IGNORED

Christoper and Anna Maxwell expecting

denimjumper

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angry-banghead: Unless they encourage true rape on the wedding night, I would expect that something is said at least right before the wedding. Who knows...maybe there's a Biblical reason for rape now?

Way OT, but Rebecca (HIswayserves blog and Maxwell fan) just failed her drivers test for the second time.

Back to Maxwells...

Yep, I saw that, too. And she was going to take the test again on Friday but was just too tired after all their 4th of July activities. It sounds like if she fails again (3 strikes you're out), she'll be forced to take driver's training (you know, a real course, rather than the Jerry Kellum School of Driving). I wonder what she's having so much trouble with (the driving or the written?). The fact that so many fundies don't get their girls into driving earlier confuses me.

As far as sex ed goes with the fundie circles, I have seen a number of the young women who end up studying midwifery (which I think is a very noble profession). I'm kind of surprised Poor Sarah hasn't chosen that path -- you know, to help others in a way those stupid Moody books just can't. I guess the Moody books keep her forever a child.

Oh, wait, Poor Sarah studying midwifery would mean she'd find out way more about the human body and that would be dangerous and sinful. And she'd have to interact with other people outside her family sometimes.

Poor Sarah.

Poor Sarah is 5-6 years older than non-reversal Anna, but looks and acts like her 10 years younger cousin.

Poor Sarah

I really hope you meant sister there, not cousin. Terrifying to think there might be another Maxwell family.

Poor Sarah is 5-6 years older than non-reversal Anna, but looks and acts like her 10 years younger cousin.

Poor Sarah

Sarah is 31, Anna is 20.

Sarah is 31, Anna is 20.

She meant Christopher's wife.

She meant Christopher's wife.

And now you know why Steve has named her Anna Marie. To avoid confusion. Something to think about...

And now you know why Steve has named her Anna Marie. To avoid confusion. Something to think about...

And why we here call her NR-Anna (for non-reversal Anna) since I think most of us find it awkward that Steve changed her call name. Hopefully, Christopher calls her Anna in private.

:angry-banghead: Unless they encourage true rape on the wedding night, I would expect that something is said at least right before the wedding. Who knows...maybe there's a Biblical reason for rape now?

They don't believe marital rape exists. He bought her fair and square and can do whatever he wants to her. And it's her duty as a wife to be submissive and obey. Some of the parents my give a brief overview to their daughters, but I suspect many of them just tell them to do as their husband says, and lie back and think of Jesus while he does whatever he wants. These people view rape as a property crime towards the father or husband of the victim, not as a crime against her personally.

Back in the day when the Maxwells had their Titus2 Moms Forum, Sarah was in her early 20s. There was a message from Teri stating that questions regarding hormonal issues, childbirth, and breastfeeding were OK, but please NO discussions regarding anything to do with marital intimacy, because Sarah was doing a lot of moderating and they needed to protect her innocence.

At least the fundies who live on farms seem to have kids who know the mechanics of baby making.

Can anyone explain what the forum was about and why did they close/discontinue it? This must of been way before I discovered FJ. TY!

The forum was for discussion about the Maxwell products and books, so MOTH, etc. Apparently if you buy a copy of MOTH, it comes with an entry application for the forum, so you can only get access to the forum by buying their stuff (I was never a member, but some people here on FJ have participated in the past, I think). If you get the book secondhand, no membership for you.

If you google around hard enough with the wayback machine you can find some of the old threads, you can also find people complaining elsewhere about the heavy-handed moderation on the forum.

The main things I found interesting about it (as a complete outsider just reading fragments of discussion about it years later on the internet) are:

(1) the restrictive membership thing

(2) the moderation, which is similar to how Steve-O moderates the comments on their current blog. Specifically, posts would be EDITED to possibly change the content, and yet the signatures would be left intact, meaning that people would have their names attached to things they did not mean to say at all. NORMAL internet forums either let a post through or reject it, they don't edit posts.

(3) Criteria for moderation included mentioning any other products. If you loved MOTH and said so in a post, but also said something like "I love MOTH and the Maxwells are genius schedulers, and I found it works even better if you also pair it up with this completely unrelated thing" that was already bannable or would have the other mention taken out. Obviously any actual negative reviews of MOTH were right out. Lots of complaints about this on the other forums where people congregated to complain about the titus2 forum.

(4) There was to be NO contact between posters outside the forum. In order to enforce this, all identifying info for all posters was removed. So, no email, no phone, no last names. Steve-O does this on their blog currently also, all the posters are sanitized to "Mrs. P" and the like.

The forum was for discussion about the Maxwell products and books, so MOTH, etc. Apparently if you buy a copy of MOTH, it comes with an entry application for the forum, so you can only get access to the forum by buying their stuff (I was never a member, but some people here on FJ have participated in the past, I think). If you get the book secondhand, no membership for you.

If you google around hard enough with the wayback machine you can find some of the old threads, you can also find people complaining elsewhere about the heavy-handed moderation on the forum.

The main things I found interesting about it (as a complete outsider just reading fragments of discussion about it years later on the internet) are:

(1) the restrictive membership thing

(2) the moderation, which is similar to how Steve-O moderates the comments on their current blog. Specifically, posts would be EDITED to possibly change the content, and yet the signatures would be left intact, meaning that people would have their names attached to things they did not mean to say at all. NORMAL internet forums either let a post through or reject it, they don't edit posts.

(3) Criteria for moderation included mentioning any other products. If you loved MOTH and said so in a post, but also said something like "I love MOTH and the Maxwells are genius schedulers, and I found it works even better if you also pair it up with this completely unrelated thing" that was already bannable or would have the other mention taken out. Obviously any actual negative reviews of MOTH were right out. Lots of complaints about this on the other forums where people congregated to complain about the titus2 forum.

(4) There was to be NO contact between posters outside the forum. In order to enforce this, all identifying info for all posters was removed. So, no email, no phone, no last names. Steve-O does this on their blog currently also, all the posters are sanitized to "Mrs. P" and the like.

Agree with the above, thanks GVC for summarizing. I had forgotten about the no contact rule.

From what I remember, they shut it down because too many people were "infiltrating" their forum and "causing trouble" or however they phrased it. Along with the editing, you were NEVER allowed to disagree with them. EVER. For example, you couldn't say "Hey, it's great that you homeschool, but I send my kids to public/private school and that works better for our family." Nope, anything except saying homeschooling was the only way would be edited or deleted.

There was a LONG list of rules regarding what could and could not be discussed.

Am I wrong though that the Mom's forum and Moth forum (which I believe still exists) were two different forums? And it was the Mom's forum that's now closed?

I'm off to the prayer closet!

*wipes Dr. Pepper of off screen*. Good one! And welcome! :text-welcomewave:

Oh gosh thank you. I love reading here & have been stalking for a long time. I love this forum. No prisoners, no bullshit just the facts. I'm thankful for this oasis of awesomeness!

Am I wrong though that the Mom's forum and Moth forum (which I believe still exists) were two different forums? And it was the Mom's forum that's now closed?

I'm thinking they were, too.

The post where they hint at using Wisdom Booklets (when they posted about their awful modesty-education field trip to the airport) was maybe in the regular Mom's forum? That certainly brought the crazy.

I'm thinking they were, too.

The post where they hint at using Wisdom Booklets (when they posted about their awful modesty-education field trip to the airport) was maybe in the regular Mom's forum? That certainly brought the crazy.

Oh yeah, the visit to the airport to watch women travelers and check them out for eye traps! If there is any doubt about how over the top the Maxwells are, this will disabuse you of that notion.

If anybody wants to visit or revisit the crazy, Teri's modesty articles now reside on one of the Maxwell's other sites, Preparing Daughters.

Here is the link; forums.preparingdaughters.com/forums/t/3352/

'

I use to belong to both threads and tend to be a quiet person with pretty moderate beliefs. A lot of my posts were not accepted or changed slightly to fit with their views. It was irritating and many of us felt that way. Others defended the Maxwell's saying "It's their website so they can do what they want." I got so tired of the legalism that I left. Sometime I'll have to tell you about the email my husband sent Steve Maxwell and the reply we got.

I use to belong to both threads and tend to be a quiet person with pretty moderate beliefs. A lot of my posts were not accepted or changed slightly to fit with their views. It was irritating and many of us felt that way. Others defended the Maxwell's saying "It's their website so they can do what they want." I got so tired of the legalism that I left. Sometime I'll have to tell you about the email my husband sent Steve Maxwell and the reply we got.

Oooo, that sounds like a good story! Do share soon!

Sometime I'll have to tell you about the email my husband sent Steve Maxwell and the reply we got.

Tell us! Tell us NOW!!

Archived