IGNORED

Closet Racist, Adoptive Mom, Annoying Narcissist ...

Morton Fan

Does anyone else hate the fact that Hosanna is the favorite kid...seriously, they are on a mission trip together right now but she never posts as much about the other kids!

Also, I think the daughter that had the baby might be a fundie like her, the baby is only 5 months old and she is already knocked up again!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else hate the fact that Hosanna is the favorite kid...seriously, they are on a mission trip together right now but she never posts as much about the other kids!

Also, I think the daughter that had the baby might be a fundie like her, the baby is only 5 months old and she is already knocked up again!

Yes. It's very weird that Laurel and Hosanna are going on a 2nd trip together without any of the rest of the family in just a few months. That would be so politically incorrect in my house :-). (I once went on a trip with my middle child to a convention that he was in. My youngest kid... who was probably 6 at the time.... was sooooo jealous... there's no way I could have done that twice in a row with the same child).

I'm not sure if she's always been crazy? I've just heard stories from the past five years or so. Unfortunately I don't have the dirt on any of the questions you asked. I normally just hear about how she's at the salon or nail place in town shortly after writing about having no money. Before they disrupted Jacob's adoption I would hear about him riding his bike all over town unsupervised. I guess he was a bit out of control and they didn't put much effort into working with him.

I too want to know what the crisis was all about or their relationship with the older children. Next time I'm up visiting I'll ask about them. I have a friend who lives near them, she usually has the goods ;)

Interesting, thank you. I'm a longtime Laurel gawker. Just remember ... no detail is too small. :)

Seems all not well in the Reeces Rainbow camp -

Carringtonscourage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/burden-of-proof.html

The problem is that all the naysayers against RR are crazy and not reputable. Some of them have done some shady shit themselves, and get mad at the rules that RR has in place to protect the grant money for the kids. I never donate to a family's personal account because you don't actually know where that money is going. RR will only give the money to the family once they have a travel date, which protects the donors a bit more, as well as protecting the kids with larger grants. I'm all for shining a light on bad things when they're happening, but every time I contact a naysayer I don't get a straight answer back and I don't get any proof. I might be a fan of RR, but if shady shit is going on, I want to know!

Oh look! Another hint dropped that they are broke and wish they had money to visit the grandson in Texas. Hope someone blesses them with cash so that they can go.

I'm confused. She posted on Monday that she and Hosanna were leaving for Mexico in about 12 hours. But she's posted about something unrelated every day since then, and I can't imagine she has the time and/or internet access for that in Guadalajara. Maybe she left the posts queued up? There are no comments on any of them, so I guess she hasn't approved any.

Granting programs have NO authority to speak with CIS about any individual family's adoption. MOST granting organizations give the funds to the adoption agency, not directly to parents, to ensure money is used for the actual child's adoption. RR should not be given funds directly to families. No other granting organization does so. There are plenty of ways if RR wants to cover actual travel costs, they could do so without cutting checks to actual families. If they operated in the similar manner that other granting organizations operate, then they wouldn't need to try to act like they were an adoption agency and overlook that they are not.

Yes, the people accusing them are crazy. The one thing I've noticed about these collectors is that they do tend to be crazy.

We used adoption grants for two of our adoptions, the only international ones we did. I have personal experience with two different grant organizations and NIETHER of them operate like RR. Never did either organization have access to our actual homestudy. They also did not issue funds directly to us. We responsible for our OWN travel expenses both times. However, if the grants had been set up and intended to cover travel, they could have paid a travel agencies and accomodations directly. Heck, we made ALL of our hotel arrangements online. After we got to New Delhi and discovered that the first hotel we booked was......a little scary, while we were in the other city picking our son up, he went to the hotel concierege and got help getting our reservations changed to a safer hotel when we got back to New Delhi. All of our hotel costs were paid online with a credit card before we ever traveled, even in remote areas of the world. This is the age of the internet and technology. Frankly, if you cannot afford FOOD while traveling, then maybe you need to rethink adding special needs children in the first place, because granting organizations can issue the funds for everything else without EVER handing funds over to actual adoptive parents.

Oh look! Another hint dropped that they are broke and wish they had money to visit the grandson in Texas. Hope someone blesses them with cash so that they can go.

Laurel could fly herself to Texas for $300-$400 if she watches for deals. Or to Minnesota to see the other grandkid. I'm sure she spends that much on renting beach condos for Hosanna or gassing up the suburban to go sledding every other weekend. Not sure why a trip to visit the grandbabies requires a huge road trip with everybody.

Laurel could fly herself to Texas for $300-$400 if she watches for deals. Or to Minnesota to see the other grandkid. I'm sure she spends that much on renting beach condos for Hosanna or gassing up the suburban to go sledding every other weekend. Not sure why a trip to visit the grandbabies requires a huge road trip with everybody.

ITA. I would be awfully hurt if my mother chose to go to Honduras, yet couldn't make the trip to meet my new baby. She used to do all of those road trips to meet random internet strangers; why doesn't she do one now and stop and visit all of her kids (including Rachel)?

I'm thinking the mission trip was funded by a church fund? As for visiting the grandchild in Texas... My feeling has been that Jeremiah is one of the children who is particularly estranged from Laurel (that's based on my own gut reaction, I don't have proof) and that saying they don't have money to travel down there is a bit of a saving face technique for the readers.

I agree about Jeremiah. Even if the church is paying for the trip, there are costs involved for being gone from your house. Every few months she puts out a big post about Mama going back to work, but I firmly believe that her going to work would get in the way of fun trips, scrapbook weekends, etc. She acts like working would get in the way of homeschooling but the fact is, she is doing very little of it when you read her posts about how busy she is!

I also agree about Jeremiah being one of the older kids with a beef. I'm sure if his wife's family is any kinds of normal they are SHOCKED at Laurel's behavior. I'm sure this is so embarrassing for him and the other older children and their in-laws. If my mom was anything like that I wouldn't want to associate with her either.

I saw the HUGE hint for cash to visit her grandbabies and rolled my eyes so hard they almost flew out of my head. She should be ashamed of herself mooching off people when she's been offered and turned down numerous jobs. She certainly thinks highly of herself if she expects others to bank roll her lifestyle. She has traveled way more than I have in the last few years and I have a job! It's just so crazy to me.

Back when I went to church (in the 90's) you had to come up with half of the money needed to go on mission trips. I'm almost certain they had to come up with some of the funds for it.

Today on Mama D's blog was this gem:

Someone Nominated Me . . .

for the

Top 25 Moms of Big Families.

I feel oh so unworthy of this,

but since someone nominated me,

I thought I should pass along the information.

I imagine her going toe to toe with Michelle Duggar. Between the two I can't even imagine who I'd "root" for. :roll:

ETA: Awww, the Duggstress isn't even on the list. Either she's too obvious or no one cares enough!

Laurel committed one of my biggest pet peeves that people do on Facebook and Blogs...the Oh.So.Busy post! Maybe she doesn't need to take Hosanna hot cocoa on her break to eliminate some of her time on the road.

Seriously though, anyone can make their lives look hectic.

We haven't had an oh.so.hard post in a while....love those!

Pork and Beans is back. They put Linzi in respite care in February and have tried to go for another adoption in China. Yes, really. And they were rejected because they put Linzi in respite care and are pissed about it too. They are never allowed to adopt from China again. So now they want a respite care situation to open up for them, though they could not handle Linzi.

porknbeansinchina.blogspot.com

They are basically accusing Linzi of causing all of the problems in the family. I hope Linzi is happy, safe and receiving therapy.

They are basically accusing Linzi of causing all of the problems in the family. I hope Linzi is happy, safe and receiving therapy.

I know. It's horrible.

Some square pegs do not fit in a round hole no matter what a family does. Do not be afraid to move the pegs to allow the growth to start and flourish.

:wtf: You only gave the girl a month before considering disruption. She's fucking five! Really, the behaviors she described did not seem that bad to me at all. Linzi just wasn't the perfect little girl she imagined. She did not like her the moment she met her, but took her home anyway. Then when she still wasn't as perfect as she wanted, she tossed her to someone else and attempted to try for a "better" Chinese daughter. When they said nope, she was pissed. Not to mention she's going through chemotherapy right now. Sure, she can handle another child, no problem. :roll: Oh, but don't worry, she will get her perfect sixth child because she can get one through a disruption. She couldn't handle Linzi's needs, but apparently can handle one another family is having serious problems with? Sure.

Her breast cancer is triple negative. No way should any agency place a child with them, not even if they had zero children. Maybe 5 years after she completes treatment and has no recurrence but when she's just beginning treatment, no way. Surely she has done some research on triple negative, she does write that it is aggressive. She had negative nodes so that is good but she can't possibly think they can adopt again.

Maybe she's too busy to notice she's losing that mother of the year contest.

But I've been voting everyday! Against her...

We need a good mud.puddle post. She's being really boring lately. Driving around in her Ford Escape that she bought in February to have when she doesn't want to drive her Ford Excursion. She only drives the Excursion when she wants to show off to friends. :roll: Oh.So.Poor/boring.

Laurel committed one of my biggest pet peeves that people do on Facebook and Blogs...the Oh.So.Busy post! Maybe she doesn't need to take Hosanna hot cocoa on her break to eliminate some of her time on the road.

Seriously though, anyone can make their lives look hectic.

We haven't had an oh.so.hard post in a while....love those!

Ugh, I hate this too! Also, Laurel, if you have time for a nap two days in a row, you're not that busy. Sorry.

'MURICA IS BETTER THAN CHINA Y'ALL

Selfish, selfish China, wanting to keep its own citizens in its own country rather than dole them out to Americans with aggressive breast cancer and a history of disrupting adoptions. :roll:

After all, an American with a shaky adoption story and a serious (often fatal) disease trumps some icky third-world place daring to steal its own people from Americans who want them. Because USA! USA! USA!

*sigh*

Ugh, I hate this too! Also, Laurel, if you have time for a nap two days in a row, you're not that busy. Sorry.

No kidding! And like the PP said, hot chocolate to Hosanna isn't exactly a necessity. Hosanna's the only one who really sounds busy.

But I've been voting everyday! Against her...

We need a good mud.puddle post. She's being really boring lately. Driving around in her Ford Escape that she bought in February to have when she doesn't want to drive her Ford Excursion. She only drives the Excursion when she wants to show off to friends. :roll: Oh.So.Poor/boring.

Haha, yes, the mud.puddle. posts are some of her best. She HAS been boring lately - I'm surprised she hasn't found FJ and written a super-pitiful post about how mean we are. She's mentioned being an avid blog stats reader in the past.

Archived