IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

I thought it was Mary that was the styler

Oh, you might be right! Gosh, look at me having a Maxwell fail! Mary is the stylist, Anna is the cook, Sarah is the...uh...spinster. But Anna has been the one to cut her hair shorter from time to time, and to curl it. I don't think any of them have any natural curl.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary is the stylist/seamstress, Anna is the cook/child minder & handy woman, Sarah is the (what some would call) writer and photographer.

Anna also seems very close to John, & is it my imagination or do I seem to recall that Sarah&Chris were close (before he ran off with her best friend)? That's when the spark really left Poor Sarah's eyes, but I don't know how much of that was just the pain of realizing she'd never graduate past being one of the Maxwell 'children.

Mary is the stylist/seamstress, Anna is the cook/child minder & handy woman, Sarah is the (what some would call) writer and photographer.

Anna also seems very close to John, & is it my imagination or do I seem to recall that Sarah&Chris were close (before he ran off with her best friend)? That's when the spark really left Poor Sarah's eyes, but I don't know how much of that was just the pain of realizing she'd never graduate past being one of the Maxwell 'children.

Yes, there were those defrauding photos of Anna and John in the kitchen together for awhile there. Great marketing on their part. I don't remember there being that same bond between Sarah and Christopher, but I'm sure you're right. They probably had some kind of Lonely Hearts Club going on there. And then Christopher had the nerve to get engaged, break up, then court again and marry. So long, other club member. Poor Sarah.

Oh, you might be right! Gosh, look at me having a Maxwell fail! Mary is the stylist, Anna is the cook, Sarah is the...uh...spinster. But Anna has been the one to cut her hair shorter from time to time, and to curl it. I don't think any of them have any natural curl.

:naughty: :naughty: to the prayer closet. Poor Sara (I think we should adopt her new name) is a best selling children's author.

:naughty: :naughty: to the prayer closet. Poor Sara (I think we should adopt her new name) is a best selling children's author.

"Poor Sara". Wow, that has such a nice ring to it! For now and forever shall she be referred to as "Poor Sara". Never mind the H because it matters not.

And we all know Anna is the brazen hussy in the family. All that crazy hair stylin' and apron wearin' and photos with the children. She's lookin' for a mate.

9th picture down. The long shot of Teri's session. Left hand pews, second from the back. That is my long greying dark blond hair. I'm surprised to see it and to be able to identify myself so easily. Quite a few people arrived after us.

I usually wear my long hair up these days. Leaving it long and loose, and wearing the frumpiest of all my many frumpy dresses was part of my cover. :twisted: And in defense of long locks on older women - my hair frizzes and is uncontrollable in short cuts! Long and up is easier.

Mr P is delighted that he escaped a photo.

I saw Anna (?) break out a snazzy looking camera at the end of the women's session. I don't think anyone else was taking pictures at registration.

ETA. The head covering lady from Vermont is just in front of me to the right. She was the only head coverer there, I think.

I spotted you because I eyes went straight to the lady who looks like my friend Deborah from the back- a truly good person and a life-long fighter for social justice!

And I just realized more proof Steve reads here:

We all talk about defrauding John. We are getting fewer and fewer pictures of him. I hope he is not being punished for being so nice looking. And I wish I was joking.

And I just realized more proof Steve reads here:

We all talk about defrauding John. We are getting fewer and fewer pictures of him. I hope he is not being punished for being so nice looking. And I wish I was joking.

I know! Soon we will have to call him "Poor John". We're seeing more of Jesse, but they never talk about him or his interests other than bus help. Oh, wait, he's got a guinea pig, I think.

One of the few things that I am actually glad I said to him was that he had ruined his kids.

And he has done it all out of his own selfishness. He hasn't kept his children's hearts, he has stole them. I think he needs to think long and hard about where he is going to go when he dies. If I remember correctly, the big guy upstairs frowns upon stealing.

Burritos without meat taste the same, Sarah without an h sounds the same. Thus spake Stevehovah. Selah.

Or is that "Sela?" :lol:

I know! Soon we will have to call him "Poor John".

DA4hdBDHqjQ

And he has done it all out of his own selfishness. He hasn't kept his children's hearts, he has stole them. I think he needs to think long and hard about where he is going to go when he dies. If I remember correctly, the big guy upstairs frowns upon stealing.

Yep, yep, yep. And another yep. He has stolen their hearts in the most perverse way -- by disguising it as protection.

Yep, yep, yep. And another yep. He has stolen their hearts in the most perverse way -- by disguising it as protection.

Most definitely. And what Treemom said to him, he can't "unhear" it. Steve strikes me as a really tortured soul and a lot of demons are rolling around in that man's head.

Most definitely. And what Treemom said to him, he can't "unhear" it. Steve strikes me as a really tortured soul and a lot of demons are rolling around in that man's head.

And the three men and Anna were standing around when I said it. And I mentioned the two failed courtships (which I felt bad about because John was right there smirking at me).

I hope they think about it. That maybe there is another way, one that is far more whole.

And the three men and Anna were standing around when I said it. And I mentioned the two failed courtships (which I felt bad about because John was right there smirking at me).

I hope they think about it. That maybe there is another way, one that is far more whole.

Oh, that's right. I remember now from telling of the story here. It wasn't just Steve that heard it, it was some of the kids too. That's good, actually, as hard as it might be for them to hear it. Steve is probably too entrenched in his thinking, too busy wrestling with the demons, for him to take it to heart but maybe the kids might not be so far gone to contemplate as they fix another house, dust another ceiling fan, host another conference, etc. and realize that it's the same SOSDD.

Two failed courtships? I only knew about Joe and Amanda?

Christopher was engaged (to Sarah somebody) before Anna Marie. IIRC they broke it off 3-4 months before the wedding.

Christopher was engaged (to Sarah somebody) before Anna Marie. IIRC they broke it off 3-4 months before the wedding.

Sara Smith was her name. She's a spunky gal for a fundie. She works for Gothard, though.

And let's remember that courtship LEADS to engagement in fundie circles. The courtship is their "dating" phase. So if these courtships result in engagement and then the engagement is called off, the discovery phase of courtship failed, right? So, really, Stevie missed something during the courtship phases twice because both Christopher and Joseph got all the way to the engagement phase.

Honestly, the topic of the fight doesn't seem that shocking for any family. Little kids tend to confuse preference and fact sometimes, and get very defensive about their favorite color or cartoon or whatever being THE BEST ONE EVER. :lol: I can see this leading to a bigger sibling fight. Of course, with the Maxwells, there's no way to know if it was something like that and simply got out of control, or whether one of the boys just raised his voice or something. :think:

Yeah, I do see what you're saying - this could have truly escalated into a serious fight that would require (non-abusive) consequences in any family. But I guess with the Maxwells, I can't help but suspect that they would read into sibling tiffs in a deeper way than many other people would. I can imagine that Steve and Teri would see silly fights as evidence that they were "losing their children's hearts" or even that the siblings were losing each others' hearts. Like you say, no way of knowing that, but in this case I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

IIRC, an adult Sara took the boys out to lunch at Taco Bell recently to make up for tattling on them. The Taco Bell was crowded so they would up at another fast food place.

Where they had another patron photograph them praying, IIRC.. Really modest there. Whatever happened to that bit about going to pray in an upper room with the door closed (ie in private). For people who spend so much time reading their bibles, they sure do seem to miss a lot of important bits.

IIRC, an adult Sara took the boys out to lunch at Taco Bell recently to make up for tattling on them. The Taco Bell was crowded so they would up at another fast food place.

No biggy but I think it was Anna. Easy mistake to make as they are all rather interchangeable!!!

Oh thats right!! Thank you! The curly haired one who travels. He dumped her pretty suddenly. Poor thing is still unmarried.

Where they had another patron photograph them praying, IIRC.. Really modest there. Whatever happened to that bit about going to pray in an upper room with the door closed (ie in private). For people who spend so much time reading their bibles, they sure do seem to miss a lot of important bits.

That is so weird.

Oh thats right!! Thank you! The curly haired one who travels. He dumped her pretty suddenly. Poor thing is still unmarried.

But turning cartwheels over the bullet she dodged by NOT marrying him.

Archived