IGNORED

Closet Racist, Adoptive Mom, Annoying Narcissist ...

Morton Fan

According to my friend, the estrangement has a lot to do with her self-righteous victim attitude and several of them being uncomfortable with what she puts on the blog.

I remember several times on her blog she has written really critical shit about some of the kids boyfriends/girlfriends and that caused a rift, plus her whining about how she isn't close geographically and how she envisioned that all of the kids would stay close to her and papa.

This chick is effed up on so many levels. I hate how she always writes out her schedules and how busy she is because she has so many kids.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember her name, but she actually posted here at one point. She's got 2 adopted daughters from Africa named Julia and Sophia. She kept referring to her daughters's "nappy" hair and how it took 2 hours to fix one of the girls' hair. Her daughters once put white chalk on their faces and said "look, mom, we're white."

I can't remember her name, but she actually posted here at one point. She's got 2 adopted daughters from Africa named Julia and Sophia. She kept referring to her daughters's "nappy" hair and how it took 2 hours to fix one of the girls' hair. Her daughters once put white chalk on their faces and said "look, mom, we're white."

Dug it up: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12036&p=350133#p350133

From today's post proudly explaining how she made a cute baby shower gift for a friend: "I made Baby Buggy Name Tags on my Cricut,

and created Flavor Names to match the colors of the Onsies.

Blue: Bouncing Brother's Blueberry

Pink: Sweet Sister's Strawberry

Green: Kute Kyzlie's Kiwi

Red: Krazy Kruze's Kranberry

Yes.

The twins names are Kruze and Kyzlie.

Adorable, huh?"

OMG... Kruze and Kyzlie???? No, not adorable. Not adorable at all. Poor babies. We need that New Zealand baby-naming law here...

I can't imagine how annoying this woman is IRL. Poor "Papa."

I think if I were forced to sit next to her on a plane, and I had a couple drinks (likely), it would turn into one of those incidents where the crew turns the plane around due to an enraged and uncontrollable passenger. Then I'd find myself on the no-fly list.

:headdesk:

Sorry if this sounds strange but I am curious :lol: is it the word "bust" that you dislike? We use it most of the time and vital statistics always state "bust measurement" as do dress patterns etc.

On topic; what a nasty piece of work she is. Horrible woman and her blog layout and writing style make. my. eyes. bleed.

Sorry, I was out of town and didn't see this question. It just bugged me how Laurel was like, "MEN, hehe, you might not want to read this post; it's all about my BUSTS!" She just says things in an annoying way and likes to try to get compliments by acting falsely humble about things. So, I took the post about her bust as being a thinly-veiled attention-seeking post. JMHO. :)

From today's post proudly explaining how she made a cute baby shower gift for a friend: "I made Baby Buggy Name Tags on my Cricut,

and created Flavor Names to match the colors of the Onsies.

Blue: Bouncing Brother's Blueberry

Pink: Sweet Sister's Strawberry

Green: Kute Kyzlie's Kiwi

Red: Krazy Kruze's Kranberry

Yes.

The twins names are Kruze and Kyzlie.

Adorable, huh?"

OMG... Kruze and Kyzlie???? No, not adorable. Not adorable at all. Poor babies. We need that New Zealand baby-naming law here...

And who describes an unborn baby as "Krazy"? Those names are definitely better suited for smoothies than children, though.

This kind of crap makes me burn. On another board I was on, a mom recently adopted 3 girls from Ethiopia and spent about four days posting how she was rubbing coconut oil into their hair "for hours," a "whole jar of oil" and that their hair was still nappy and coarse. Within a few days, she was posting pics of the girls in blonde, straight-haired wigs.

Some people are downright crazy and cruel.

Her blog post today was awesome. She posted like 30 pics of her bio-son running a race and then briefly mentions that the adopted daughter was in the same race but no pics of her. :wtf:

Kyzlie? Does it rhyme with Grizzly? That's an awful name.

Her blog post today was awesome. She posted like 30 pics of her bio-son running a race and then briefly mentions that the adopted daughter was in the same race but no pics of her. :wtf:

Par for the course!!!

Kyzlie? Does it rhyme with Grizzly? That's an awful name.

hopefully a silent Z.

Sorry, I was out of town and didn't see this question. It just bugged me how Laurel was like, "MEN, hehe, you might not want to read this post; it's all about my BUSTS!" She just says things in an annoying way and likes to try to get compliments by acting falsely humble about things. So, I took the post about her bust as being a thinly-veiled attention-seeking post. JMHO. :)

Ah yes, I see now thank you :D :clap:

This kind of crap makes me burn. On another board I was on, a mom recently adopted 3 girls from Ethiopia and spent about four days posting how she was rubbing coconut oil into their hair "for hours," a "whole jar of oil" and that their hair was still nappy and coarse. Within a few days, she was posting pics of the girls in blonde, straight-haired wigs.

Some people are downright crazy and cruel.

That is horrible, those poor girls.

She finally posted pictures of her adopted daughter running. After all the harping on how little the daughter is I was expecting to see a dramatic height difference between Sarah and the other runners. She's shorter, yes, but no one could mistake her for an 8 year old or anything. I'm a 5 foot tall adult who has had police officers ask to see my driver's license to see if I was old enough to drive. If Sarah is short she may have have that kind of problem, or be carded for alcohol into her 30s, but I think the babyish treatment might be in her mom's head.

She finally posted pictures of her adopted daughter running. After all the harping on how little the daughter is I was expecting to see a dramatic height difference between Sarah and the other runners. She's shorter, yes, but no one could mistake her for an 8 year old or anything. I'm a 5 foot tall adult who has had police officers ask to see my driver's license to see if I was old enough to drive. If Sarah is short she may have have that kind of problem, or be carded for alcohol into her 30s, but I think the babyish treatment might be in her mom's head.

Exactly; she is clearly post-pubescent and isn't a wan and waifish 14-year-old who may get mistaken for a young child.

Also, while Laurel did finally post about Sarah's running accomplishments, I found it a bit bizarre that she included pictures and descriptions of all of the girls on the team who aren't Caucasian??! What was the purpose of that?!!

I swear, this woman reminds me so much of my aunt it makes me feel ill. She takes tons of foster children and barely has time to do anything else other than run them around to doctors appointments and congratulate herself for how fantastic she is for "saving these poor unwanted children". Her biological children are completely messed up...all of them have been in jail at least once (most of them several times) and all the foster kids are basically just there to boost her ego and to "make up" for how shitty her "real" (her words, not mine) turned out.

I have no hope for them, as sad as that is.

I happened across Laurel's comment on rageagainsttheminivan.com, in a thread about the suicide of Rick Warren's son. She takes advantage of someone else's tragedy to pity herself and talk about how her adopted daughter will probably kill herself too, someday. She also points out that she'll pray for Rick Warren even though she doesn't agree with him. Wow, it really is all about her.

So. Well. Said.

Just what I was thinking today.

I have an adopted daughter with R.A.D. and Major Depressive Disorder. I am well aware that her life could end in this very way. At age 10, she threatened to kill me . . . her sister . . . and herself. At age 11, she is in a Residential Care Facility. So sad. So hard. But . . . not.my.fault.

I, too, am praying for the Warren Family . . . even though I do not fully agree with them either politically or theologically. But, does that even matter? No.

Thank you for your wise words today.

Laurel

mama of 12

If it doesn't matter, why bring it up? She always throws these little digs out in her writing about other people to make herself look better and she ends up like an ass.

I'm sure she has an overly punctuated post already in the hopper if the day ever comes. What. The. Hell.

I'm sure she has an overly punctuated post already in the hopper if the day ever comes. What. The. Hell.

It's sweet how she so easily accepted the fact that perhaps her child will commit suicide one day.

So easily that it ALMOST makes me wonder if dear Laurel wouldn't mourn all that much.

That poor little girl. I wish she had a family who believed in her ...

I'm often wary when (fundy) adoptive parents online start in on RAD. RAD is a legitimate diagnosis when the child has been seen by appropriate medical and mental health professionals. Something tells me that most fundies are not taking their children to professionals and are instead using Dr. Google to diagnose them. They use RAD to explain their children's behaviors and lack of attachment when really those behaviors stem from bad parenting.

I've seen it on adoptive blogs of non-fundies too. Every time these kids exhibit undesirable behavior, it's RAD. Every time these kids defy adoptive mom and dad, it's RAD. Every time these kids exhibit grief over losing their bio families, it's RAD.

Again, RAD is a legitimate diagnosis but the term is thrown around to excuse crappy parenting.

RAD must be diagnosed by a mental health professional. Not only that, but most people don't grasp that RAD is actually a dyiad diagnosis. Yes, the presentation and diagnosis goes to the child BUT RAD is only a diagnosis in a disordered dyiad between the child and the primary caregiver.

You kind of have to be taking your child to see therpaists and docctors to actually have RAD diagnosed, and far, FAR too many parents don't do that. They see untrained counselors who tell them it's RAD, or they just decide for themselves that it's RAD.

I thought this year's DSM was actualy removing the RAD diagnosis because too many people are overusing it for self-diagnosis.

Plus, I hate to break it to racist mommy-dearest but true RADs rarely commit suicide. They are far more likely to be homocidal but they are rarely suicidal. I find it bizarre that a woman who doesn't believe in therapy, never took her children to an actual Psychiastrist and put her child in a modern orphanage and NOT a true residential treatment center, where she recieves NO therapy or mental health services, not only self-diagnosed her with RAD but assumes she will commit suicide, at the ripe old age of 10.

Right. In all the years of attach disordered processing with my children, the fear of suicide was honestly never one of my concerns. True RADs become Narcissists and Sociopaths, and those are not the individuals who commit suicide. Suicide rates are VERY low in that mental health population. Threats of suicide to manipulate and get attention are high, but actual suicide are one of the lowest across all mental health populations. Bipolars and Schizophrenics have the highest rates of suicide, and those are TOTALLY different from personality disorders.

Archived