IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

"Oh, Teri, when you put Pepsi and animal crackers, instead of green smoothies, into these adult children's mouths, you may indeed feed their vile bodies, but you little think how you starve their immortal souls!" -Mr. Stevelhurst

OMG, you win the Internet. I love, love, love this. Bravo!

Hywelis

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone want to lay odds on how quickly this gets fixed, after Stevehovah reads about it here??

Hi Steve!! :borg:

Bumping to report that, while they've let a couple of Steve-approved comments through, the misspelling of Sarah's name still hasn't been corrected. Is there the eentsiest, weentsiest hint of rebellion in the ranks? Inquiring minds want to know!!

But turning cartwheels over the bullet she dodged by NOT marrying him.

I visited Sara Smith's blog. She sounded very heart broken. But...looks like she's over it! I too am VERY glad she didn't marry Chris. She would have been SO miserable! Sara wears skirts to the knee, jewelry, low cut blouses, and red polish. That's too much going on to be married to a Maxwell.

Anna Marie is just perfect for them all. She's pretty...and boring.

Bumping to report that, while they've let a couple of Steve-approved comments through, the misspelling of Sarah's name still hasn't been corrected. Is there the eentsiest, weentsiest hint of rebellion in the ranks? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Maybe one of the reversal boys is courting a young lady names Sarah and Poor Sarah has had her h taken away and been relegated to Poor Sara.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2013/06/24/aunties-picnic-welcome-summer/

Sentences ending with a period: 8

With an exclamation mark: 13

Total: 21

Am I just a snob, or is that a little high on the exclamation marks?

They can't help it. Their lives are just so full of dramaz and excitement!!!!!!!! Eleventy!!!!!!

Recently, we hosted a picnic at Aunties’ Park. Everyone who was invited greatly anticipated the picnic! We asked each invitee to bring a “friend†with them – a stuffed animal or doll!

Because that's the only kind of friend you get to have in Maxwell land. An inanimate object with no voice of its own, that you can bend and shape to your will and keep in a box.

The best I can get from the Aunties Park post is that no matter how sheltered and boring and beige their lives are, atleast Sarah, Anna and Mary have three little girls they love, and who love them.

It was nice to see the little girls running and having *fun*, gasp! Abby has a nice smile, not "robotic". Where was Joshie? They had Chrissy. We see quite a bit of the girls, but not much of Chris's family.

The best I can get from the Aunties Park post is that no matter how sheltered and boring and beige their lives are, atleast Sarah, Anna and Mary have three little girls they love, and who love them.

See, the impression I get of the 'auntie's park' is that there's a grudging acknowledgment that play is necessary but there's no way Stevehovah's grandchildren (or the 'children supervising them) will be sullied by being exposed to other children at a real park. I see it as a deliberate effort to control and supervise and a way to make their very small world even smaller.

See, the impression I get of the 'auntie's park' is that there's a grudging acknowledgment that play is necessary but there's no way Stevehovah's grandchildren (or the 'children supervising them) will be sullied by being exposed to other children at a real park. I see it as a deliberate effort to control and supervise and a way to make their very small world even smaller.

Well, public parks are dirty in too many ways for the Maxwells.

I agree!! Although I still say that they did the "Auntie Park" so the kids don't go to a regular park & have friends outside the family.

I like the bond that Sarah, Anna, and Mary have with Nathan's girls. I still wish they would be around other people than their nieces, siblings, and parents.

I agree!! Although I still say that they did the "Auntie Park" so the kids don't go to a regular park & have friends outside the family.

That is just twisted enough to be correct.

Agreed on both counts - the first thing I noticed was "oh, yay, another event with only the family there."

How old is Abigail? She's around 6 or 7?

I also have a niece named Abigail. She's 7, and runs around on the weekends on green grass quite a bit, because... she's on a neighborhood soccer team. Kicks butt too :) She has little parties from time to time, with friends from school, they play at the city park.

I found it sad also that the "friends" that they could invite were all inanimate. Children need real friends.

The baby was in a romper not a dress. I'm shocked and impressed.

I found it sad also that the "friends" that they could invite were all inanimate. Children need real friends.

While I totally agree with you, I honestly first read that the friends were all inmates :lol: But because these are the Maxwells, that would have been true, too...

I like the bond that Sarah, Anna, and Mary have with Nathan's girls. I still wish they would be around other people than their nieces, siblings, and parents.

Perhaps the big smiles that the girls have when they are on the road are because they are actually seeing people other than immediate family. They are still under strict supervision but they do get to chat about the weather with new faces.

I think the Arndt mom commented on the Maxwell's last post - or is that an FJer joking around? Sometimes I can't tell the difference, haha!

Wow, what a disappointment. I just read the newest post and at first thought that the Maxwell girls had organized a summer picnic for their nieces and their little neighborhood or church friends. Then I saw the pictures and realized it was only Abby, Bethany, and Christina who attended. I should have known better. They're the Maxwells. :(

Why is the there the need to wear two shirts in Fundyland? Wouldn't the inner, higher necked shirt be fundy enough? We are having a heat wave right now, and there is no way I would willingly wear two t-shirts. plus, I wouldn't want the extra laundry. Mary's red v-neck shirt looked defauding form a distance. You couldn't really see the inner white shirt since she's not very tanned.

Why is the there the need to wear two shirts in Fundyland? Wouldn't the inner, higher necked shirt be fundy enough? We are having a heat wave right now, and there is no way I would willingly wear two t-shirts. plus, I wouldn't want the extra laundry. Mary's red v-neck shirt looked defauding form a distance. You couldn't really see the inner white shirt since she's not very tanned.

I've wondered about that, too. I can barely stand to wear a light, short-sleeved cotton shirt during the summer and I live in western Washington state where we have very mild summers. I can't imagine wearing two shirts - and in Kansas heat? Doesn't it get crazy hot there? Those girls must be downright miserable!

I've wondered about that, too. I can barely stand to wear a light, short-sleeved cotton shirt during the summer and I live in western Washington state where we have very mild summers. I can't imagine wearing two shirts - and in Kansas heat? Doesn't it get crazy hot there? Those girls must be downright miserable!

It gets STINKIN hot in Leavenworth, especially with the Missouri River right there, and the compound seems to be on one of the flatter parts of town (Lvwh actually has a decent amount of hilly areas, as does much of eastern KS). So yeah, its probably pretty swampy. However, since the gals are rail-thin, they doubtless feel it less than would a (terrible wicked) fat person. We also don't know exactly what went on during the photo shoot, do we. They might have taken photos of the little ones early in the event, and given the aunts time to freshen up before their sessions.

There's a bad element in Leavenworth as there is in any community of any size anywhere. But the Maxwells' insistence on insulating their children and grandchildren from ANY outside influences is futile. Steve and Teri will die some time after Gigi and Grandpa Gigi do. Nate and Chris make their livings, week to week and day to day, intereacting with other people (not just at monthly or bi-monthly tours). Melanie has a loving family who actually live across the state line and interact with people at a real church and in the community.

Steve & Teri's hold on their descendants won't last forever. It can't. Look for them to not go gently into that good night, they will rail, rail against the dying of the light because they fear death, what comes after death, and leaving their descendants without them. They have made their lifestyle an idol, as many have said before.

I think the Arndt mom commented on the Maxwell's last post - or is that an FJer joking around? Sometimes I can't tell the difference, haha!

;) I think Mummy Arndt may have Ppor Sara in her sights for one of the older manboys. Though I doubt whether Stevie could trust himself not to sneak an eyeful of leg....

Archived