IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

Assuming this is the woman the op is talking about, who had issues with her?

In looking over her blog, she espouses all the usual fundy stuff, but her hair is unusual being so short.

Looking at Erica's picture, I think she is the blogger I'm talking about. I remember there was a thread on here about how she responded to other fundie bloggers or commenters who said that she shouldn't have short hair.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone remember the blg about the fundie single mother who said God told her to quit her job......maybe because they could get along fine on Christian charity? Or because she was going to find a better one? Anyway, they were acing the loss of their home and were basically hoping for that next bucket of beans to be droped at the door. I'v always wondered what happened with her. This was probably a couple years ago, or so.

I feel like I should know who you're talking about, but I'm drawing a blank. Do you remember her name or where she lived?

I know who you're talking about, but I can't remember who it was, either. IIRC God told her to quit her job because mothers shouldn't work and she didn't even try to find another, but I could be wrong.

You're not thinking of the woman who lives in the church basement with her teenaged children? Joanne or Jeanne?

This thread is best used in conjunction with the [link=http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12]FJ Reference Library and Blogger List[/link] (above).

Think of this as a sort of Fundie Craigslist Missed Connections. If you can't remember the name of a blog, or the blogger, this is the place to ask for help.

"Who's the family with the 19 kids? You remember, they live in Arkansas and eat a lot of Tater Tot Casserole?"

"Who's the pretentious girl who thinks god gave her a horse?"

"I remember reading a blog once and lost the bookmark. It was this crazy lady with a lazy husband and two daughters. She constantly changed her entire belief system. There was something about wheat berries."

That sort of thing. Include as much information as you can remember and your fellow FJers will try to help reunite you with your lost love.

This would also be an appropriate place to ask "Whatever happened to..."

What ever happened to Mrs E.T.? She was sort of a blue-green poster. Did she ever leave? Does anyone know? She didn't update her blog and I've since lost it.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know what happened to Andrea from God is Writing my Love Story? She got married I think, then disappeared from the blogosphere?

• 1 month later...
When did freejinger become acquainted with Ms. Raquel?

It was before I joined and started posting. I am pretty sure it was when she wrote her first fictional, "Life's Choices", but my google skills suck and I can't seem to find the first thread about her on YUKU. She could have been discussed before that but the first I remember from my lurking days was her fictional. Not sure how she was found.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a blog a couple of years ago, and I'm wondering if anyone else read it. If there is a thread where it is discussed, please let me know... I couldn't find it.

Her name was Jess. She claimed she was a widow, but she was just a twice-divorced woman who was addicted to marriage. She was trying to raise a daughter, and was adamantly opposed to getting a job.

Whatever happened to her? Anyone know if she's still on the internets?

Is this the one where she met some pastor who convinced her to divorce her second husband because in the eyes of God she was still married to her first and that unless her first husband ever returned to her (which was unlikely because the first husband ceased contact and left the state) she would have to remain alone and never remarry? Sorry if I'm mistaken, too many fundies with similar crazy stories. :roll:

Was this the woman who lived in a church basement and was under the "authority" of the church elders?

Except I think she had a minor son who was helping to support her.

Like LynnJ said, the crazy fundies all run together after awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

In the "Upcoming Baby Season" thread there is a discussion about the lack of activity on fundie blogs. I used to have a list of fundie blogs I read before logging in to FJ, but now I don't even bother looking at most of the blogs on my list.

Any theories as to why this has happened? Is it a conspiracy? Have they been told to slow down or stop completely? Are they really as busy as they claim to be?

Facebook

Yeah, I know some post mainly on Facebook. My theory is that there's not much going on in their life to post about, especially the SAHD's who blog. In our prediction post last year I predicted a lack of blogging. I know we should be happy, but I think we have so many new posters here who have no idea how crazy fundies can get.

ETA: I also think FJ did a good job exposing the dangers of fundamentalism and this may have caused some fundies to cease blogging. That could be a good and bad thing.

I am inclined to think that it's a combination of things. Facebook is one, FB seems to have replaced a lot of personal blogs in general. Which probably dovetails into having nothing much to blog about but one can simply throw something short on a FB wall. Also see some validity in FJ causing some to cease blogging; even hearing about us, whether or not any of us posted on their blogs, may have been enough for them to quit.

Probably what has happened to a lot of other blogs. I used to be active on Livejournal for years but now both me and my entire friendslist seems to have moved on to greener pastures. Shame really.