IGNORED

Mad Men

xDreamerx

Does anyone else miss it? I miss Don and especially Peggy. Betty is the worst mother ever.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dying for it to start up again! Every time I hear about Mad Men, it seems that the new season is pushed back later and later. :(

Mad Men is, hands down, my favorite show. I was looking forward to season 5 starting this summer, but wikipedia says I'll have to wait until next March. I wish AMC would at least show reruns this summer.

Mad Men is, hands down, my favorite show. I was looking forward to season 5 starting this summer, but wikipedia says I'll have to wait until next March. I wish AMC would at least show reruns this summer.

That's about what I heard. . . I was actually irritated when I saw Jon Hamm in Bridesmaids b/c I think he should have been busy making more Mad Men! :D

I know. Every time I see a Lincoln commercial with the man who plays Roger I get a little mad. Dammit!

Mad Men is one of my favorite shows, and I'm pissed that I'll have to wait till March to watch it. The show should pick up in 1967-1968, I think, so I'm guessing that there'll be a lot of tuning in and dropping out going on. I hope Sally runs away and goes to Woodstock, but if she does, that probably won't be till the next season.

I can't wait to see what happens with Don and Megan. She's really good with his kids, and she really wants to get married, but she doesn't know what she's getting herself into with him. Should be interesting!

When they announced how long we'd have to wait until season 5 I nearly threw myself off out my bedroom window. I'm only on the second floor, but it's the thought that counts.

MAD MEN COME BACK TO ME BABY

Nah, Don and Megan will never work out--she's too good for him! Anna Draper was his only true soulmate. Dr. Fay would have been good for him but she was too much of a challenge.

Nah, Don and Megan will never work out--she's too good for him! Anna Draper was his only true soulmate. Dr. Fay would have been good for him but she was too much of a challenge.

I don't think that he and Megan will work out, either, but I think that Megan will realize that after she's already married to him. I have a feeling that she's going to become really jaded. It'll suck for the Draper kids, too, because they really seem to love her. I mean, she's warm and loving towards them, which is a far cry from how Betty is most of the time. Speaking of Betty, she totally still wants Don!

I don't think that he and Megan will work out, either, but I think that Megan will realize that after she's already married to him. I have a feeling that she's going to become really jaded. It'll suck for the Draper kids, too, because they really seem to love her. I mean, she's warm and loving towards them, which is a far cry from how Betty is most of the time. Speaking of Betty, she totally still wants Don!

She does. I think Megan and Don will have a rift after she marries him but I think it will be for the opposite reason. I think it will be because she is very kind and genuine. She wants that sort of typical 3 kids and a dog life and she wants a happy marriage. But Don will let her down. He'll cheat. He'll be mean and neglectful to her and the kids and she'll see him for the kind of person he really is, then she'll want out. She might spend sometime trying to make it work, but eventually she'll want out.

Count me in as loving Mad Men too! Aside from being a great show, I have to watch to admire the gorgeous Jon Hamm (did anyone see him in Bridesmaids?). I heard it will come on spring of 2012, which is a little better than summer of 2012, but not much.

I think Peggy is my favorite character. In some ways, a female Don Draper.

I love the way they show the character's personalities little by little. You think you know them, but then they surprise you.

Peggy seemed very sweet, innocent and naive, but then you find out no, not so much.

Can anyone answer a question for me: Was Peggy's baby adopted by her sister? I got that impression in the episodes that contained Peggy's budding friendship with the cute priest.

I don't know if the little boy was legally adopted by her sister but I know he lives with her sister and her mother in Brooklyn. It shows her going into the room and looking in on him in one episode. I've always wondered what will become of that relationship.

I watched one episode and didn't like it, but I know the first episode of a show can sometimes be sort of clunky and dull as they try to set everything up. Should I watch another episode or two before I make my decision?

I watched one episode and didn't like it, but I know the first episode of a show can sometimes be sort of clunky and dull as they try to set everything up. Should I watch another episode or two before I make my decision?

Yes. The show gives out little bits of information as the weeks go by, so you have to keep watching to understand who the characters are and why they do the things they do. And sometimes episodes raise more questions than they answer. I downloaded several episodes from season 1 from itunes and was hooked.

I didn't really like it based on the first episode either. I actually quit then started watching it again later. It still took me a few episodes, but then I was hooked.

Definitely. I guess some people are turned off by the show because it isn't really about plot. It's about the characters first and their stories. They do become flushed out but it's very non-linear. I think you have to try a few episodes before you really get the flavour. My good friend hated it at first but by the like the 4th episode she loved it.

I don't know if the little boy was legally adopted by her sister but I know he lives with her sister and her mother in Brooklyn. It shows her going into the room and looking in on him in one episode. I've always wondered what will become of that relationship.

Wait, that child was Peggy's? I thought she was just looking wistfully at the sister's kid.

It was her and Pete Campbell's baby. (Or at least I assumed so? IIRC correctly her sister makes remarks about how she ought to give career and move back home which I took to mean, move back home and take care of her baby. The priest also gave her blue egg in the Easter episode so I wondered if he knew something.) In season 4 she finally confesses to Pete that she had his baby.

The writers were pretty vague about the baby. They sort of insinuated that Peggy's sister was raising him as her own, but then again, she and Peggy were apparently pregnant at the same time. Peggy also told Pete that she put the baby up for adoption.

What I'm wondering is if there'll be more Pete-Peggy drama in the future. Things seem to be going well with Pete and Trudy, but you never know.

Archived