IGNORED

Alert the media: a new Maxwell product!

Marian the Librarian

From their blog (titus2.com) (bolding mine):

Teri and I have been working on a new resource for months, and it is finally getting close. We are in the final weeks of editing before it goes to the proof reader. We have felt this resource is extremely important and something every family will want. Most are interested in the topic of courtship, however, this resource has to do with an all important component, sadly lacking in most youth and a prerequisite for courtship. We look forward to sharing more with you about it in the coming weeks.

Oh, Stevehovah, you big tease, please don't keep us guessing! Courtship is, after all, working so well in your family.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me guess, this is some kind of parting shot at Elizabeth (she who woke up almost married to Joseph Maxwell and ran screaming). We'll get to find out in Steve's passive-aggressive writing exactly what prerequisite this girl "lacked". :evil-eye:

It's interesting that they send their books to a proof-reader and not an editor. I guess they're too perfect for anyone to ever suggest actual editing other than correcting spelling errors, or maybe they just undervalue what editors actually do. In any case, I wonder what this thing that youth are lacking before courtship, and if they can find some to give to Sarah so she'll be able to court eventually.

Ooh, ooh, oooh--I'm a proofreader, Steve-o! Pick me! Pick me! (Actually, I shudder to think what it would be like to work for him. :shock: )

Whatever "component" he's talking about must be something his very own children lack. After all, only two of them have managed to get married.

Eh, it's probably some bosh about giving everything you have to the Lord and trusting in him utterly.

... Neatly excusing Steve of the lack of marriages among his children, of course.

Ah....gotta have a new product to churn the demand for those seminary thingies they do.

Eh, it's probably some bosh about giving everything you have to the Lord and trusting in him utterly.

... Neatly excusing Steve of the lack of marriages among his children, of course.

Oh, probably. :roll: Whatever it is, it's not going to be anything practical and useful. Just more sweet elderly Lord Jesus.

I'm scratching my head as to what the "resource" is referring to More God in their lives prior to courtship? More Bible reading? Bible time? Bible memorization? What's this mythical item that so many Christian youths lack prior to courtship? And apparently it's something the Maxwells have in abundance in their kids.

I'm scratching my head as to what the "resource" is referring to More God in their lives prior to courtship? More Bible reading? Bible time? Bible memorization? What's this mythical item that so many Christian youths lack prior to courtship? And apparently it's something the Maxwells have in abundance in their kids.

More submissiveness. Their kids don't have a will of their own.

Since Sarah is now a "fundie spinster", it's gotta contain something regarding "children" who don't marry. Other families "children" may "lack" something, but his sure don't! :cray-cray: I also wonder how he is going to spin his 2 sons broken engagements.

Brainwashing device, so his kids can finally marry but dont have to worry about potential partners running the other way when introduced to the clusterfuck of crazy that is the Maxwell family.

Or theyve developed a way to add reproductive capabilities to a robot maid.

He says it's something every family will want.

Um, Stevie boy, I can promise you, that is not true.

You fail at the entire courtship concept, even by fundie standards, so I really don't understand how anyone could possibly consider taking advice about the subject from you. I don't think anyone wants to guarantee having a 31 year old daughter still at home, unmarried, with no skills or life of her own. Also, your kids kind of have a bad track record of broken courtships - two out of the three who have 'entered into courtship' exited the courtship without a spouse. Sure, eventually, Chris got his meek and quiet wife, but not before a courtship ended. Joseph came out of it with a house he can't live in and no wife.

Really, people, who the hell would even consider courtship advice from the Maxwells? Who in their right mind, anyway.

You see I really wanna read it...yet I don't want to buy it as my conscience couldn't justify the fact I had contributed to their "ministry" in any way whatsoever....

He says it's something every family will want.

Um, Stevie boy, I can promise you, that is not true.

You fail at the entire courtship concept, even by fundie standards, so I really don't understand how anyone could possibly consider taking advice about the subject from you. I don't think anyone wants to guarantee having a 31 year old daughter still at home, unmarried, with no skills or life of her own. Also, your kids kind of have a bad track record of broken courtships - two out of the three who have 'entered into courtship' exited the courtship without a spouse. Sure, eventually, Chris got his meek and quiet wife, but not before a courtship ended. Joseph came out of it with a house he can't live in and no wife.

Really, people, who the hell would even consider courtship advice from the Maxwells? Who in their right mind, anyway.

I really don't think they consider Sarah a failure at all. If anything, she is proof of success of the heart keeping mumbo jumbo. They kept her heart so close she will be home forever. It's the whole SAHD taken to the limit. It probably makes them superheroes in some circles.

"Teri and I have been working on a new resource for months, and it is finally getting close. We are in the final weeks of editing before it goes to the proof reader. We have felt this resource is extremely important and something every family will want. Most are interested in the topic of courtship, however, this resource has to do with an all important component, sadly lacking in most youth and a prerequisite for courtship. We look forward to sharing more with you about it in the coming weeks."

Hmmm, how to find a courtship partner who won't break it off a week before the wedding?

ETA: Yes, I agree with the poster upthread who said this resource will be a slap at Elizabeth, and probably Christopher's ex.

I totally agree that the prerequesite will be submissiveness and a parting shot at Elizabeth. If she was properly submissive, she would have accepted the menz planning for her life and allowed a man to choose her as Christ chose the church or whatever that nonsense is.

How Not To Do A Godly Courtship--We've Made Every Mistake, So You Don't Have To! by Steve and Terrie Maxwell

Preparing For a Sweet Courtship: An Alpha To Omega Manual On How To Guide Your Children From Sweet Fellowship to Sweet Fellowship by Steve and Terrie Maxwell

How To Raise A Joyful, Godly Spinster--by Steve and Terrie Maxwell with an Afterward by Sarah Maxwell

It sounds like he is going to introduce another rule. Something extra biblical that, for a few, will be another heavenly hoop to jump through. The list of made-up-by-man-rules is the foundation of all these groups/families. I'm not TOO worried since Steve doesn't seem to have the influence or reach of some other fundies. I also bet it's going to be something that girls must do, a doubledown of submission to dad or avoiding the opposite sex of something. Perhaps it's going to coincide with a daughters courtship so he can then use that as an example of it's success. Maybe???

We have felt this resource is extremely important and something every family will want.

Stevie-O: if this is true, then why not make it freely available as a download from your website? If you don't do so, it's clear that it's ONLY about the money for you.

In any case, do you really think that what you have done to your wife & family should be a model for anyone except perhaps Corrections Corporation of America?

If this is out at their upcoming conference, I will check it out and report back!

Maybe theyre going to start arranging marriages between couples who have never met, so it doesnt give potential Maxwell kid partners the chance to run away.

I totally agree that the prerequesite will be submissiveness and a parting shot at Elizabeth. If she was properly submissive, she would have accepted the menz planning for her life and allowed a man to choose her as Christ chose the church or whatever that nonsense is.

Gah--all these months after the fact, and I'm still so relieved for that girl, and happy that she had both the guts to break it off and the support of her family. The Muncks and I will never see eye-to-eye when it comes to God, politics, gender roles, or what is best for society, but there's no denying how much genuine love is at work in that family.

As for the Maxwell cult's latest propaganda offering? You just know it's going to be oversalted with the the words "submission" and "obedience" and "godliness" and "authority." And there will no doubt be further suggestions on how to suck any residual fun, pleasure, lightheartedness and spontaneity out of your childrens' existence. Because any young person who enjoys a fun-filled, lighthearted home life is going to run, run, run once they grok what life in the Cult of Steve is really like. And how is Steve to save face and get the rest of his boys (and maybe the younger girls) married off if there aren't enough suitably downtrodden young people out there?

It's interesting that they send their books to a proof-reader and not an editor. I guess they're too perfect for anyone to ever suggest actual editing other than correcting spelling errors, or maybe they just undervalue what editors actually do. In any case, I wonder what this thing that youth are lacking before courtship, and if they can find some to give to Sarah so she'll be able to court eventually.

Well, I thought the phrasing was odd, too. As authors, THEY would be the proofreaders, and then if they hire someone else to take a shot at it, THAT person would be the editor.

And certainly there will be some digs that refer to Elizabeth, but we will never know them. But SHE will if she or her parents read this latest piece of work.

Archived