IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

I feel a strange, uncomfortable kinship with Mrs. White. Like her, I'm an introvert with some chronic health issues who loves gardening, cooking, and doing stuff around the home. We're about the same age as well. Her blog scares me more than The Shining.

She could put the kids in school and get a job...

Her youngest is 17. I don't remember why, but a grandson and his mother live with them as well. She is needed at home too much to get a job.

I wonder if she makes much money off her blog. She doesn't participate in the money makers of ebooks that some do, but you do see her on different link-ups.

Her youngest is 17. I don't remember why, but a grandson and his mother live with them as well. She is needed at home too much to get a job.

I wonder if she makes much money off her blog. She doesn't participate in the money makers of ebooks that some do, but you do see her on different link-ups.

Also, "Mister's" parents live with them, I think. Mrs. White isn't very healthy and has no education to speak of, so she has to be sweet, submissive, and grateful to Mister or risk starvation. This is a good thing in her world.

Also, "Mister's" parents live with them, I think. Mrs. White isn't very healthy and has no education to speak of, so she has to be sweet, submissive, and grateful to Mister or risk starvation. This is a good thing in her world.

Yes, because she writes this:

These old time housewives took great pride in their work. And they were grateful. The husbands wanted their wives at home. One common saying was heard by these good men, "I don't want my wife working." A husband wanted the home kept. He didn't want his wife running around, getting into trouble, gossiping, or working to earn the living. He wanted his wife dependent on him, which in return helped make her sweet and gentle and thankful. If she became discontent with the income he earned, or tried to run out and earn the living, she was usurping his authority - she was criticizing his role. A good wife learned to adjust her housekeeping to the lifestyle her husband provided her - whether in a small, humble cabin or a grand mansion.

A wife who was sheltered and protected in the home, the kind who loved being there, this wife was the joy of the family. Her sweet spirit was surrounded by her loved ones. She was there for all their troubles and turmoils. She was there to nurse them from the pain of the world. And they dearly loved her! She was not distracted by schemes of getting rich, or finding herself. She was not lured away by the local mall or the endless luncheons put on by women's clubs. She was home and happy and cherished. Why was she cherished? Because she was grateful and humble and willing to serve her family.

thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com/search/label/Feminist

See, this idea that if the woman has zero choices, she will be more obedient... and I'm here to tell you that in "olden" days, homemakers were in various and sundry clubs--even my rural grandmother was in a variety of social, hobby, religious and community organizations. But, my family didn't confuse love with dependency. :pull-hair:

Yes, because she writes this:

These old time housewives took great pride in their work. And they were grateful. The husbands wanted their wives at home. One common saying was heard by these good men, "I don't want my wife working." A husband wanted the home kept. He didn't want his wife running around, getting into trouble, gossiping, or working to earn the living. He wanted his wife dependent on him, which in return helped make her sweet and gentle and thankful. If she became discontent with the income he earned, or tried to run out and earn the living, she was usurping his authority - she was criticizing his role. A good wife learned to adjust her housekeeping to the lifestyle her husband provided her - whether in a small, humble cabin or a grand mansion.

A wife who was sheltered and protected in the home, the kind who loved being there, this wife was the joy of the family. Her sweet spirit was surrounded by her loved ones. She was there for all their troubles and turmoils. She was there to nurse them from the pain of the world. And they dearly loved her! She was not distracted by schemes of getting rich, or finding herself. She was not lured away by the local mall or the endless luncheons put on by women's clubs. She was home and happy and cherished. Why was she cherished? Because she was grateful and humble and willing to serve her family.

thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com/search/label/Feminist

See, this idea that if the woman has zero choices, she will be more obedient... and I'm here to tell you that in "olden" days, homemakers were in various and sundry clubs--even my rural grandmother was in a variety of social, hobby, religious and community organizations. But, my family didn't confuse love with dependency. :pull-hair:

If "helped make her sweet and gentle and thankful" really means "too scared to speak her mind."

In the old days, women had to kick ass. In the real old days, it was a luxury to have a wife who didn't know her ass from her elbow and who waited inside all day to kiss skinned knees. A woman who wasn't competent at working was a dead weight that families couldn't afford. We've all heard how the more kids you had, the more help on the homestead/farm, so the better the chance of survival. Every member needed to pull their weight, and part of pulling weight was networking to pool together knowledge and form a system to help each other, which meant getting your ass out there and socializing instead of staying isolated.

Fundies have no clue. To them, the good old days were all like Scarlett O'Hara, sitting on porches drinking tea while those subhuman-darkies toiled in the fields somewhere in yonder distance. (I don't know how someone can be a modern supporter of the confederacy.) Too bad they don't actually read books. They'd find out Ellen O'Hara was the real driving force behind the family AND she had a job. She was the medical caregiver for her region. Hell, if they'd read Anne of Green Gables they'd learn that women had important roles that weren't just sit on their butts in the kitchen. Ladies' Aid groups were vital to the care of society, and luncheons helped people form bonds and have a chance to learn what needed attention on the community.

Ah Mrs. White....

I have read her blog for several years now. She is an interesting person. Her and Lori remind me of each other, except Mrs. White is POOR.

Mrs. White is always lamenting her "lot in life" but in a very passive aggressive way. Here is one example.

We pay for almost everything on our credit card. We also pay it off every month. It has bought us several round trip, first class trips, here and abroad. We have flown several times, using miles. We have a new vehicle that we just purchased, but we will pay it off in a few months. We just didn't want to use up all our liquidity when we are getting ready to move our college kids into apartments.

I have been POOR! My ex-husband was/is poor. He has no desire to change. We are not "wealthy" but we are doing well for ourselves. I feel sorry for Mrs. White. I think she tries to convince herself that people are in debt to make her feel better about her life choices.

To me, Mrs. White is the typical stay at home, fundie, QF woman. A life of hardship.

We have been poor too. Complications from an unexpected surgery where my husband couldn't work for a month. We couldn't pay the rent, and had no one to help us. It took months to catch up, and for a lot of that time, the only meal I ate was the free one I got at work. My husband didn't have a lot of an appetite at the time --too much pain. We were not living lavishly at the time this happened either. One paid for car, no credit cards--or I would have been buying groceries with them--and an apartment that cost us $575/month, including water and garbage. We had electric heat, but thankfully this happened in the summer.

Despite the hardship, we look back at those times and realized that this was one of the ways that we knew we'd "make it" as a couple. Adversity brought us closer together. Afterwards, my husband told me he felt so guilty during that time because of the stress I was under, but he also felt very loved and cared for. He said he knew by my actions in caring for him that we'd be together forever.

This woman is depressed and miserable. I got a headache reading her blog, it's absolutely depressing.

• 4 weeks later...

She disappeared fast off the blogasphere back in 2008 or 9 I think. She would visit The Team Bettendorf folks, I do remember that. She had 3 kids as well. I used to love her blog but I haven't spotted her anywhere online since 2009.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

K

Oh yes I remember her very well ! I think she closed her blog when then went to live off grid... She was very survivalist and wanted to live without electricity and all modern conveniences...

Oh yes I remember her very well ! I think she closed her blog when then went to live off grid... She was very survivalist and wanted to live without electricity and all modern conveniences...

Ironically, that sounds like a blog I would have really enjoyed reading.

Man I never noticed how she sounded like A Godly Homemaker...funny how similar folks can be in the fundie kingdom. Thanks for the answers!

Mrs. White's latest is that she has to quit blogging because they're losing their internet service. She's at the top of her sadass, passive form. I'm guessing that within a week someone will pay their bill for them (it happens a lot) and she'll chalk it up to God's grace and her personal piety. :roll:

It's so irritating when on one hand people complain about driving a piece of shit vehicle & constantly worry about it breaking down but on the other hand they judge people for having a car payment. Yes, I have a car payment but you know what? I don't have to worry about it breaking down on the freeway or nickle & diming me to death in repairs.

I know someone like this who writes all the time about strange Christian topics, like 50 pages on a single verse, but she copy and collates them herself. She gives them as wedding gifts, birthday presents, you name it. I don"t think they get read very often.

Did any read the entry where she states their Cadillac is PASTEL PURPLE?

Sharon White reminds me of how Lady Lydia might have been before she went over the edge.

I remember this blog - I found it originally thru a Google search for stretchy beans recipes. Just my opinion but while was very conservative at first she spiralled from conservative to making the Maxwell house look like Animal House. She would buy thrift store clothes (hey even I do that) but she would dye EVERYTHING dark brown. She ranted about really odd things. I worried about how much education her girls were getting. I know they were planning on going off the grid but I thought she posted she was yakking down the blog because she was tired of the comments.

• 7 months later...

I'm trying to find a blogger and I can't seem to come up with anything. They're a largish family in Alaska and they lived in a semi-finished house (with plywood floors and such) and the kids have wacky names like Jerusalem Song and Mercy Fire. (Those are the only ones I remember.) I also seem to recall that they ordered shofars from Israel and let the kids play with them. :roll:

???

I'm trying to find a blogger and I can't seem to come up with anything. They're a largish family in Alaska and they lived in a semi-finished house (with plywood floors and such) and the kids have wacky names like Jerusalem Song and Mercy Fire. (Those are the only ones I remember.) I also seem to recall that they ordered shofars from Israel and let the kids play with them. :roll:

???

If it was Simple Living Alaska, she's gone. However, a search for their blog shows up some interesting threads on FJ, including one where the facebook statues suggests they are now into polygamy.

Jason and Anna Wilkinson. They don't have a blog anymore. Here is a flikr: flickr.com/photos/13947072@N07/with/3799525906/

If you just google those kids names all the FJ threads will come up.

facebook.com/jason.wilkinson.75

facebook.com/anna.wilkinson.16?pnref=lhc

Thanks to snickerz in the upcoming babies thread we have all of their names:

The Wilkinson kids are:

Judah Zachariah (15)

Serenity Rose

Mercy Fire

Destiny Divine

Vision O’YHWH

Jerusalem Song

Zeven Arrow (Dec 13)

Truly Faithful (Nov 14)

Ohhh, they're the ones with Vision O'YHWH - the most ridiculous name I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot. :)

Thanks to snickerz in the upcoming babies thread we have all of their names:

The Wilkinson kids are:

Judah Zachariah (15)

Serenity Rose

Mercy Fire

Destiny Divine

Vision O’YHWH

Jerusalem Song

Zeven Arrow (Dec 13)

Truly Faithful (Nov 14)

Destiny Divine sounds like it could have been the name of Divine's drag daughter (if she'd had one).