IGNORED

Stop the presses!!! New MaxHell book on the way!

Justme

She's a nun but she joined the Carmelite order. She spends most of her time in silence and prayer and never steps out of the compound (except for things like medical emergencies ). On the odd occasion her family visits, her only contact is through a grilled window (although they can attend the chapel onsite. They're at the other sided the room and there's no contact). All pretty messed up but still no worse than Maxhell. At least she chose it for herself, and if she ever wants to leave she has the education (and family support ) to make it in the outside world.

Thanks for the explanation!

That is one of the saddest Maxwell posts ever, and that's really saying something. Excited about new books I can understand (and I'm disregarding the inevitable banality of those books), but DOUBLE excitement because two SAHDs, who never see anyone else, are sitting in the same room using computers at the same time (something that happens everyday in every dorm room around the world)...oh my. Their situation is far worse than all of us collectively could ever imagine.

My boys are sitting next to each other playing the Xbox. Does this mean it is the most exciting day ever? Does it make it Godly because they are doing it together?

Actually, it can be... If you are getting your serious geek on.

Heck yes. Sometimes with beer involved, even. A good hack party or figuring out how to solve some some interesting problem, with friends, telling jokes all during, is great fun. Sometimes leads to interesting comments in the code that become jokes for years after. The excitement of learning new stuff by just trying it out. Creating something.

That's the kind of fun I had as an unmarried thirty-something (and still do!!). I wish Sarah could know such times.

As for the new book, I'm inclined to think courtship too but I wonder why the focus on "school-aged." Unless the point is that you need to start introducing potential courters? Or getting the kids thinking the right way or what?

If it's not courtship then I'm thinking it would be something homeschool related? Can't be a how-to though, they have one. Maybe something about getting their kids able to witness?

...but yeah probably courtship somehow. But for young kids.

I think the Maxwells have mentioned before they believe in raising kids to be "courtship minded", whatever that means, so I imagine the book is about brainwashing, I mean, teaching your kids from a very young age to choose courtship rather than dating. Although we all know the Maxwell children did not actually get to choose courting over dating. Or choose anything in their lives for that matter.

Would they really have the hide after the Joe and Liz failure to then lecture their sheep about courtship, or is this possible book a way to stick two fingers up at Liz and the Muncks? Would a new book be a way of saving face since Liz's sister went on to marry and post Joe the rest of the Maxwell children remain on the shelf?

Of course we all made an idol of Liz's escape, but I wonder what the Maxwell sheep thought about the whole soap opera. They do seem to have stepped up the Horse/dog/pony show this year even if it does mean spending a week between gigs decorating a 'hosts' house. Not even a what some would call a vacation holiday yet.

Because I am avoiding doing any actual work this afternoon - I was browsing though old Maxwell posts. I found a sad little comment from a post done on November 13, 2010: "Time flew by, until it was 10:30, and Anna was going to squeeze in a little time to work with Sarah. Anna is training to be able to do Sarah’s job. For now, this will help Sarah to get the Moody book written, but as is hoped, someday the Lord will bring the right guy for Sarah, and she’ll no longer be available to do what she does."

They don't even pretend that Anna will need to take up Sarah's duties any more. Poor Sarah indeed.

edited: to correct a name

Because I am avoiding doing any actual work this afternoon - I was browsing though old Maxwell posts. I found a sad little comment from a post done on November 13, 2010: "Time flew by, until it was 10:30, and Anna was going to squeeze in a little time to work with Sarah. Anna is training to be able to do Sarah’s job. For now, this will help Sarah to get the Moody book written, but as is hoped, someday the Lord will bring the right guy for Sarah, and she’ll no longer be available to do what she does."

They don't even pretend that Anna will need to take up Sarah's duties any more. Poor Sarah indeed.

edited: to correct a name

I remember that post. There is no denying, no matter how many times Sarah says it, that everyone in the family would like to see Sarah find the right guy (oh, wait, that the LORD will bring the right guy). Poor, poor Sarah, indeed.

Archived