IGNORED

Today, 8/7, is Steve Maxwell's 60th birthday.

Justme

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Steve wheeled it out of the room.

Like in that scene at the end of the Poltergeist movie? :D

I wonder how they did the rooms or something like this? I would assume Nathan, Melanie and the girls would be in one room. Would Steve and Terri be in one room with the unmarried boys and stick the girls in with Christopher and his Anna? I would assume they wouldn't want to get too many rooms.

I wonder how they did the rooms or something like this? I would assume Nathan, Melanie and the girls would be in one room. Would Steve and Terri be in one room with the unmarried boys and stick the girls in with Christopher and his Anna? I would assume they wouldn't want to get too many rooms.

I guess it would "have to" be Steve and the three Reversal Boys, Teri and the girls, Nathan and family, and Christopher and Anna. If they really wanted to go cheap, Christopher could stay with Steve and the guys, and Anna with Teri and the girls. It's possible they stayed in a suite-style hotel and could fit more people in fewer separate rooms.

Chris would never "accidently" turn on the boob tube. He's even more "fundie" than his father! Nate & Melanie once blogged that while she was in the hospital having 1 of her kids, they'd hear the hum of neighboring tv's, and she's memorize bible verses.

Chris would never "accidently" turn on the boob tube. He's even more "fundie" than his father! Nate & Melanie once blogged that while she was in the hospital having 1 of her kids, they'd hear the hum of neighboring tv's, and she's memorize bible verses.

If only we could get Chris to watch a marathon of Family Guy, he could see the error of his ways ... :dance:

Since this is a snark site (I am, after all, new here) can I just get one thing off my chest.

There is NOTHING that pisses me off more than fundies stating that something (trivial) worked out because they prayed for it. It annoys me to all hell that because Maxwell mom prayed for weeks for lovely weather for this rare outing it all worked out compliments of God. Of all the selfish, trivial things to ask the Big Gal for (I thing of God in the feminine). Screw world poverty, child hunger, suffering and so on....we want sunshine for daddy's birthday.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice when things work out and people have a nice day. I am not mean-spirited enough to wish them ill. But, come on, don't you think God has other things to worry about that a tad more important than a birthday party.

Okay. I feel much better now that I've said that.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it is nice when things work out and people have a nice day. I am not mean-spirited enough to wish them ill. But, come on, don't you think God has other things to worry about that a tad more important than a birthday party.

But, this is The Maxwell Family. Every single thing that happens in their life is directly from god and especially for them. God blesses them especially every single day because they are just that worthy, and important.

Since this is a snark site (I am, after all, new here) can I just get one thing off my chest.

There is NOTHING that pisses me off more than fundies stating that something (trivial) worked out because they prayed for it. It annoys me to all hell that because Maxwell mom prayed for weeks for lovely weather for this rare outing it all worked out compliments of God. Of all the selfish, trivial things to ask the Big Gal for (I thing of God in the feminine). Screw world poverty, child hunger, suffering and so on....we want sunshine for daddy's birthday.

Okay. I feel much better now that I've said that.

And I feel better reading it from someone else, no matter how many times (sadly, it comes up often here) we discuss it.

The arrogance of "I prayed for a trivial selfish thing and God gave it to me, but I am incredibly judgmental about others" never ceases to amaze me.

In-frickin'-spired!

Thanks. I know the LOLs generally snark on the person pictured, but, in this case, the snark is obviously aimed at her folks.

What a crappy life.

But, this is The Maxwell Family. Every single thing that happens in their life is directly from god and especially for them. God blesses them especially every single day because they are just that worthy, and important.

I could write a 700 page book about things that bug me about the Maxwells, this topic would be the longest chapter. The pray for the stupidest most unimportant things:

-good weather for a vacation

-getting Uriah out of a sink hole

-wisdom for writing a kids book

-for a good recording session (and I don't care what they say God DID NOT answer this request!)

Yet, the never seem to pray about anything important, like the earthquake in Japan, all the tornadoes this last spring, in fact, they don't seem to pray for anyone except themselves and to pray the rest of society becomes just like them. They are Selfish with a capital S!

Is it assumed that this occasion took so much planning because a) Mr. Maxwell has such control over the family that it's impossible to google a location, make a few phone calls & reservations or b)someone had to find away to squirrel away enough money (w/o Mr. Maxwell) knowing to pay for the events?

Yet, the never seem to pray about anything important, like the earthquake in Japan, all the tornadoes this last spring, in fact, they don't seem to pray for anyone except themselves and to pray the rest of society becomes just like them. They are Selfish with a capital S!

I would prefer if they were gracious about God providing them w/ good weather (i.e., thanking God for the good weather as opposed to seeing themselves as deserving of the good weather because they prayed for it).

I would also hope they see the big picture that maybe God provided good weather because farmers two states over are growing crops for silly reasons such as oh, feeding people?

They are very vocal about the fact that they don't read newspapers, watch or listen to news, or read it online. In short, they intnetionally isolate themselves from what is going on in the world. One of them in one of their corners said something about if anything of importance is going on, they hear about it at the grocery store or in their travles as others talk about it.

They don't want to know about any of the bad stuff in the world - that is a huge part of their intentional, obsessive isolation from people and places and any other human interaction.

They play dumb, claiming it's all for god and blah, blah, blah, and that allows them to feel just fine and dandy, thankyouverymuch, for asking others to pray for them while they write, travel, record, eat, breathe, etc...and it totally allows them to see no disconnect when the pray for good weather 'for weeks' and, oh, they get it so of course god gave it to them!

They're prime examples of how isolation leads to the edges or reality.

#1 I'm not up on the Maxwells really, so where do they live that it's some BFD to drive to Springfield and go to ex-Exotic Animal Paradise? That place used to be a major HOLE then it got shut down (maybe it's nicer now). I knew a guy once who brought home animals like monkeys and crap because they would let (untrained, non-vet/zoologist) employees bring home baby animals overnight. Seriously.

#2 I LOVE ME SOME LAMBERTS!!!! Oh man, those rolls are SO delicious. It'd definitely worth the long waits to eat there, in my book. I wonder what store they went to while they waited. There's a cheese outlet right next door IIRC.

Random question, but what exactly is Chris doing in this picture?

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DSC_9440-e1313174322674.jpg

I have to imagine it was hard to plan this family getaway and keep it from Steve. Steve keeps his nose in everyone's business except for the married boys. Perhaps Christopher or Nathan made all the plans on their home computers so Steve could not history the information.

I was surprised at the restaurant they went to. Mainly because it is a FUN place to go, and they do not do FUN. I can't imagine them actually becoming involved in the roll throwing as it resembles baseball which is a huge no-no in Maxwell-land. I am glad they went and experienced FUN for the first time in their lives--imagine if this restaurant was the only FUN you had ever experienced in life. Sad.

Abby and Bethany are adorable. Melaine is a great mom.

Anna and Chris are dressed alike again. Perhaps this is their new "thing" to be a married couple that dresses alike. I was hoping to see a little "bump" on Anna. I keep waiting for the big announcement, and was hoping it would come after their recent visit to Washington.

It looks like he and Anna are looking at the menu. Because they are blocked I can't tell if he has his hand in his mouth or what?

Nathan used to be able to play ball so maybe he caught rolls for the whole family?

It looks like he and Anna are looking at the menu. Because they are blocked I can't tell if he has his hand in his mouth or what?

Nathan used to be able to play ball so maybe he caught rolls for the whole family?

Hm, I was more curious about where his other hand is...it looks like it's somewhere in Anna's lap, not on her knee, but higher up, just seemed weird for some reason.

I really wonder what they do when it's Family Bible Time, and someone has to read something like, say, Judges 19:29. Do the grown, adult kids hand over any new Bible they purchase to Papa Maxwell first, so he can go through everything with a big black Sharpee?

When he had entered his house, he took a knife, and grasping his concubine he cut her into twelve pieces, limb by limb, and sent her throughout all the territory of Israel. -Judges 19:29

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I was always taught it was a sin to throw bread (something to do w/ bread = body of Christ during the Catholic mass?). If you want to elicit a horrified gasp out of Mumsy, toss a roll to your sibling at the dinner table.

It's interesting how AM and Christopher are always canoodling together in the pictures. I hope that's for real, and not just posing for the camera.

Baptist don't believe in transubstantiation.

Baptist don't believe in transubstantiation.

True, in fact showing "disrespect" for a measly piece of bread would be a very Christian thing to do for a Baptist fundie!

Is it assumed that this occasion took so much planning because a) Mr. Maxwell has such control over the family that it's impossible to google a location, make a few phone calls & reservations or b)someone had to find away to squirrel away enough money (w/o Mr. Maxwell) knowing to pay for the events?

Both, and c) the family is ridiculously, ludicrously anal

BAHAHAHA!!!!

I think he's biting Nathan's pinkie, because Nathan is catching the "throwed bread" and he wasn't quick enough! Jealous!!! Papa Maxwell better intervene. No bread for you! Wheat Thins for supper!!!

Archived