IGNORED

Alert the media: a new Maxwell product!

Marian the Librarian

I wish someone had it on their heart to wash my windows. Let us pray.

"Mom had it on her heart to bless Anna Marie, Melanie, and GiGi with window cleaning." And they later mention how washing windows is such a lovely way to bless young mothers.

Are you a godly young mother, Dru? The LORD is always there for you; you just need to accept HIS word (and Stevie's, of course), and someday, Teri may have it lain upon her heart to bless you. :pray:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that they are training the little girls on how to be keepers at home.

Window cleaning ehh? They really must scramble to keep themselves busy getting that PhD level education in homemaking. With so many girls standing around, practically tripping over each other, what can they possibly come up with to do all day? It's a thought that keeps me up nights to be honest.

"Mom had it on her heart to bless Anna Marie, Melanie, and GiGi with window cleaning." And they later mention how washing windows is such a lovely way to bless young mothers.

Are you a godly young mother, Dru? The LORD is always there for you; you just need to accept HIS word (and Stevie's, of course), and someday, Teri may have it lain upon her heart to bless you. :pray:

So that's my mistake. I'm a middle-aged atheist lesbian. My windows are doomed. I'll continue to lie on the couch and peer out through the nose-art.

So happiness is cleaning windows. Riiiight. I am destined never to know true happiness then. :cry:

AAUGGH! Their writing style is SO FUCKING STILTED!

How about "We were sitting around talking and happened to notice how dirty the windows looked after a long winter. Mom thought it would be a nice gesture if we all pitched in and went house-to-house to clean the windows for Melanie and Anna Marie. We made a game out of an otherwise boring job and couldn't believe how quickly it went and how much fun we had!" Okay, maybe not the best example, but you get the idea. No, once again, they had it in their hearts to bless people and blah blah blah.

I realize a picture is just a split-second view and what we see is often without context but I'm always struck by how much Abby has changed. Gone is that goofy kid smile. She always has such a far-away look on her face and her smile now never, ever goes to her eyes. It makes me sad. She's an old woman at what, age 6?

AAUGGH! Their writing style is SO FUCKING STILTED!

How about "We were sitting around talking and happened to notice how dirty the windows looked after a long winter. Mom thought it would be a nice gesture if we all pitched in and went house-to-house to clean the windows for Melanie and Anna Marie. We made a game out of an otherwise boring job and couldn't believe how quickly it went and how much fun we had!" Okay, maybe not the best example, but you get the idea. No, once again, they had it in their hearts to bless people and blah blah blah.

I realize a picture is just a split-second view and what we see is often without context but I'm always struck by how much Abby has changed. Gone is that goofy kid smile. She always has such a far-away look on her face and her smile now never, ever goes to her eyes. It makes me sad. She's an old woman at what, age 6?

I know what happened: Steverino thought "The Princess Bride" was a how-to manual and figured out how to build Count Rugen's Life-Sucking Machine in his garage.

The Maxwells writing a book on courtship or pre courtship or post courtship or whatever they want to refer to dating as is about as ridiculous as someone who played a season of rec soccer writing a book on how to be a professional soccer player. Drives me nuts how people who fail at things (ie Maxwells) think it's ok to write about how to do things right.

And very well trained. She saw bugs and immediately ran for the broom and dustpan. :cry: Most little kids would want to look and them, try to figure out why they were dead, or be curious about them.

I noticed that too. They talked about how they got a playset for them and and any other future ones, are they afraid that if they take them to a park w/ other kids they might realize that their is a world outside their home where kids their age, go to school & have friends that are not their siblings?

I noticed that too. They talked about how they got a playset for them and and any other future ones, are they afraid that if they take them to a park w/ other kids they might realize that their is a world outside their home where kids their age, go to school & have friends that are not their siblings?

Yes, I've no doubt that was at least one of the reasons they built the "Aunties' Park".

Why does everything have to be sweet and precious? Drives me insane.

I do like their homemade cards though. Very sweet!! :)

I agree I did like their homemade cards! Everything else about them makes me kind of ill but the cards are nice!

Why do I not know anybody he feels the urge to lay it upon their hearts to clean my windows?

Fucking tragic. I'm depressed.

I quite enjoy cleaning windows - I find it a relaxing job that doesn't require a lot of effort. However, if there is someone out there who feels it has been laid on their heart to vacuum ...

Crap. I guess I'll just have to hire someone with the money I earn from my godless job. :shrug:

My daughter (6) loves to help me when I clean so on the surface this doesn't bother me. Of course knowing that these two get a whole stack of chores clipped to them every morning/afternoon is pretty depressing.

What was "laid on Terrified's heart" was the thought that on Saturday's there was an hour of non scheduled time for her adult daughters. God forbid they should do anything other than pray and clean.

\

And DELICIOUS. Every meal they ever have is DELICIOUS. How do you really enjoy something as special when everything is the same?

I know what happened: Steverino thought "The Princess Bride" was a how-to manual and figured out how to build Count Rugen's Life-Sucking Machine in his garage.

s7P9P45.jpg

So happiness is cleaning windows. Riiiight. I am destined never to know true happiness then. :cry:

Nor I, but at least that buff young dude who comes to my house is twice-blessed. First while he cleans my windows, then when he accepts my payment for same.

www. Matchwell.com

:eleventy:

:worship: Somebody register this domain name right now.

I agree I did like their homemade cards! Everything else about them makes me kind of ill but the cards are nice!

I agree, the cards are nice, but who will ever receive them? I mean, aren't cards usually sent to what-some-might-call-friends?

And very well trained. She saw bugs and immediately ran for the broom and dustpan. :cry: Most little kids would want to look and them, try to figure out why they were dead, or be curious about them.

Personally, at that age, I would have run away screaming.

I'm kind of curious about the Moody books. Anyone read them?

I'm kind of curious about the Moody books. Anyone read them?

Sadly, yes. They are just as stilted and fake-sounding as the blog. Look! The Moody family eats breakfast. The Moody girls dress in matching jumpers. The Moody family takes care of pets. The Moody family tells all their neighbors about Jesus. The Moody boys love getting tools for their birthday so they can bless their family by doing projects. The power going out is a MAJOR EVENT. blahblahblahblahblahblah. Forever 'n ever amen. :pray:

Archived