IGNORED

Infuriating 7x Sunday Post

Jinger_Cat

Glasses = $$$$$ = EBIL!!!

Asking for advice on internet = FREE = GODLY!

I'm afraid you may have hit the nail on the head. People talk about evil money-sucking vets in the horse world too. Evil money-sucking vets who say, "Your horse is in pain, she is not fit to have a foal (that you think will make you lots of money), she is wormy, she has a genetic condition that is probably going to kill her soon and definitely makes her unsafe to ride." The solution always costs money. Even euthanasia costs money. And so, therefore, the vet is EVIL.

Better to let the poor animal die slowly in the back pasture where it can't be seen from the highway. That'll show the veterinary establishment!

The underlying principle: Anything that requires me to spend money that I want to use for my personal comfort or my pet causes is EVIL.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid you may have hit the nail on the head. People talk about evil money-sucking vets in the horse world too. Evil money-sucking vets who say, "Your horse is in pain, she is not fit to have a foal (that you think will make you lots of money), she is wormy, she has a genetic condition that is probably going to kill her soon and definitely makes her unsafe to ride." The solution always costs money. Even euthanasia costs money. And so, therefore, the vet is EVIL.

Better to let the poor animal die slowly in the back pasture where it can't be seen from the highway. That'll show the veterinary establishment!

The underlying principle: Anything that requires me to spend money that I want to use for my personal comfort or my pet causes is EVIL.

Ugghhhh. . . :evil:

Wow. I'm going to nominate her for mother of the year. I'm so glad someone is finally talking about the evils of over-prescribed eye glasses.

Seriously, what a dumb-a$$ f---wit. She doesn't deserve to have precious children. She's probably messing them up in ways we can't even imagine.

I have a lazy eye, parents have pictures of me really young 3 or 4 using patches , when I was a little older and my eye wasn’t progressing as fast as my doctor would like he said surgery would fix it. Parents didn’t want that so they had to by themselves look for an alternative because the eye doctor didn’t want to suggest anything other then surgery and didn’t believe in eye exercises as being beneficial. The eye exercises helped and I avoided surgery, my parents did proactive things like starting early with the patches.

Being 9 and not having started patches even after buying them, no excuse. The comment of not taking him right away to the eye doctor was because of being “nosyâ€, she was probably worried this kid would not be seen regularly by a any doctor. By the time I was his age I think I only had to have a patch on in the evenings. I have no idea what this women is thinking or not.

On the old BW board, I recall Crystal would write about all her medical problems in one of her pregnancies. The fundies were full of helpful herbal suggestions. "Mix one tincture of eye of newt with two thimblefuls of coconut oil, and then gargle vigorously". And these seemed like serious medical problems! Or could be. My advice was more along the lines of "Get your butt to a medical doctor...now". Not the herbalist, not the wonderful midwife, not someone on the internet... a real live medical doctor.

Archived