IGNORED

Today, 8/7, is Steve Maxwell's 60th birthday.

Justme

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was such a...Maxwell-ish...tribute/birthday wish.

My mom's birthday was last week and her wishes were to be happy, enjoy her day, do whatever she wants, make the most of it, celebrate her day and herself. She turned 65 and her husband got her a cake that was a copy of her Medicare card. It was freaking hilarious.

Then again, in my family, birthdays are fun and the Maxwells don't do fun.

They can sit around and cry that Steve only has 20 or so years left? Mourn him now while he is around to enjoy it.

No, no no no no no!!! Scripture clearly states that 'the years of a man are threescore and ten' = 70. Thus Steve dares not slow down, thinking he can pace himself for another couple decades. There's one left. One.

I remember that verse because my darlin' departed Big Daddy Junebug used to quote it as he neared 70. Then as he passed 70 and lived in good spirits and health for another decade, he'd quote it and say, "So all these years are a bonus!" :lol:

BDJB would've been 95 this week. Lucille Ball would've been 100. Steve's turning 60. I don't believe in horoscopes, but it is interesting to me to see how similar people seem to have birthdays around the same time.

In the case of Steve, the late, great Lucille, and my own dear dad, the similarities are: extremely strong personalities, visions and the oomph to make those visions reality; strong wills and beliefs that aren't easily changed when challenged. :D

Don't the Maxwell family make bran muffins or something as an occasional splurgey dessert? I put my money on those, as whatever celebratory comestible they produce.

I also bet the "gifts" will be recitations of undying fealty to the guy.

The Maxwells seem so incredibly bland and boring to me. Clean, read the Bible, pack books, clean Uriah, lead services, give talks and clean some more. Oh, and weep on New Year's Eve. It always surprises me when I read something about them, let alone write. Weird set-up (as BDJB would've said)!!! :)

They can sit around and cry that Steve only has 20 or so years left? Mourn him now while he is around to enjoy it.

HA! It's perfect!

Oh, Stevie, on this special day God has blessed us with, all I wish to say is:

30004_524571298467_71600317_31051940_5618792_n.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So much better than bran muffins.

BDJB would've been 95 this week. Lucille Ball would've been 100. Steve's turning 60. I don't believe in horoscopes, but it is interesting to me to see how similar people seem to have birthdays around the same time.

Boy isn't that true. Forgive the ot, but it always interested me that Michael Jackson, Prince, and Madonna were born, not only in the same year, but all within 2 1/2 months of each other. Garth Brooks and Clint Black, country stars around the same time, were born same year, same month, within a couple of weeks of each other. Again, sorry for the ot, but it's so true.

And back on topic; Happy Birthday Steve. Now free your family.

Maybe they will really live it up and make a double batch of bran muffins. Yeah.

Or maybe they added some meat to their Sunday burritos! :D

That means he graduated high school in the class of '69. Today is also the 60th birthday of the first guy that broke my heart into a million little pieces. Yes, i gave away my heart, he was also the best kisser I ever met. Hands down. He was a trumpet player.

So Steve have a happy birthday even though you are obsessed with death and dying. :violin:

In the case of Steve, the late, great Lucille, and my own dear dad, the similarities are: extremely strong personalities, visions and the oomph to make those visions reality; strong wills and beliefs that aren't easily changed when challenged.

I had the opposite reaction to Lucille Ball & Steve Maxwell. Lucy dedicated her life to bringing joy and laughter into the world, while Steve does just the opposite.

Steve Maxwell is ONLY turning 60?! My god, I thought he and Terry were much older than that (well, at least Terry)!

I hope his birthday is as delightful as he is.

My guess is that they will "celebrate" by offering individual tributes to Steve--you know, "Thanks, Dad, for modeling godly character for us, and for making me long for the sweet release of death--I mean, teaching us how important salvation is..." Perhaps they will also give him a new custom banner with a verse about death.

A couple of years ago, he refused a cake. He graciously allowed everybody to have 2 animal crackers each for a birthday dessert. :roll:

A couple of years ago, he refused a cake. He graciously allowed everybody to have 2 animal crackers each for a birthday dessert. :roll:

WTF?!?!?! :shock: That is just wrong on so many levels.

How friggin magnanimous of him to allow such depraved frivolity, and I bet they weren't the frosted ones either. What an ass.

You know he derives great pleasure from those power trips that make his family suffer even more than usual. Jack ass!

TWO animal crackers?! I hope they didn't turn them into idols with all that reckless abandon!

What a blowhard he is. What is his problem? Really, what makes someone so miserable?

Archived