IGNORED

Christoper and Anna Maxwell expecting

denimjumper

Ah, the pregnancy announcement uses the quiver full bible verse. How surprising?!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nathan even says they went through SEVERAL walkthroughs to get those shots. You bet they're anal.

The kid is learning to pose for staged photos early, he'll need that skill as a Maxwell...

That really bothered me. How sad they are missing the spontaneous joy of a toddler gone wild.

I agree, it might be another Lori. But I wouldn't be surprised if Lori A. aka Monster is in contact with the Maxwells. She is a fundie lite type, but some of her posts hint at some isolation things the Maxwells do.

I don't think Steve would approve of Lori Anderson the Monster. Her frank discussions of sexuality and her frequenting of Sunshine Mary and MRA blogs would not conform with his idea of womanly behaviour.

Lori even pretends that sex can sometimes be an enjoyable task for the dutiful submissive helpmeet. Steve and Teri's "back rubs" are all about Steve. Teri's the one with the bad back, but no back rubs for her, euphemistic or otherwise.

Personally, I'd love to see a pic of the kids wearing "I'm with stupid" shirts next time they're photographed with Steve.

"I'm with the warden" might be more accurate. :(

I bet Steve is annoyed that nobody makes onesies and bibs with "DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU WILL GO WHEN YOU DIE?" on them.

To be completely honest, I think Joshua is adorable.

Steve isn't a bad looking bloke. Apart from the whole souless, reptilian eyes.

I hope this doesn't make Melanie feel badly about her own fertility issues. I hope it makes her realize that were she as fertile as NR Anna, she would have a dozen by now!

I hope this doesn't make Melanie feel badly about her own fertility issues. I hope it makes her realize that were she as fertile as NR Anna, she would have a dozen by now!

Same here!! I always felt that Nathan & Melanie got to really know each because it was just them for a few years. Christopher & NR Anna did not.

that was not a choice they made though and the fact that she can not have a huge family is most likely depressing to her and not a relief at all.

I bet Steve is annoyed that nobody makes onesies and bibs with "DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU WILL GO WHEN YOU DIE?" on them.

Hey! That might make the ideal home business...!

(currently reading "Preparing Sons"...)

When I first saw that post, I held my breath hoping it was Melanie as she appears to be a more moderating influence on her children (due to her own family). However, Anna appears to be the far more fertile one.

It appears NR-Anna comes from a family just as conservative (if not more so) as the Maxwell. I guess that makes life with the Maxwells easier for her to adjust to. It also appears she will be popping out many babies for years. My only wish is that she will be blessed with several boys first. A recent study showed that boys with sisters did less chores than those with brothers. It seems gender roles are alive even among nonfundie families. With fundies, that gets taken to extreme. The oldest Duggar girls are raising their siblings and running a whole household with Josh Duggar struggled to buckle his OWN CHILD into a carseat. I hope that Anna births several boys so that it forces her to make them take up some of the household burden. If the second born is a girl, she's destined for a childhood of cleaning and childcare. Her only reprieve will be marriage and her own household to cook and clean for.

While I'm sad that Melanie and Nathan had fertility issues, I'm kind of glad they are not having a quiverful. Children deserve to grow up with families that encourages them to embrace the world and enjoy the time they have on earth. Steve tightly regulates his family and works them incessantly so they don't realize how horrible their lives are. What's worse, the younger ones are so isolated that they don't even know what they are missing out on. I can only hope that the grandchildren will not live long enough to feel the constricting hold that Steve has on his children.

Last week I ordered 2 stickers for my van online. One was a rainbow, the other one said "I support love" on a rainbow background. The return address said they were from Sarah Maxwell. Apparently I read FJ too much, because I spent a few minutes wondering if she had a clandestine home business peddling liberal bumper stickers.

My guess for the baby: a girl named Precious "based on the novel Push by Sapphire" Maxwell

I know this is a bit gross, but I can't imagine those two doing THE deed... More like hand holding and frequent praying for a miracle pregnancy instead of doing sinful things.

I think the coming 'round the corner photo is cute and fun. FUN! Isn't fun banned?

I also do not believe for one single nano-second that Steve didn't know why Joshua was not at the morning tea. Who knows? You do you controlling arsehole.

I know this is a bit gross, but I can't imagine those two doing THE deed... More like hand holding and frequent praying for a miracle pregnancy instead of doing sinful things.

I still believe the only reason it took so long for them to conceive their first is because they didn't actually have sex for the first 6 months or more (and that's probably a good thing given how restricted they were in their respective upbringing). Now that they actually worked out how to insert tab A into Slot B (and that they won't go to hell for seeing each other naked), those babies will be happening pretty fast.

"I'm with the warden" might be more accurate. :(

Lets send them one. I bet it would get featured on the blog.

I can see Christopher and NR Anna easily having over a dozen. That pair will never use birth control, not even NFP, and it seems that NR Anna got pregnant as soon as Joshua was getting most of his nutrients from solids.

I wonder if Melanie is jealous or secretly relieved to see her sister in law so fertile.

I can see Christopher and NR Anna easily having over a dozen. That pair will never use birth control, not even NFP, and it seems that NR Anna got pregnant as soon as Joshua was getting most of his nutrients from solids.

I wonder if Melanie is jealous or secretly relieved to see her sister in law so fertile.

I'm going to go with secretly relieved.

It's official. She's due mid Feb. There is just something wrong with Chris calling his wife Anna Marie. I know the Mothership doesn't want to be confused, but, dude, we're not going to think you are posting about your unmarried sisters pregnancy!

I'm going to go with secretly relieved.

I'd say so too. I cannot imagine Melanie with a dozen children. Four or five at the most. If she had more than that I honestly doubt she'd cope. Anna on the other hand, she'll breed every year or so and love it. Some mothers shine at it, and Anna does. Melanie not so much. Melanie is no doubt a good mother, but I cannot see her being as happy as Anna would be with a dozen children.

While I'm sad that Melanie and Nathan had fertility issues, I'm kind of glad they are not having a quiverful. Children deserve to grow up with families that encourages them to embrace the world and enjoy the time they have on earth. Steve tightly regulates his family and works them incessantly so they don't realize how horrible their lives are. What's worse, the younger ones are so isolated that they don't even know what they are missing out on. I can only hope that the grandchildren will not live long enough to feel the constricting hold that Steve has on his children.

Same here!! I feel really bad for the grandchildren in the Maxwell family. They will never have friends outside their siblings and cousins. The friends these kids will have outside of the family r the elderly from the nursing home, I'm sorry but a nursing home is no place for a kid unless they are visiting a grandparent.

Wonder why they decided to announce so early? Mid-February means she's only about 8 weeks along!

Because that is what they do!! Their readers needs to know all.

When I first saw that post, I held my breath hoping it was Melanie as she appears to be a more moderating influence on her children (due to her own family). However, Anna appears to be the far more fertile one.

It appears NR-Anna comes from a family just as conservative (if not more so) as the Maxwell. I guess that makes life with the Maxwells easier for her to adjust to. It also appears she will be popping out many babies for years. My only wish is that she will be blessed with several boys first. A recent study showed that boys with sisters did less chores than those with brothers. It seems gender roles are alive even among nonfundie families. With fundies, that gets taken to extreme. The oldest Duggar girls are raising their siblings and running a whole household with Josh Duggar struggled to buckle his OWN CHILD into a carseat. I hope that Anna births several boys so that it forces her to make them take up some of the household burden. If the second born is a girl, she's destined for a childhood of cleaning and childcare. Her only reprieve will be marriage and her own household to cook and clean for.

I think you mean that you hope Stevus won't live long enough to ruin his grandkids they way he ruined his kids. Right?

Archived