IGNORED

Stop the presses!!! New MaxHell book on the way!

Justme

2 books, actually. Sarah's latest Stepford adventure of the Moody's, plus, Stevie's new education book!! It's got to be something from their lectures 'cause one "Dad" said it should be required reading for every parent of school aged children. :kiss-ass: "This book could transform your family!"

Any guesses??? Maybe something about "saving" your children for courtship? They've been dangling that one for a while now. Courtship has worked sssssoooo well for their family.... :roll:

Yesterday afternoon, Anna and I were on separate computers, formatting two different books so they can get off to the printers. Wow. That was so unusual, and so exciting

Wowee! Two separate computers! Excitement was experienced by all! Books were formatted! That's just so AMAZING!!!11!!

I bet courtship. Which is why they insisted Elizabeth and Joseph marry ASAP, so they could hawk the newlyweds as proof their book works.

Looked at the picture on the post about the books and thought back to a comment about how practiced and posed the Maxwells are. Sarah? is not the subject of the picture but is plastic smiling just the same in the background. Cheese!!! :D

Looked at the picture on the post about the books and thought back to a comment about how practiced and posed the Maxwells are. Sarah? is not the subject of the picture but is plastic smiling just the same in the background. Cheese!!! :D

I didn't even notice her back there. Wow. That's just so unnatural. And the whole book transforming your family thing just smacks of arrogance and self-importance.

Edit: Because I can spell but my iPad can't.

Yeah, I'm guessing a book on courtship too. Although why Steve thinks he's such an expert on that subject when two of his sons have had failed courtships, and none of his daughters have been courted yet, I don't know.

So, do you think the "one dad" who shared that this is a must-read -- Nathan or Steve? Because surely they would not release the precious to a non-family member without ponying up the $$$ first.

I read that and wanted to cry. If the wow and excitement in their lives comes from being with a sister they're with 24/7 on computers three feet away from each other doing the same thing, nothing more ever needs to be said about the awfulness of their existence.

The only time my sister and I were excited to both be on a computer at the same time doing the same thing was when we were both uploading pictures of a family party to Facebook and we chatted via Facebook about the night before and which pictures we'd share. And I wouldn't call it exciting or anything wow worthy. It was coincidence and we happened to have enjoyed it since it was a Sunday night and we both had the 'it's a new work week' blues. It makes my gut turn in circles to think that my sister knows everything there is to know about me and us not being able to laugh and joke and share our lives; not being able to reminisce about a family party we both attended but had different experiences because we were not forced to be glued to each other and have the exact same conversations.

Fuck the cult of Steve and the lives he forces his offspring to live.

So, do you think the "one dad" who shared that this is a must-read -- Nathan or Steve? Because surely they would not release the precious to a non-family member without ponying up the $$$ first.

It was probably Nathan since his courtship actually DID work back in the day. I do think it's interesting they claim to have had a dad already read it.

I believe a dad said it was mandatory reading for all parents.

I just believe that dad was Steve (Our Father who art in Kansas, Maxwell be thy name...)

Did anyone else see the title of that post "Double Excitement" and automatically think that Melanie was pregnant too? Or was that just me?

Did anyone else see the title of that post "Double Excitement" and automatically think that Melanie was pregnant too? Or was that just me?

I wasn't sure what to make of it, but while reading the post and reading "The Moody series is well written" and "Sarah has used her gift of writing" made me cringe. But it does explain the inappropriate choice of blog entry title. Sarah, you don't write well. And that's "well-written", just for the record.

I did. I was let down. Working on the computer next to someone Woking on a similar project is just not exciting, whatsoever.

I did. I was let down. Working on the computer next to someone Woking on a similar project is just not exciting, whatsoever.

Actually, it can be... If you are getting your serious geek on.

She's probably getting excited because she's imagining she's at this place called work. You know, where people go somewhere and do stuff without being supervised by their parents and even get a real wage. Okay, maybe not.

It was probably Nathan since his courtship actually DID work back in the day. I do think it's interesting they claim to have had a dad already read it.

Didn't Nathan date? Met his wife in evil youth group? Only one son has had a success courtship. After a failed one.

I might be wrong, FJ please correct me

My first thought was Biblical homeschooling.

She's probably getting excited because she's imagining she's at this place called work. You know, where people go somewhere and do stuff without being supervised by their parents and even get a real wage. Okay, maybe not.

Boy, was I disappointed!! I really thought Melanie and Nathan would announce another pregnancy... I was already thinking how Christopher and Nathan must have coordinated the intercourse so that their wives would be pregnant at the same time... again!

Anyhow, I feel really sorry for Sarah and Anna: the title "double excitement" seems just as forced as their fake smiles. I guess they have to look happy in order for Steve's stay-at-home-never-ever-going-to-marry plan to unfold...

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Steve imposed a no talking period between evening Bible time and morning Bible time. It would give the children time to reflect on the Bible.

Don't go giving him any ideas. I have an aquaintance (the same age as Poor Sarah) who became a Carmelite. I'm pretty sure she has more freedom than the Maxwell 'children'. She might spend most of her time in silence but at least she made the choice for herself and she's not supervised by her parents.

Yeah, I'm guessing a book on courtship too. Although why Steve thinks he's such an expert on that subject when two of his sons have had failed courtships, and none of his daughters have been courted yet, I don't know.

Hey Gothard, who has never been married or had children, is an expert on the subject of family so I guess all you need to be an 'expert' is a willing group of dupes and a platform.

Don't go giving him any ideas. I have an aquaintance (the same age as Poor Sarah) who became a Carmelite. I'm pretty sure she has more freedom than the Maxwell 'children'. She might spend most of her time in silence but at least she made the choice for herself and she's not supervised by her parents.

Do u mean she is becoming a nun? I think modern nuns have a lot more freedom then the Maxhell girls at least the nuns r allowed out in public & help others in their communities!

She's a nun but she joined the Carmelite order. She spends most of her time in silence and prayer and never steps out of the compound (except for things like medical emergencies ). On the odd occasion her family visits, her only contact is through a grilled window (although they can attend the chapel onsite. They're at the other sided the room and there's no contact). All pretty messed up but still no worse than Maxhell. At least she chose it for herself, and if she ever wants to leave she has the education (and family support ) to make it in the outside world.

I wasn't sure what to make of it, but while reading the post and reading "The Moody series is well written" and "Sarah has used her gift of writing" made me cringe. But it does explain the inappropriate choice of blog entry title. Sarah, you don't write well. And that's "well-written", just for the record.

Sarah is correct in this instance. One would only use "well-written" before a noun as a compound adjective. In this case, it is an adverb and therefore not hyphenated.

Archived