IGNORED

Today, 8/7, is Steve Maxwell's 60th birthday.

Justme

Guest Anonymous
Steve must have been so pissed off. Just imagine. Fun? FUN? He goes through all of this trouble to brainwash them into eschewing everything that isn't work or prayer, and they plan something FUN? I bet he silently stewed while outwardly grinning that creepy grin of his that doesn't quite reach his eyes. Imagine if they had bought him something he'd have really enjoyed, like a ride in a biplane or something. He'd have been furious.

This is an awesome post and I like it. Steve Maxwell, I do not like.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an awesome post and I like it. Steve Maxwell, I do not like.

I am sure they made godly restitution for that fun by having extra bible time, both family and personal. And then maybe some extra cleaning and shrink wrapping of their wares, all while daddy read very specific bible verses about wasting time and idols and death and focusing on the family and not entertainment.

I don't know - I think the drive-through safari was perfect. No other people to have to deal with; nothing controversial or worldly that you have to look at. They could all cocoon together in their van and do an activity together without getting sullied by real life.

Yup! Though I wonder if they saw any animals "doing it"?!?! :lol:

Yup! Though I wonder if they saw any animals "doing it"?!?! :lol:

"Look that Buffalo has climbed on the other Buffalo's rear to look over the fence"

I wonder if they got their golden Retriever Honey spayed.Alot of these folks don't believe in Spay/neuter either.

Are you serious?!

Oh,yes I am.Don't get me started.I am active in spay/neuter activities and nothing infuriates and makes my stomach churn when I read about how some let their animals breed litter after litter

I think a drive-through safari sounds fine for the age groups represented. My sister's senior year of high school she and my stepdad (he's a teacher) went to a drive-through safari type thing for a spring break day trip. It was all her idea. She was really excited about it and he liked it too. She's turning twenty this weekend, her, me, and her college buddies are going to the zoo for her birthday. Also her idea.

Plus, I totally went on one of those drive through ones when I was like 3 and can't really remember it. I wish I'd been older so I could have. I want to do one again.

Are you serious?!

I know of a woman whose "headship" applied Quiverfull philosophy to all of the animals on their ramshackle, floundering farm. They had no plan for all those cute baby horsies and doggies when they grew up and they didn't think they needed one. He also "went into the woods to pray" pretty much all the time. The wife boasted about how her young teenage daughters were doing the work of grown women. 14-year-olds should not be trying to disentagle a stallion from a wire fence. Get Mister Headship out of the woods!

Kind of like Christmas at the Maxwell's I guess.....Daddy's birthday is the biggest holiday of the year.

Yep it is the biggest holiday out of the year for the Maxwell. Daddy rules everything.

Well we have the whole scoop now about Steve Maxwell's birthday surprise.

They took him, not only to the safari, but also over night in a motel, and they rented a tram to go through the park.

Not snarking on what they did. If that's what the birthday boy would have wanted, then more power to him.

But of course, again, we have the Maxwells, special snowflakes that they are, praying for and getting cooler weather just for this trip.

Never mind people who have died in this heat (not special enough).

And, I had to laugh at bible time at the motel's restaurant. Yes, just what I want to sit next to on my vacation.

ETA: I noticed, both in these pictures, and the ones of the recent music night with "the elderly", that little Abbey is wearing a kerchief. Is it possible the Nathan Maxwells are getting into head coverings?

Yeah, whatever for their choice of entertainment. Everyone chooses what they want.

Bible study in a public area of the hotel, well, that's slightly rude.

And, if their god changed the weather to suit them, it's just one more reason for me to keep far away from him. I find it disturbing to even imagine a god who will alter the weather for a few individuals to entertain themselves but not for anyone who may actually suffer from extreme elements. But, whatever makes them feel like the perfect Christians, I suppose.

Yeah, whatever for their choice of entertainment. Everyone chooses what they want.

Bible study in a public area of the hotel, well, that's slightly rude.

And, if their god changed the weather to suit them, it's just one more reason for me to keep far away from him. I find it disturbing to even imagine a god who will alter the weather for a few individuals to entertain themselves but not for anyone who may actually suffer from extreme elements. But, whatever makes them feel like the perfect Christians, I suppose.

I'm on the road & just left a place w a breakfast area like the one they had pm Bible study. I'd say 499 times out of 500, nobody would be bothered by a MF-style study (you know there's no laughing!) would be the night desk clerks & I can *assure* you they'd prefer some snowflakes having Bible time to guests who've decided to party til they puke. Which has happened.

As to the headcovering...I was sanguine til I saw Reversal Anna & Reversal Mary w the nieces w wide headbands. It won't surprised if they go full-rag before we know it.

The good weather due to prayer -- I know they do that to encourage other believers. I doubt they know how much it offends unbelievers. Just a comment

This is the only way they're allowed to have fun is if they spring it on Dad. If someone had suggested this, he probably would have vetoed it.

As to the headcovering...I was sanguine til I saw Reversal Anna & Reversal Mary w the nieces w wide headbands. It won't surprised if they go full-rag before we know it.

I almost spit the coffee I was drinking out on this. Reversal Anna and Reversal Mary!

And, hey, I just realized, Anna (Mrs. Christopher) Maxwell can get her rightful name back if Anna (daughter of Steve and Teri) Maxwell becomes Reversal Anna.

Ha! That entry!

Finally, after Nathan texted Mom that they were ready to go, she announced, “Everyone ready?! Let’s go!†An enthusiastic response was given, and Dad sat still, very comfortable and rather bewildered.

The girls were supposed to be taking their naps.

The first stop was to fill the van’s fuel tank. It was 1/2 full, and it didn’t make sense to Dad as 1/2 tank is plenty of fuel.

Dad was still mystified, since we didn’t seem concerned about bad weather spoiling our plans.

He thought were going directly there (and returning home yet that day), but we weren’t.

He's too comfortable to move! He's bewildered! The girls are supposed to be napping! We don't need gas! The weather is too bad! We're going there and then turning right around and coming home!

All Steve's complaints DENIED. They're going to have fun whether he likes it or not, dammit!

I was right, he must have been pissed. Notice how many pictures of his smiling face there are in the birthday post. ZERO.

ETA: I noticed, both in these pictures, and the ones of the recent music night with "the elderly", that little Abbey is wearing a kerchief. Is it possible the Nathan Maxwells are getting into head coverings?

I doubt it as Melenie was not wearing any head coverings. I believe that hand scarf may be to prevent unruly hair for Little Abby. The women I've seen who've done head coverings typically cover more than what Abby covers. Abby's hanky looks more to hold the hair in place. I only think this because when I was in China, I remember some women would do that during windy days to prevent their recently permed/done hair from falling apart due to some brief errand.

Look at the reversal boy in the back, the one with the striped shirt. His hat looks like Devil Horns. :lol: I think this is the first time I've seen Steve with a "real" smile. (They always look forced, to me.)

I'm glad they had a break from the day-to-day drudgery but there will be five posts about Steve's 60th by the time the mini-series is done. Five. Those kids so desperately need a life.

I'm glad they had a break from the day-to-day drudgery but there will be five posts about Steve's 60th by the time the mini-series is done. Five. Those kids so desperately need a life.

This trip is big time for the Maxwell's, they have whole posts of CLEANING and Uriah so anything different is big news.(sadly)

They weren't having fun. They were learning about God's creation. I have heard that Ken Ham's Creation museum has a 'zorse ' (zebra x horse) that 'proves' that evolution isn't possible. I'm sure the 'zonkey' can be used for a similar 'science' lesson. They want their children to be life-long learners, remember?

Archived