IGNORED

Alert the media: a new Maxwell product!

Marian the Librarian

He says it's something every family will want.

Also, your kids kind of have a bad track record of broken courtships - two out of the three who have 'entered into courtship' exited the courtship without a spouse. Sure, eventually, Chris got his meek and quiet wife, but not before a courtship ended. Joseph came out of it with a house he can't live in and no wife.

And it wasn't just that the courtships failed. Both Christopher and Joseph progressed past those courtships to engagement (with a ring and wedding dates set!), so it was beyond just courtship fails. And the proponents of courtship claim that a courtship doesn't progress to an engagement unless everyone is on board and sure that a marriage is what is desired. So Stevie allowed those courtships to progress to engagements and THEN they failed.

So interesting that he thinks he's an authority on courtship. And if he's willing to admit he's not, he should be giving this new book away for free as a service to the public. But he won't.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure all of the Maxwell fans noticed, what a more "colorful" and fun background Elizabeth comes from. The Muncks are still fundie but they have very vibrant bday parties and LOTS of sugar! I'm SO glad she didn't marry Joe. In fact, I bet she is glad as well. All the Munck kids have said they are fond of their seasonal trees and wish to carry on the same tradition when they leave home. Do the Maxwells even put up a Christmas tree?

Soul-Sucking For Fun And Profit.

No, it's the Maxwells. No fun, just soul-sucking.

I'm sure all of the Maxwell fans noticed, what a more "colorful" and fun background Elizabeth comes from. The Muncks are still fundie but they have very vibrant bday parties and LOTS of sugar! I'm SO glad she didn't marry Joe. In fact, I bet she is glad as well. All the Munck kids have said they are fond of their seasonal trees and wish to carry on the same tradition when they leave home. Do the Maxwells even put up a Christmas tree?

The Maxwells do not put up a tree. It's some kind of false idol for them -- Stevie has written about it in the past. They don't do stockings or Santa or a tree, although they do a nativity scene and seasonal decor (branches, berries, etc.). Not sure if they do lights or not.

Does anyone know how Chris met his wife in the first place? I remember the courtship announcement then a few weeks later they are engaged. I found out about the failed courtship through FJ. It appears the Maxwells are looking for boring types of Christians who home-school.

The Maxwells do not put up a tree. It's some kind of false idol for them -- Stevie has written about it in the past. They don't do stockings or Santa or a tree, although they do a nativity scene and seasonal decor (branches, berries, etc.). Not sure if they do lights or not.

Thanks for the info. Hard to believe they actually put up something. It would have been hard for a young adult to adjust to their way a thinking and living.

It always makes me wonder what Joseph saw in her in the first place. Like, did Elizabeth's joie de vivre appeal to him in some way? Or was it more like "hot fundie girl, she'll do"?

It always makes me wonder what Joseph saw in her in the first place. Like, did Elizabeth's joie de vivre appeal to him in some way? Or was it more like "hot fundie girl, she'll do"?

I don't think it's what Joseph saw in her (it was never his choice, it was Steve's!). But he probably thought he was getting pretty lucky because she had a bit of fun in her.

Christopher's first engagement was to a girl who also has a lot of spunk, and that relationship was squashed, too. You can't tell me Stevie hasn't had a huge hand in all of these spunky girls being canceled from the Maxwell family.

I don't think Joseph first noticed her. From what I remember from before Stevus scrubbed the internets, I think she made the acquaintance of this sisters. I then suspect the sisters talked to Daddy about what a wonderful helpmeet she would be for Joseph and Stevus did his due diligence. The courtship story also mentioned that Stevus and Joseph had a talk about courtship, Joseph prayed and fasted and then low and behold Stevus The Lord Laid Elizabeth on his heart that she was the one He had chosen for him.

In other words, it was the sisters and Steve who chose her.

Brainwashing device, so his kids can finally marry but dont have to worry about potential partners running the other way when introduced to the clusterfuck of crazy that is the Maxwell family.

Or theyve developed a way to add reproductive capabilities to a robot maid.

Cookbook--"1001 Burrito Recipes" ?

Bus repair manual?

"Road Trip!": family photo album of random Maxwells hiking and out-of-focus pictures snapped from a moving vehicle.

"Maxwells Do America" ?

Exposé of the Pepsi Cola racket?

I hope the prerequisites aren't that the bride should never have worn pants, gotten a driver's license, worked with animals (he couldn't get away with criticizing a daughter working in the family business), or have a sibling with Down's Syndrome, or enjoy celebrations, gifts, fun and holiday trees.

Even Steve wouldn't be that transparent, would he?

GkeGAob.jpg

I don't think Joseph first noticed her. From what I remember from before Stevus scrubbed the internets, I think she made the acquaintance of this sisters. I then suspect the sisters talked to Daddy about what a wonderful helpmeet she would be for Joseph and Stevus did his due diligence. The courtship story also mentioned that Stevus and Joseph had a talk about courtship, Joseph prayed and fasted and then low and behold Stevus The Lord Laid Elizabeth on his heart that she was the one He had chosen for him.

In other words, it was the sisters and Steve who chose her.

Ah, I see I once again underestimated how controlling Stevus is. Although I'm now wondering what the Maxwell girls saw in her. I guess I'm just really hoping that someone in Maxhell recognizes fun when they see it, and likes what they see.

Does anyone know how Chris met his wife in the first place? I remember the courtship announcement then a few weeks later they are engaged. I found out about the failed courtship through FJ. It appears the Maxwells are looking for boring types of Christians who home-school.

Anna's family hosted/coordinated a conference at a church in their area. Anna is from a family that is nearly as fundie at Stevies.

And it wasn't just that the courtships failed. Both Christopher and Joseph progressed past those courtships to engagement (with a ring and wedding dates set!), so it was beyond just courtship fails. And the proponents of courtship claim that a courtship doesn't progress to an engagement unless everyone is on board and sure that a marriage is what is desired. So Stevie allowed those courtships to progress to engagements and THEN they failed.

So interesting that he thinks he's an authority on courtship. And if he's willing to admit he's not, he should be giving this new book away for free as a service to the public. But he won't.

I'm wondering if the Maxhell's will propose something like the Matthew and Maranatha Chapman weirdness. Below is from - lifeandlibertyministries.com/archives/000151.php

"They all recognized that marriage engagements in our day are not considered sacred promises. Even for most Christians the engagement period still offers a final opportunity to consider the seriousness of this life-long commitment to marriage before making the decision final. Thus it is not unheard of for Christian couples to call off an engagement after having publicly announced their intention to marry.

In the Bible, however, this was not true. Prior to a marriage the couple would enter into a betrothal. The betrothal involved a virtually irrevocable covenant. The only way to revoke a betrothal was through a legally recognized divorce! And scripturally, divorce was only allowed because of moral impurity.

Recognizing this reality, Matthew and Maranatha desired to enter into a betrothal and do something that, for American culture, was more than engagement and yet less than full marriage. To accomplish this, on February 22, 1988, Stan took Matthew and Maranatha to a Justice of the Peace and they became legally bound in matrimony. Yet before God and with those whom they had close fellowship, it was understood that the consummation of their marriage, or any intimate physical affection, was not authorized until the actual wedding, which was to take place later. This was their way of implementing the pattern of the irrevocable betrothal as it was practiced in the Bible."

I think the Maxhell's will try anything to keep someone trapped by the cult of Stevo.

Oh boy! I just graduated to "holding out for hand sex!" Better than Sarah's doing, at least.

And there's even a hand-sex smiley:

:handsex:

I doubt they will mention the two broken engagements. He looked sort of shocked when I mentioned them to him.

I read the thread but cannot remember. Did he respond at all?

With only a 50% courtship success rating, Stevie is trying to save face. There must be other people who follow them or loosely follow them and see that their,’ what some would call’ dating model is only half successful apart from us. Maybe we could all leave comments suggesting such?

And yes as others have stated, it is also another two fingers up at the Munks. “Vengeance is mine said the Lord†Stevie :naughty:

Maybe the new book has a chapter stating that the bride-to-be is suggested by Stevie not to call off the wedding a few weeks before it happens without her headships permission? – or she will be living with the Devil when she dies?

With only a 50% courtship success rating, Stevie is trying to save face. There must be other people who follow them or loosely follow them and see that their,’ what some would call’ dating model is only half successful apart from us. Maybe we could all leave comments suggesting such?

And yes as others have stated, it is also another two fingers up at the Munks. “Vengeance is mine said the Lord†Stevie :naughty:

Maybe the new book has a chapter stating that the bride-to-be is suggested by Stevie not to call off the wedding a few weeks before it happens without her headships permission? – or she will be living with the Devil when she dies?

Undoubtably.

I bet he so advises to watch out for lightness of spirit in the future helpmeet's family of origin, because a family that revels in worldly idols will produce a flighty girl who does not take the covenant of betrothal sufficiently seriously.

At least the Bates family figured out that courtship didn't work and are now trying "dating with a purpose."

Undoubtably.

I bet he so advises to watch out for lightness of spirit in the future helpmeet's family of origin, because a family that revels in worldly idols will produce a flighty girl who does not take the covenant of betrothal sufficiently seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote that before the union of two Christians blah, blah, Satan gives battle to attempt to stop another union with the Lord Jesus at its center, blah,blah, Eve the bride-to-be should be held up ceaselessly in prayer/weeping until she is at the altar blah, blah, blah.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote that before the union of two Christians blah, blah, Satan gives battle to attempt to stop another union with the Lord Jesus at its center, blah,blah, Eve the bride-to-be should be held up ceaselessly in prayer/weeping until she is at the altar blah, blah, blah.

And something about DEATH. Don't forget the DEATH!

And something about DEATH. Don't forget the DEATH!

EDIT: Eve the bride to be should be held up ceaselessly in prayer/weeping until she is at the altar, lest she forget that marriage is really about death, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Ok, I read Stevie's post a little differently to everyone else here.

Most are interested in the topic of courtship, however, this resource has to do with an all important component, sadly lacking in most youth and a prerequisite for courtship.

What is sadly lacking in most youth and a prerequisite for courtship? Knowing someone of the opposite sex who isn't a family member!

I believe we are going to get an instruction book for parents in how to find families with identical values to your own. It will in some way go through the Maxwells so they make money out of it: fill out a form with all your details, email to Teri and she will match you with a suitable family (it will actually be Steve doing the matching but they will say Teri because matchmakers are traditionally female), a meeting will be arranged between the families, if beliefs do match up they can then see if they have children who would be suitable to marry off.

Archived