants may differ) and brings to the table things I never even considered in my naive youth. That said, when my grandmother heard of it, she did a bit of mild scoffing and asked if I was doing what it took to be a good match for this imaginary "Mr. Perfect." because he'd probably have his own list. I suspect she'd have LOLed if I'd told her I was writing letters to my someday husband.

It is with great joy, pride and glory to God that I am able to officially announce that I am the lead singer in the band, WonderFall.

God has been so faithful in guiding and helping me and my bandmates to take our passion for music and our dream to start a band into something that only continues to grow and grow.

I forgot about this..... Hahaha

Yes, Raquel being able to merely announce that SHE is the lead singer of band brings so much glory to God

It's so lame when these evangelicals use God and associated labels so they can use their subpar talents and pathetic egos in a venue that is more accessible.

If she wants to have a band, be a frontwoman and have her ego fed that's fine, but she doesn't have to drag Jesus into it

Weeeeird

Extremely weird. Especially because Raquel sounds like somebody who very much would like to be whistled at by some godly young hunk of a man.

Why is she happy her brother punched a guy?? Well, thinking it through, this comes from the same girl that wants to punch a guy for no fucking reason. Her tweets are annoying me more than the usual.

"Worship music shouldn't be a genre. It should be any kind of music that lets you worship your King." But Raquel, you did a vine with a Lorde song! Lorde isn't very godly...

Let's exploit our little brothers and show off what amazing prayer warriors we are!

So her brother asked her to pray with him and before she did she set up her camera to take a picture of them praying or she handed it to someone else and told them to take a picture of them praying. The Pharisees would have been all over this idea.

So her brother asked her to pray with him and before she did she set up her camera to take a picture of them praying or she handed it to someone else and told them to take a picture of them praying. The Pharisees would have been all over this idea.

I know! I can't stand this chick. Man, I don't know what would happen if I ever had to meet her :snooty:

How To Exploit Family Members For Social Media Gain: The Guide by Raquel Duarte and Josh Duggar.

Haha! This is so lame. I guess she's fishing for one of those cool Reformed guy who have gorgeous tattoos, smoke a pipe like a boss, and have a sexy beard. Except usually these guys have noob tattoos if any, pipe smoking is probably gross to fundy girls, and those beards are reminiscent of a backwoods crazed cult leader.

post-9860-1445199871664_thumb.jpg

Archived