IGNORED

Alert the media: a new Maxwell product!

Marian the Librarian

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I read Stevie's post a little differently to everyone else here.

What is sadly lacking in most youth and a prerequisite for courtship? Knowing someone of the opposite sex who isn't a family member!

I believe we are going to get an instruction book for parents in how to find families with identical values to your own. It will in some way go through the Maxwells so they make money out of it: fill out a form with all your details, email to Teri and she will match you with a suitable family (it will actually be Steve doing the matching but they will say Teri because matchmakers are traditionally female), a meeting will be arranged between the families, if beliefs do match up they can then see if they have children who would be suitable to marry off.

Didn't Stevie once say (in a comment, corner or something), that he does nothing to find a spouse for his "children". He believes one will "appear" at the correct time.

You are right. I forgot.

Does that just apply to his kids or does he think everyone should sit at home and wait? Fundies will end in one generation if they all just sit at home and wait.

You are right. I forgot.

Does that just apply to his kids or does he think everyone should sit at home and wait? Fundies will end in one generation if they all just sit at home and wait.

And that would be a bad thing because...?

With only a 50% courtship success rating, Stevie is trying to save face. There must be other people who follow them or loosely follow them and see that their,’ what some would call’ dating model is only half successful apart from us. Maybe we could all leave comments suggesting such?

And yes as others have stated, it is also another two fingers up at the Munks. “Vengeance is mine said the Lord†Stevie :naughty:

Maybe the new book has a chapter stating that the bride-to-be is suggested by Stevie not to call off the wedding a few weeks before it happens without her headships permission? – or she will be living with the Devil when she dies?

"Crushing the Souls of Your Courtship-Aged Children With A Meek and Quiet Spirit"

Well frankly am amazed that the lovely Steve allows his kids to have any say at all. Surely the two headships get together, give the marriage the nod and the children just have to go with it. Father knows best after all......all this courtship and engagement nonsense is distracting and ungodly. Perhaps they can meet a couple of times beforehand....and then again perhaps not....

Ok, I read Stevie's post a little differently to everyone else here.

What is sadly lacking in most youth and a prerequisite for courtship? Knowing someone of the opposite sex who isn't a family member!

I believe we are going to get an instruction book for parents in how to find families with identical values to your own. It will in some way go through the Maxwells so they make money out of it: fill out a form with all your details, email to Teri and she will match you with a suitable family (it will actually be Steve doing the matching but they will say Teri because matchmakers are traditionally female), a meeting will be arranged between the families, if beliefs do match up they can then see if they have children who would be suitable to marry off.

www. Matchwell.com

:eleventy:

So what is their excuse for why two of their courtships failed?

:text-+1:

I think this person who commented on Steve's post doesn't really get it;

Sandra on April 28, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

I cannot wait to hear more! As a mom of children approaching the junior high ages, I have been very interested in the idea of courtship and have appreciatively watched you model this with your children. Thank you for your willingness to share and to train those of us who want to raise our children in a God-honoring way.

So she's been watching the Maxwells model how to do courtship, or how not to do it?

It also sounds like it might not be a courtship book per se, but what they need to be before they court. He's already done a Preparing Sons book, which was basically a prerequisite to courtship and marriage book. Personally, I think he'd look foolish putting out a Preparing Daughters book since he's had no luck there.

So, not sure what this resource is, but I await it with baited breath.

EDIT: Eve the bride to be should be held up ceaselessly in prayer/weeping until she is at the altar, lest she forget that marriage is really about death, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Much better.

Resistance is futile -- you will be morbid.

GkeGAob.jpg

:text-+1:

I think this person who commented on Steve's post doesn't really get it;

Sandra on April 28, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

I cannot wait to hear more! As a mom of children approaching the junior high ages, I have been very interested in the idea of courtship and have appreciatively watched you model this with your children. Thank you for your willingness to share and to train those of us who want to raise our children in a God-honoring way.

So she's been watching the Maxwells model how to do courtship, or how not to do it?

It also sounds like it might not be a courtship book per se, but what they need to be before they court. He's already done a Preparing Sons book, which was basically a prerequisite to courtship and marriage book. Personally, I think he'd look foolish putting out a Preparing Daughters book since he's had no luck there.

So, not sure what this resource is, but I await it with baited breath.

What if .... he produces a prepping daughters book and closely follows it up with news that Anna is courting/engaged?

GRoss on so many levels, but it's one scenario. :popcorn2:

What if .... he produces a prepping daughters book and closely follows it up with news that Anna is courting/engaged?

Hmm, that's a possibility. Poor Sarah would go from Poor Sarah to Tragic Sarah if Anna gets engaged first.

I often wonder if Sarah thinks she is less than her sisters because she wasn't uber sheltered from birth like they were. I don't think it would be a surprise to anyone if Anna or Mary get married before Sarah. Heck, I will be surprised if Sarah ever gets married at this point. I mean, she is damaged goods from whatever she saw/heard at that one sleepover when she was little. :roll:

i have no doubt sarah would be crushed if anna or mary gets married before she does. on the other hand, i cannot help but imagine elizabeth munck is happy for her sister who is to marry in may, and relieved she isn't the pregnant older sister at the wedding.

themuncksisters.blogspot.sg/2013/04/wow.html?m=1

omg they PAINT TOENAILS?! Steve would throw a hissyfit!!!

I wish Steve would hurry up and post the new product so I have something to make fun of. I may have to break down and do some work.

Steve and Sarah's writing styles are so clunkily similar that I bet one Maxwell writes ALL blogposts and signs the appropriate name.

Perhaps if they wrote in KJV-style they'd do better -- it makes up the majority of their daily reading, after all

Let me guess, this is some kind of parting shot at Elizabeth (she who woke up almost married to Joseph Maxwell and ran screaming). We'll get to find out in Steve's passive-aggressive writing exactly what prerequisite this girl "lacked". :evil-eye:

I think you're right on the money, AreteJo. The Maxwells are still operating in damage-control mode following Joseph's broken engagement and will seize any opportunity to point out that it wasn't their fault because they're Maxwells and they're perfect (and you're not). While I think you're right, and Stevie will enumerate, at length, Elizabeth's perceived shortcomings in the courtship, I personally would be much more interested in hearing about Joseph's lack of discernment since he courted and proposed to a girl who, by Stevie's standards, was clearly not helpmeet material. Oh, wait, that won't be covered, will it?

Doesn't the Bible mention something about those in glass houses, Stevie? Something to consider. :naughty:

(Please excuse me if this post is an incoherent, ungrammatical mess. "Pregnancy brain" is a bitch. :sick: :) )

I'm waaay too eager to see what this new product is. I think I've checked their website about 5 times! Aaack! The suspense is killing me!

I think this could be a possibility. What ever happened to John Marie? It seems like there used to be regular mentions of him in the blog, but none in a long time. Do you think a courtship with Anna might be in the works and the Maxwells don't want to draw attention to it in case it doesn't pan out?

Steve and Sarah's writing styles are so clunkily similar that I bet one Maxwell writes ALL blogposts and signs the appropriate name.

Perhaps if they wrote in KJV-style they'd do better -- it makes up the majorityof their daily reading, after all

Entirety.

I am disturbed that they r writing a book about courtship. I just don't understand why their "groupies" think they r G-d's gift to anything that happens. Their latest post was about how they cleaned the windows of each family members house.

Their latest post was about how they cleaned the windows of each family member's house.

Because if you take the world's most mundane task and make it all Jesusy, it will sell their lifestyle to a certain demographic. Reminds me of a big Texas chili cook-off I once saw on TV. The organizer started the event with a prayer that the Lord would grace the judges with good judgment, or some freaking ridiculous thing. And everyone there stood with solemnity and bowed head. Had such a thing happened here in the Godless Northeast, folks may have been polite, but exchanging a LOT of WTF? looks.

I am disturbed that they r writing a book about courtship. I just don't understand why their "groupies" think they r G-d's gift to anything that happens. Their latest post was about how they cleaned the windows of each family members house.

I wish someone had it on their heart to wash my windows. Let us pray.

Maybe that's why Sarah is on her spiel about being content to be a stay at home daughter? Watching her baby sister get married first must sting.

Archived