IGNORED

Today, 8/7, is Steve Maxwell's 60th birthday.

Justme

Wow, they throw rolls at you, that must be very exciting to the Maxwell's who get 1 bran muffin at a time. I cannot believe steve's b-day was worthy of so many posts and pics.Of course, what else do they have to post about? It was a safari and out to dinner, perfect for a 5 year old, but for a family of adults it was a bit much.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the comments, it took them a month to plan this. A MONTH. It took them a month to plan an overnight trip to a zoo and going out to eat.

According to the comments, it took them a month to plan this. A MONTH. It took them a month to plan an overnight trip to a zoo and going out to eat.

I know, I know. But these are the Maxwells we're talking about here. Baby steps, I guess. :lol:

And we now return to regularly scheduled blogging about all the work they have to do and all the 'elderly' they are blessing with their presence. Soon to be followed by cleaning and packing the bus and another road trip to spread their particular form of death worship.

This was their fun for the year. Over and out.

It's funny that it took a month to plan. What the hell did they do? Compare their plans to scripture to make sure they were not sinning?

Decide to go to a wildlife park. Since it's for a birthday, the date is pretty easy to determine since you want to do it near the birthday. Want to rent a tram for yourselves? Call up the facility and arrange it. Call a hotel nearby and reserve a few rooms. Stop at a restaurant on the way home.

Most could have planned that in ten minutes.

The restaurant had "an almost festive atmosphere?" Is that as cheerful as the Maxwells are allowed to get?

And how did it take a month to make hotel reservations, buy some zoo tickets, and decide to eat out? I could've planned the logistics of this outing in 25 minutes.

A month? When we go to the zoo (or anyplace,really) it is often a "hey we are bored...what can we do?" Talk over a few ideas "The zoo? Cool!" then we walk out the door.

It takes a month to plan because they are only given increments of 15 minutes to do anything what with their schedule and all, so yes, coordinating a trip like this for 14 people (two of them being non-voting members of the clan -- the little girls) must have taken a tremendous amount of effort what with all the time constraints and praying. Even small projects become huge projects to the Maxwells, which is ironically what they claim doesn't happen if you follow their scheduling plan.

Agreed -- John continues to defraud! One day he's probably going to find out that we talk about him this way. My guess he would laugh and then run away with a girl who isn't a virgin and be FREEEEEEE!

Beautiful photos of Sarah. Sarah, RUN! Take John and RUN! The two of you CAN have a better, more realistic life! When I saw that photo of her in the mirror, my first thought was "she deserves to be married!".

I actually went to the Lambert's website and tried to figure out what the gig was there. Yep, they throw rolls, but then they also have a menu. The photos showed the Maxwells only eating rolls, which would be so Maxwellian of them, wouldn't it? Oh, yes, we just went for the rolls.

Finally, Anna Marie looks happy in these photos. I hope she truly is.

You know, for any other family (even fundie) this trip would have merited, at the most, one blog post and some pics, mixed in with other fun and interesting stuff the family was doing.

hey, i'm drinking out of my lambert's mug right now! in addition to the free rolls, they have free "pass arounds" -veggies, mac & cheese, etc.- they bring out and dish up for the guests. i admit, i have been there and ordered a meal, then filled up on the rolls and free veggies, only to take my actual meal home.

there is always a wait of 20 minutes-1 hour, because the lot is almost always filled with church buses. we always get on the list for seating and go to the outlet mall nearby.

we should plan a fj get-together there. if we start planning now, we can meet for the winter holidays!

hey, i'm drinking out of my lambert's mug right now! in addition to the free rolls, they have free "pass arounds" -veggies, mac & cheese, etc.- they bring out and dish up for the guests. i admit, i have been there and ordered a meal, then filled up on the rolls and free veggies, only to take my actual meal home.

there is always a wait of 20 minutes-1 hour, because the lot is almost always filled with church buses. we always get on the list for seating and go to the outlet mall nearby.

we should plan a fj get-together there. if we start planning now, we can meet for the winter holidays!

It sounds like an absolutely awesome fundie-spotting place. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near a Lambert's. Probably the closest thing in my area would be Cracker Barrel, and even that's an hour+ away.

Our special dinner was planned for Lambert’s Cafe, home of the Throwed Rolls.

The Throwed Rolls -- great name for a band.

6039558002_01bc88573e.jpg

Also, wasn't it a surprise? So they had to find time to plan when Steve wasn't looming over their shoulder.

There are two adult sons in homes of their own, who went along on the surprise, who each could have made a two minute phone call and been done with it.

But this is the Maxwell family. They aren't used to planning things for fun and probably didn't even know where to start. Plus, all the comparing to scripture to make sure it's acceptable and not too sinful and not too much fun and praying about it that was no doubt involved.

Them planning this overnight venture with an animal park, hotel and restaurant probably put them over the edge. They were probably as completely befuddled as I'd be if I were to plan a weeks long road trip to spread some whacked out religious message and sell my wares -- no clue at all what to do or how how go about it.

The Throwed Rolls -- great name for a band.

6039558002_01bc88573e.jpg

In-frickin'-spired!

If this has been said, forgive me, I'm on the road w v ltd time: my guess is that they called Lambert's "almost festive" because if they'd confessed it to be a ton of fun, well...we all know THAT doesn't set well in the Maxwell-verse.

Were Anna & Chris along? I know Reversal Anna was.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I was always taught it was a sin to throw bread (something to do w/ bread = body of Christ during the Catholic mass?). If you want to elicit a horrified gasp out of Mumsy, toss a roll to your sibling at the dinner table.

It's interesting how AM and Christopher are always canoodling together in the pictures. I hope that's for real, and not just posing for the camera.

Recapping, some of these things have me scratching my head: "About 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Nathan, Melanie, and the girls had gone home to finish packing their van, but Dad didn’t know they were doing that. "

Why would this be something that Dad would know ANYWAY!?!?! Does Dad freak out if at 1:30pm on a Sunday, Nathan and Melanie are not putting the girls down for a nap? What if they decide to play with the girls instead? Hmmmm??

"Dad sat still, very comfortable and rather bewildered. He wondered where we were going." Bewildered, FJians. The man was freakin' bewildered by a surprise/change in normal routine. I would have been surprised and excited and asked what the heck was up.

"Mom had been praying for weeks about the weather, because we’ve had weeks of heat with heat indexes up over 100 most days. The Lord gave us a COOL morning: with temperatures in the lower 70′s. Praise HIM!"

Most of us would have just sucked it up, eh? Like they couldn't have done this a different day if the weather was that bad?

Poor Abby, already stuck into a denim skirt :-( Both the little girls are adorable. Anyone know what happened to Jesse? There was a comment on a picture about him recovering.

Anyone know what happened to Jesse? There was a comment on a picture about him recovering.

Was he the son who had his wisdom teeth removed?

Jesse had his wisdom teeth pulled about a week or so ago. He had five of them, so I'm sure the surgery was no picnic.

I loooove Lambert's. It is like Cracker Barrell but 1000% better. It does have a festive atmosphere - party like. Full of fundies.

I can see how they would have to plan this trip. It is quite a drive from KC to Springfield. 4 hours doesn't sound like much, but it is a yucky drive. 2 lane highway most of the way.

THe wildlife thing is not a zoo. It is a drive thru wildlife park.

THis is such a fundieland that they would not have stuck out at all......

Does anyone wonder if any one of them turned on the TV (beast) in the hotel? I mean, maybe Chris and Anna "accidentally" ordered an in-room adult movie. I wonder who rooms with whom. I assume none of the unmarried "children" can room without a parent present.

Archived